Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, July 15, 2019, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 16, 2019, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 16, 2019, 09:50:09 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 16, 2019, 08:25:51 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on July 15, 2019, 08:46:19 PM
Good riddance.... awful signing with terrible attitude

He was never an awful signing. He had class above nearly all our side. He just never fitted the system. What ever it was.
If he never fitted the system then he must be an awful signing

Cairney was arguably worse last season, but we'll gloss over that.

Shall we gloss over how brilliant he was in the championship for 2 seasons
Seri did nothing apart from about 3 games .
Parker obviously wants rid.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: ffcne on July 16, 2019, 02:10:27 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 16, 2019, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 16, 2019, 09:50:09 AM

He was never an awful signing. He had class above nearly all our side. He just never fitted the system. What ever it was.
If he never fitted the system then he must be an awful signing

Cairney was arguably worse last season, but we'll gloss over that.

Shall we gloss over how brilliant he was in the championship for 2 seasons
Seri did nothing apart from about 3 games .
Parker obviously wants rid.

I'm not denying that. But calling Seri awful because of last season must also mean you thought Cairney was awful too.

ffcne

How did he have class when his performances were average if not worst.What class did he show?
We have differing views but respect your opinion, but i need some evidence of what he did so well.
Because i did nt see it apart from 2/3 games.

The Rational Fan

Given the prices AC Milan want to pay for a loan are so low at £35k per week, for that payment we should keep Seri. Even worse, is the option to buy Seri at £13.5m, because if Seri makes it at AC Milan he'll be worth more than £25m+, more likely (he'll be doing Cisse role at AC Milan) and will play 90 minutes per season being near worthless at the end of the season, either way we are ripped off.

Andy S

None of them were good enough or we wouldn't have been relegated

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 17, 2019, 05:16:10 AM
Given the prices AC Milan want to pay for a loan are so low at £35k per week, for that payment we should keep Seri. Even worse, is the option to buy Seri at £13.5m, because if Seri makes it at AC Milan he'll be worth more than £25m+, more likely (he'll be doing Cisse role at AC Milan) and will play 90 minutes per season being near worthless at the end of the season, either way we are ripped off.

Can't see the point in keeping a player who clearly wants out and if forced to stay could be a disruptive element within the squad.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Andy S on July 17, 2019, 10:14:50 AM
None of them were good enough or we wouldn't have been relegated

That's not how anything works. They could have been the best two players in the world, but we could still have gotten relegated if the rest of the players were not good enough. It's a team game and all that (which includes coaches, managers, management etc.).

Digger

Sky report this:

"SERI SET FOR GALA LOAN

Fulham are close to agreeing a deal for Jean Michael Seri to join Galatasaray on loan with option to buy, according to Sky sources."

I do hope we recoup some of his original fee as he will only be sold on for more in future (often after a short period of time), just like Mitroglu

FFC1987

I don't mind a loan if it means we can bring him back for an EPL season if we go up again to be honest. recouping wages and some fee would be great though.

Bill2

This smacks of agent speak trying to drum up business, just like when we got him. Seeing is believing and I will believe it when a bid comes in.

AnOldBrownie

Show me a bid...or else this talk is bull. And if it's bull, interested parties also see the flaws in Seri's game that I see and aren't going to pay good money for an ok player.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Penfold

Galatasaray official website confirms they are in negotiations regarding loan deal.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Penfold on July 17, 2019, 09:07:15 PM
Galatasaray official website confirms they are in negotiations regarding loan deal.

Done deal apparently.  £1.35m fee for season long loan.
¡COYW!

AnOldBrownie

I'm actually hoping this deal goes through.   Best thing for both parties (Seri + Fulham) imo.

I'd personally like Fulham to bring in a loan player who can successfully play the #6 role for Fulham.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 17, 2019, 09:12:14 PM

We are still paying Seri costs, I doubt we will be able to get another player as good as Cisse with £1.35m. Seri isn't that bad a player, sure he is not as good as Cairney and plays best when Cairney is resting but so what. Seri is better than Cisse and both make the bench stronger. Without Seri an injury to Cairney could be fatal to our season and with Seri an injury to Cairney could result in Cairney coming back after injury as a bench player.

The desire of Parker not to use Seri could be his downfall, huge losses that make require selling more players to balance the books. Better to just let Seri sit around doing nothing at Fulham than accept a loan agreement that doesn't cover his wages with a buy option clause. Sooner or later Seri will realise he needs to play his way out of Fulham.

Tony Khan don't agree to this stupid loan, play Seri off the bench and if he gets good price in the winter sell him then. Trying to get Anthony Knockaert for a £15million fee and raising £1.35m by loaning Seri makes no sense whatsoever. Given Cairney injury rate, Seri will start at least 8 times for Cairney, get a start another 10 times for other midfield injuries and probably sub on 16 times throughout the season.

This is exactly what WBA didn't do when they were to promoted three times (and relegated from) the premier league in eight years.

WhiteJC

ffcne

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 18, 2019, 02:02:59 AM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 17, 2019, 09:12:14 PM

We are still paying Seri costs, I doubt we will be able to get another player as good as Cisse with £1.35m. Seri isn't that bad a player, sure he is not as good as Cairney and plays best when Cairney is resting but so what. Seri is better than Cisse and both make the bench stronger. Without Seri an injury to Cairney could be fatal to our season and with Seri an injury to Cairney could result in Cairney coming back after injury as a bench player.

The desire of Parker not to use Seri could be his downfall, huge losses that make require selling more players to balance the books. Better to just let Seri sit around doing nothing at Fulham than accept a loan agreement that doesn't cover his wages with a buy option clause. Sooner or later Seri will realise he needs to play his way out of Fulham.

Tony Khan don't agree to this stupid loan, play Seri off the bench and if he gets good price in the winter sell him then. Trying to get Anthony Knockaert for a £15million fee and raising £1.35m by loaning Seri makes no sense whatsoever. Given Cairney injury rate, Seri will start at least 8 times for Cairney, get a start another 10 times for other midfield injuries and probably sub on 16 times throughout the season.

This is exactly what WBA didn't do when they were to promoted three times (and relegated from) the premier league in eight years.

Obviously Seri does not want to stay at Fulham.
Never really settled.
No premier league team fancied him (why would they)
so off he goes.
Well done Tony Khan.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 18, 2019, 12:26:41 PM

Am I the only person who can't tell what this picture means?

Nevermind...team colors.

Great job Tony. Time to move on from that mistake.

Thank you for that crackin' goal Seri.
Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk