Team in for tonight / Matchday thread Porto

Started by sunburywhite, July 16, 2019, 07:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Trialist
Trialist Trialist Trialist Trialist
Trialist Trialist Trialist
Trialist Mitro Trialist
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Your #FFC team to face @FCPorto: Bettinelli, Christie, Odoi, Mawson, Bryan, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Kebano, Mitrović, Kamara. #FFCinPortugal

Kamara starts

GJB

Similar to how we treated Ryan, I was hoping Scott would start Steve Sess as RB and tell him the position is his to lose. If after a number of games we have a young talent in Steve Sess then the first team position is his to keep, if not, we have Christie as a backup.

hovewhite

Quote from: GJB on July 16, 2019, 08:08:48 PM
Similar to how we treated Ryan, I was hoping Scott would start Steve Sess as RB and tell him the position is his to lose. If after a number of games we have a young talent in Steve Sess then the first team position is his to keep, if not, we have Christie as a backup.

easy to have a pop pre season!!

@jolslover

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on July 16, 2019, 08:00:35 PM
Your #FFC team to face @FCPorto: Bettinelli, Christie, Odoi, Mawson, Bryan, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Kebano, Mitrović, Kamara. #FFCinPortugal

Kamara starts

Decent team, add Cavaleiro and Anguissa in for Kmac / Kebano and we're off to a good start
STH H3

love4ffc

Hopefully we will see Steve Sess during the Porto match.  Give Scott a chance. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: love4ffc on July 16, 2019, 08:13:57 PM
I want to see why everyone rates his first team ability so highly.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

filham

Well at the moment that is about our first choice team, good that they are getting a run out together.

This indicates that Seri, R.Sess. and Anguissa are probably on their way out, just hope there are replacements to come in.

love4ffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 16, 2019, 08:16:41 PM
I want to see why everyone rates his first team ability so highly.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Think we all do.   :023:

@jolslover

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2019, 08:17:45 PM
Well at the moment that is about our first choice team, good that they are getting a run out together.

This indicates that Seri, R.Sess. and Anguissa are probably on their way out, just hope there are replacements to come in.

Anguissa / Seri are at AFCON and have not joined the squad yet although i expect Seri will leave
STH H3

GJB

This is an example of messages being interpreted in the wrong manner online. This wasn't me having a go at Scott Parker - I was fully behind his appointment to clarify and have backed his decision-making so far as Fulham manager.

My comment was driven by my desire to see Steve Sess have the chance to develop as a player, in a similar style to Ryan when he had his breakthrough season in the Championship and I think this is most likely achievable with regular first team appearances. Giving him the RB position from the start could be a real boost of confidence for the youngster. That is just my opinion, I can understand why Christie is and will be picked as first-choice, a lower-risk option out of the two players.

love4ffc

Quote from: GJB on July 16, 2019, 08:22:51 PM

This is an example of messages being interpreted in the wrong manner online. This wasn't me having a go at Scott Parker - I was fully behind his appointment to clarify and have backed his decision-making so far as Fulham manager.

My comment was driven by my desire to see Steve Sess have the chance to develop as a player, in a similar style to Ryan when he had his breakthrough season in the Championship and I think this is most likely achievable with regular first team appearances. Giving him the RB position from the start could be a real boost of confidence for the youngster. That is just my opinion, I can understand why Christie is and will be picked as first-choice, a lower-risk option out of the two players.

No worries.  All good  082.gif

GJB

Quote from: love4ffc on July 16, 2019, 08:24:38 PM
Quote from: GJB on July 16, 2019, 08:22:51 PM

No worries.  All good  082.gif

Glad to hear - apologies if my initial message seemed anti-SP!

GJB

Mitro vs Pepe could be an entertaining contest tonight

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2019, 08:17:45 PM

None of those three players would be available for selection since they are still to rejoin the team due to internationals ( and in Sess' case perhaps also injury). This therefore indicates nothing.

love4ffc

Quote from: GJB on July 16, 2019, 08:28:12 PM
Mitro vs Pepe could be an entertaining contest tonight

Agree with this as Pepe will give no leeway for Mitro.  Good battle and test for Mitro. 

Sting of the North

CorkCity

Kamara looks lively, trying to get the ball to Mitro, they must be friends again. Its live on Sport TV 1, luckily i can get Portuguese TV in Cork
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Tabby

Kmac has looked shakey so far, Odoi almost gave away a goal.