News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What position(s) are the most important to strengthen?

Started by Maidstone Lee, July 17, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What position(s) are the most important to strengthen?

Right Back
16 (7.7%)
Centre Back
43 (20.6%)
Right Back & Centre Back
134 (64.1%)
Left back
0 (0%)
Left back & Centre Back
1 (0.5%)
Any other position?
15 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Voting closed: July 22, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Maidstone Lee

If I can kick off the voting, I'll go for Right Back & Centre Back
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

wheelerdeeler

In order I'd say (assuming Sessegnon's gone);
Right-Sided Centre-Back
Right-Back
Tackling Defensive-Mid
Left-Winger

Don't think we'd need anyone on top of that, so 5 signings total including Cavaleiro.

filham

Really good players at right back and centre back but they have to be outstanding not just more of the same.

Statto

Right-sided Centre back
Winger who can also play CF if necessary

Those the only essentials IMO

Woolly Mammoth

Centre Back and Right Back are the order of the day. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

I still haven't seen enough of Steven Sess to determine if RB is an area of need or not.   We also don't know about Marlon Fossey's health.

Right now, right sided CENTER BACK is the one position I think the team has to invest in.

I also thought our midfield got overrun yesterday, but maybe Anguissa coming back will help that.    Plus...MacDonald should be better against most championship level opponents

KJS

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 06:17:55 PM
Really good players at right back and centre back but they have to be outstanding not just more of the same.

I think that is our biggest problem, namely that it is difficult as a Championship club to attract PL level players (which is what we would need in my opinion).

filham

OK we have all decided on a right back and centre back as top priority , has someone let Parker know because it is being left late again.

wheelerdeeler

The one thing I will say about the Right-Back situation is I saw loads of people on here posting about wanting to see our kids get more chances a few weeks ago. If Parker wanted to back S. Sessegnon (or Drameh if he stays) and he thinks they can have a breakthrough season like a Max Aarons did for Norwich last season I'd be fine with that. I think Parker's clearly interested in blooding some kids given Taylor-Crossdale talked openly about a pathway into the first team and there's an interview from when he was a Spurs coach talking about not liking (I think his words were) average players blocking the progression of a young player.

I don't think we've even been linked with a Right-Back whereas we have for the other positions I'd say we need to sign in;
RCB: Hector and previously Konsa.
DM: Besic.
Winger: Knockaert, O'Dowda.

Nero

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 08:24:26 PM
OK we have all decided on a right back and centre back as top priority , has someone let Parker know because it is being left late again.

Think we are trying to get Maguire on loan for the season first with an option to buy next summer after we missed out on de ligt

The Old Count

What position is the most important that needs strengthening?   DOF of course.

The Enclosurite

The results of this so far are very telling.  Hope the club are watching!!
¡COYW!

junior white

Right Sided CB - nothing against Denis but w have needed one for a couple of seasons now
Right Back - not convinced about Cyrus
Winger - just feel we need an upgrade especially if Sess leaves
Striker - A back up to Mitro in the same style, for me we can adapt with those we have if we need to change the style
Goalkeeper - Not seen much of Fabri but I just don't think any of out keepers are top 2 material, top 6 yes but not top 2 - lowest wish on my list though

David I

Pretty damning results from the uneducated - shame the few and the recruitment can't see the blooming obvious?! 🤭

grandad

Don´tneed a RB as we have Christie & both S Sess & Marlon Fossey are with the squad in Portugal. RCB is the most urgent followed by a real RW.
Where there's a will there's a wife

junior white

Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2019, 10:02:47 PM
Don´tneed a RB as we have Christie & both S Sess & Marlon Fossey are with the squad in Portugal. RCB is the most urgent followed by a real RW.
Did Fossey play  while there? Sess played left back last night when he came on.

The Rational Fan

Mawson is an excellent RCB in the Championship, it's a tiny change in position but he'll be a big improvement from Odoi. I also thought MLM played RCB well against Everton. A right footed LCB of Mawson standard could retrain as a CF or DM, retraining as a RCB is trivial for him. If we play Mawson as RCB and stays fit, don't be surprised if he makes PFA team of the year.

We need a LW/CF like Babel or Gayle. When we lose Seri and Sess, we only have one player Mitro with more than one assist last season and we are only talking about defenders crazy. Our backup GK is Fabri/Rodak, our backup CB is Ream, our backup CM is Johasen and our backup FW is Kamara (with Atiye injuried most seasons).

If Kamara is playing for Mitro we are in trouble deep. We will get 2 points per game with Mitro playing, but if we get 1.5 points per game without him, auto promotion is not likely.

Woolly Mammoth

Good to know we are all agreed then, First choice Right Back and First Choice Centre Back are two positions we must prioritise.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.