watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Bruce appointed

Started by sunburywhite, July 17, 2019, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andy S

Does that have anything to do with Us? Please put NFR

bobby01

Evidently a lot of toon fans really unhappy with this.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobby01

Quote from: Andy S on July 17, 2019, 10:06:14 AM

:doh: how petty
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Andy S on July 17, 2019, 10:06:14 AM

awk confuse ye did it? Poor critter

Camel Club

Not sure I've got the strength to listen to his self-pitying post match press conferences.

I know there's very little loyalty in football and that loyalty works both ways but his brand of it always strikes me as particularly unedifying.

Bruce obviously believes there's a reasonable chance he can keep them up next season, despite the turmoil within the club, otherwise he wouldn't have gone there. And maybe he will but it's a win/win for him isn't it?

If they are relegated and spend most of the season in the bottom 3 he can play the lack of stability / lack of inward investment card i.e it's got nothing to do with him and if they stay above the drop zone he'll be laying it on thick about how they've defied the odds and overachieved as everybody had consigned them to relegation before the season even started.

Can't stand the man.

Burt

Follow the fun on here:
https://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/23219-bruce-manager-of-nufc/

Bit of a mixed reaction, I think it's fair to say...

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Camel Club on July 17, 2019, 11:01:36 AM
Not sure I've got the strength to listen to his self-pitying post match press conferences.

I know there's very little loyalty in football and that loyalty works both ways but his brand of it always strikes me as particularly unedifying.

Bruce obviously believes there's a reasonable chance he can keep them up next season, despite the turmoil within the club, otherwise he wouldn't have gone there. And maybe he will but it's a win/win for him isn't it?

If they are relegated and spend most of the season in the bottom 3 he can play the lack of stability / lack of inward investment card i.e it's got nothing to do with him and if they stay above the drop zone he'll be laying it on thick about how they've defied the odds and overachieved as everybody had consigned them to relegation before the season even started.

Can't stand the man.

He went there because he will get a big pay rise and he knows if he fails he can still get a job after. Never liked Bruce.

bobby01

Quote from: Burt on July 17, 2019, 11:10:10 AM
Follow the fun on here:

Burt, I don't know if I'm seeing this wrong or not, but all the quotes I see are from Feb 2009

bobby01

The way Wolves are taking them apart looks like he has big problems.

Burt

Quote from: bobby01 on July 17, 2019, 12:19:40 PM
Follow the fun on here:

Burt, I don't know if I'm seeing this wrong or not, but all the quotes I see are from Feb 2009

Bobby, from page 2 on it's up-to-date.

bobby01

Quote from: Burt on July 17, 2019, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 17, 2019, 12:19:40 PM
Follow the fun on here:

Bobby, from page 2 on it's up-to-date.

Thanks Burt, I'm a bit thick at times. 092.gif

Tabby

He was the 11th choice on the Newcastle shortlist for Rafa replacements according to Sky. His agent also offered Bruce to Newcastle before they contacted him. Dearie me.

ffcne

Quote from: bobby01 on July 17, 2019, 10:09:10 AM
Evidently a lot of toon fans really unhappy with this.

Live up there.
They are never  happy.
9 fan groups meeting outside Sports Direct in city centre to protest!!
Best read is The Mag they pull no punches about anyone.

ffcne

Follow the fun on here:

Best read is The Mag laying into everyone Richard Keys ,Kevin Nolan etc

Camel Club

Follow the fun on here:

Thanks Burt. Sat by myself having a coffee in my local Nero and laughing my head off. Glorious.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

aaronmcguigan

How does a manager like Bruce who's last three jobs have been Championship jobs where he's got 1 promotion, seriously underperformed at Villa, and completely disrespected Sheff Weds owners and fans by leaving just before the start of the season.

Why would any owner want to employ that kind of man other than to be Mike Ashley's yes man

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 17, 2019, 10:28:19 PM
How does a manager like Bruce who's last three jobs have been Championship jobs where he's got 1 promotion, seriously underperformed at Villa, and completely disrespected Sheff Weds owners and fans by leaving just before the start of the season.

Why would any owner want to employ that kind of man other than to be Mike Ashley's yes man

That's a very sensible question but football today is very short of sensible thinking and behaviour.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

This is my favourite quote....

"The former Sheffield United manager resigns from the Sheffield Wednesday job as the former Sunderland manager gets ready to take over at Newcastle. Anyone would think the former Birmingham and Aston Villa manager didn't care much for footballing loyalty".
Everything is difficult before it's easy!