more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 15/07/19...

Started by WhiteJC, July 15, 2019, 07:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Martell Taylor-Crossdale Signs

The Club are pleased to announce the signing of forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale on a two-year deal from our South West London neighbours Chelsea following the expiry of his contract.

The 19-year-old arrives at the Whites boasting an impressive goalscoring record at youth level, including the golden boot in the Under-18 Premier League 16/17 season.

Part of the England Under-18s squad that lifted the Toulon Tournament Trophy in 2017, the striker also netted a hat-trick against Fulham in the 6-0 FA Youth Cup defeat.

Following the acquisition of the prolific East Londoner, Academy Director Huw Jennings said: "We are delighted to secure the services of Martell. He has been a prolific goal scorer at youth level for Chelsea and joins us with the opportunity to develop his career at Fulham from this solid base."

Taylor-Crossdale will initially link up with Mark Pembridge and Colin Omogbehin in the Under-23s squad after fighting off stern competition from other clubs for his signature.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com after arriving, Taylor-Crossdale said: "I'm ready to go here and show everyone what I can do. I felt coming here presented the perfect opportunity to push into the first team. I had a look at the pathway into the first team and I'm hopeful I can breakthrough to impress the manager.

"I'm a player who likes to run in-behind. I'm good in the box and know where the net is, I hope I can score lots of goals for Fulham."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/13/martell-taylor-crossdale-signs

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Taylor-Crossdale

Fulham have signed Chelsea forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale on a free transfer after his contract at Stamford Bridge expired.

The 19 year-old moves to Craven Cottage after a prolific spell in the Chelsea youth team, for whom he won the golden ball in the 2016/2017 Under 18 Premier League. Taylor-Crossdale, who won the Toulon Tournament with England's Under 18s in 2017, has fond memories of the Cottage having scored a hat-trick when Chelsea beat Fulham 6-0 in the FA Youth Cup quarter final.

Taylor-Crossdale, who had a second half cameo yesterday for Fulham's Under 23s as they beat Southend United 4-1 at Motspur Park, told Fulham's official website:

I'm ready to go here and show everyone what I can do. I felt coming here presented the perfect opportunity to push into the first team. I had a look at the pathway into the first team and I'm hopeful I can breakthrough to impress the manager. I'm a player who likes to run in-behind. I'm good in the box and know where the net is, I hope I can score lots of goals for Fulham.

Fulham academy director Huw Jennings added:

"We are delighted to secure the services of Martell. He has been a prolific goal scorer at youth level for Chelsea and joins us with the opportunity to develop his career at Fulham from this solid base."

Taylor-Crossdale has signed a two-year contract with Fulham.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/fulham-sign-taylor-crossdale/

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm signing of Martell Taylor-Crossdale

Fulham have confirmed the signing of highly-rated young forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale following his departure from Chelsea.

The Championship outfit have officially unveiled him as their latest signing, after he left Chelsea on a free transfer.

According to Sky Sports, the striker rejected the chance to stay at Chelsea by turning down a new contract offer from the Premier League side, as he chases first-team football.

The 19-year-old has scored 44 goals in his last 88 games for Chelsea across various youth levels, with an incredible 29 goals in 37 games at under-18 level.

Bundesliga side Hoffenheim were also said to be interested in the striker, with Fulham now securing his signature ahead of their Championship campaign.

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard currently has Michy Batshuayi, Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham as his options up front.

https://readchelsea.com/2019/07/14/fulham-confirm-signing-of-martell-taylor-crossdale/

WhiteJC

Martell Taylor-Crossdale reveals his reasons for joining Fulham following Chelsea exit

The striker has agreed a two-year deal at Craven Cottage following the expiry of his contract with the Blues.

Martell Taylor-Crossdale playing for Chelsea (Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

Martell Taylor-Crossdale has revealed that the opportunity to challenge for a place in the first team was key to his decision to join Fulham.

The striker has agreed a two-year deal at Craven Cottage following the expiry of his Chelsea contract last month.

The 19-year-old is tipped for big things in the game after picking up the golden boot in the under-18 Premier League in 2017, before being part of the England under-18 squad that lifted the Toulon Tournament trophy that summer.

First team opportunities appeared limited with the Blues and the frontman has said he's delighted to have a pathway into senior football.

Speaking to Fulham's official website, Taylor-Crossdale said: "I'm ready to go here and show everyone what I can do.

"I felt coming here presented the perfect opportunity to push into the first team. I had a look at the pathway into the first team and I'm hopeful I can breakthrough to impress the manager.

"I'm a player who likes to run in-behind. I'm good in the box and know where the net is, I hope I can score lots of goals for Fulham."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/martell-taylor-crossdale-chelsea-fulham-16582273

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham will demand £9m for Liverpool target Harvey Elliott

Liverpool reportedly want to sign Harvey Elliott from Fulham in the summer transfer window.

According to The Sunday People (print edition, page 51, July 14, 2019), Fulham will demand £9 million as transfer fee from Liverpool for Harvey Elliott.

It has been reported that the attacking midfielder will sign a youth contract with Liverpool, as he cannot put pen to paper on a professional deal with the Reds until he turns 17 in April.

Fulham and Liverpool have reportedly failed to come to an agreement over the fee, which will be decided by a tribunal, with the Cottagers to demand £9m.

Bargain fee?

Elliott is only 16 years of age, and the £9m fee does sound a lot for someone who made his Premier League debut only in May, but in the long run, that could prove to be a bargain.

The 16-year-old attacking midfielder is very promising and has a lot of talent, and playing in the Liverpool youth system and working with first-team manager Jurgen Klopp from time to time will also help him develop and progress as a footballer.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/14/report-fulham-will-demand-9m-for-liverpool-target-harvey-elliott/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham make contact regarding £15m transfer; has scored 33 goals in the Championship

Fulham have contacted Brighton and Hove Albion regarding the availability of Anthony Knockaert this summer, according to a report by The Sun.

Although a bid is yet to have been officially lodged by the Championship outfit, it is said a transfer fee of £15million has been discussed.

It is claimed Knockaert could be tempted to return to England's second-tier this summer as there would be a chance that he could get an increase on the £40,000-a-week wages he currently earns at Brighton.

The 27-year-old is seen as the ideal candidate to provide Fulham with the goals in their efforts to make a swift return to the Premier League.

The Cottagers were relegated last season after some rather poor performances, despite having three different managers in charge at Craven Cottage.

Knockaert is not a stranger to the Championship, having spent time at Leicester City and Brighton, with whom he won promotion to England's top-flight.

The former France Under-21 international has a good record in front of goal in the division as well, something that could benefit Scott Parker's side and their chances of making a swift return.

According to his statistics by Transfermarkt, Knockaert managed to hit 33 goals and provide his team-mates with 29 assists in his 148 appearances.

The 27-year-old would not be the only new attacker at Fulham if they were to reach an agreement with Brighton, as Ivan Cavaleiro recently completed a loan switch from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/report-fulham-make-contact-regarding-15m-transfer-has-scored-33-goals-in-the-championship/

WhiteJC

Fulham signing this Everton outcast for £5m would be nothing but daylight robbery by Scott Parker

Fulham Opinion: Muhamed Besic would be a massive coup

According to a report from the Liverpool Echo, Fulham are considering a £5m swoop for Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international, 26, has spent the last 18 months of his football career on loan at Middlesbrough in the Championship, where he impressed. He has two years still to run on his contract but Marco Silva is said to be willing to sell him on the cheap.

The report claims that Besic has interest from Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 club but he wants to stay in England and would prefer a move to Fulham.

Fulham would be desperate to bounce straight back into the Premier League at the first time of asking after being relegated from the top-flight last season.

Led by Scott Parker, the Cottagers have made just one summer signing in the form of Ivan Cavaleiro, who has arrived at the Craven Cottage on a season-long loan deal from Wolves.

Parker has also done a great job by retaining the services of star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, who netted 11 top-flight goals last season. But the 38-year-old tactician should make it a priority to shore up his defence that conceded a staggering 81 Premier League goals.

A defensive midfielder would do a lot good for the Cottagers and Muhamed Besic would be a good fit. Besic's career has been derailed by a string of serious injuries, including cruciate ligament damage, which hasn't allowed him to reach his true potential.

However, he is now fully fit and has plenty of Championship experience in his locker after spending the last 18 months with Middlesbrough. The Bosnian has already shown that he is a solid player to have in the Championship and Fulham could benefit from his experience and ability.

The Germany-born star is a tough-tackling, aggressive defensive midfielder, whose game revolves around breaking the opposition's play. He is a decent passer of the ball and never shies away from jumping into challenges and tackles.

That makes him prone to receiving bookings but Besic is exactly the kind of player Fulham need in front of their back four. All in all, he would be an upgrade over Kevin McDonald.

Verdict

Besic would be a great addition for Scott Parker's side ahead of the new season. If Fulham sign him, they would be one of the favourites to win promotion back into the top-flight at the first time of asking.

https://soccersouls.com/fulham-signing-this-everton-outcast-for-5m-would-be-nothing-but-daylight-robbery-by-scott-parker/

WhiteJC

'Great signing', 'Welcome' – Plenty of Fulham fans react to latest summer arrival

Fulham have completed the signing of exciting young forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale, who arrives at Craven Cottage from Premier League side Chelsea on a two-year deal.

The 19-year-old has caught the eye after a string of impressive performances at youth level for Chelsea, scoring six goals in eight games in the 2017/18 Premier League 2 campaign, and was recently heavily linked with a move to German side Hoffenheim.

The young forward ended up as the leading goalscorer in the under-18 Premier League 2016/17 season, and was part of the England squad that won the Toulon Tournament Trophy in 2017.

But after coming through the ranks at Stamford Bridge, Taylor-Crossdale has now completed a move to Fulham upon the expiry of his contract at Chelsea, penning a two-year deal at Craven Cottage.

He will initially link up with Fulham's under-23 side, but will be looking to make a breakthrough in the first-team in the near future.

This wraps up what has been an impressive week on the transfer front for Fulham, who brought in Ivan Cavaleiro on loan from Wolves at the weekend.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/great-signing-welcome-plenty-of-fulham-fans-react-to-latest-summer-arrival/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Breaking News: Ivan Cavaleiro Signs On Loan From Wolves

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we discussed the Fulham loan signing of Ivan Cavaleiro from Wolves. Joining us was Thomas Baugh, from the Wolves Blog. He gave us his view on this move for both clubs. He also shared through his eyes the positives and negatives of Cavaleiro's game. I have a feeling you will appreciate his analysis of this signing for Fulham.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/7/14/20693962/cottage-talk-breaking-news-ivan-cavaleiro-signs-on-loan-from-wolves

WhiteJC

Milan and Roma Pursue Jean Michael Seri as Fulham Midfielder's Agent Confirms Contact

Jean Michael Seri joined Fulham for £25m last summer, but after less than 12 months in west London, the Ivory Coast international looks to be on his way out.

Seri, who was close to joining Barcelona two summers ago, has attracted the interest of several Serie A clubs, as the midfielder looks for a way out of the Championship.

As reported by the ​Daily Express, ​AC Milan are very keen on the former Nice player, but ​Fulham's desire to recoup as much of the £25m as possible could price them out of a move.

This appears to have opened the door for Roma, who Seri's agent Franklin Mala, claims have already been in contact, saying: "My Italian partner and I spoke to Roma a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how the situation evolves.

"He'd be happy to play in ​Serie A and Roma are a very good club."

Elsewhere in Italy, ​Napoli and ​Inter reportedly have Seri on their radar, while ​Premier League side ​Crystal Palace are yet to follow up on their inquiry on the 27 year-old earlier this summer.

The Ivorian has spent this summer playing in the Africa Cup of Nations, where his Ivory Coast side were knocked out in the quarter-finals by Algeria. The midfielder's involvement has been limited however, having seen just over 120 minutes of action and not featuring in either of their knockout ties.

Nevertheless, Seri has been given an extended summer break and will therefore not report for pre-season training with Fulham for another two weeks.

Seri arrived in London with plenty of promise, as the Cottagers believed they had a genuinely top-class player on their hands. However, the midfielder was one of his side's biggest disappointments in a campaign, which saw them relegated with just 26 points.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6411442-milan-and-roma-pursue-jean-michael-seri-as-fulham-midfielder-s-agent-confirms-contact?utm_source=RSS

AnOldBrownie

Lol... Knockhaert... No bid submitted. Besic... No bid submitted... And Seri's agent reached out to Roma weeks ago... But no bid and he gets very  few minutes with his national team.

Media..

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

KJS

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 15, 2019, 01:14:19 PM
Lol... Knockhaert... No bid submitted. Besic... No bid submitted... And Seri's agent reached out to Roma weeks ago... But no bid and he gets very  few minutes with his national team.

Media..

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

:plus one: Exactly most of Fulhams business is always under the radar.