more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 16/07/19...

Started by WhiteJC, July 16, 2019, 07:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cav aiming to do a Wolves for Fulham

Ivan Cavaleiro is hoping to use his Championship experience to win promotion with Fulham.

The 25-year-old forward, who is on a season-long loan from Wolves, was a key part of Nuno Espirito Santo's team that won the Championship in 2017-18, when he scored nine goals in 42 games. Now he is hoping to do the same with Scott Parker's side as Fulham seek an immediate return to the Premier League following relegation last season.

"My goal is just to help the team get to the Premier League, and score a lot of goals and add a lot of assists," said the Portuguese. "I think I can score a lot of goals with the way we play. We play a possession game and it's good to create space, provide assists and score goals. That's my aim this season.

"I know what the Championship is like because I have played in it for two years. It's very hard. My first year wasn't very easy. My last year in it we had a great team, and I believe we can do good things this year. With the quality we have, we can go far this season."

Fulham were linked with Cavaleiro's signature for the second summer in a row, and the Londoners beat off reported interest from Huddersfield and Derby for his signature. Cavaleiro admitted it didn't take much persuading to sign for them.

"When my agent talked with me, I didn't think too much," he told www.fulham.com. "Fulham is a big team in England, with great players and a lot of quality. I think we have a big opportunity to grow as players, and achieve our goal.

"Since I arrived, my goal is to work hard and help the team. We know the Championship is a hard league with a lot of good teams who have come from the Premier League so we have a lot of work to do this year and a long way to go. I hope things go well but we have to work very hard."

Cavaleiro has joined Fulham's pre-season tour of Portugal, where Parker has given him a pep talk. "When I arrived, he told me that with my quality, I can do good things for the team, so let's see how it goes," he added.

The former Monaco man is already familiar with at least one face in the Fulham camp – striker Rui Fonte. The Portuguese pair were together at Benfica in 2014-15.

"I know him from Benfica, when we played together in the second team there, so we're good friends," said Cavaleiro. "I hope this year I can give a lot of assists to him."

https://www.wolvesbite.com/2019/07/cav-aiming-to-do-a-wolves-for-fulham/