more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emerson Hyndman

Started by love4ffc, July 18, 2019, 02:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Emerson Hyndman playing in the MLS

As an American I was very sad when Emerson Hyndman left FFC.  Like so many youths now a days he got the bug in his ear that the grass was greener elsewhere.   Since then he has bounced around as loan player from AFC Bournemouth 

He is currently playing in the MLS for Atlanta United.  Very lucky for me as I will be able to watch him live from time to time. 

How's he doing? 
Well he's only made two appearances so far, but both have been very exciting with some great play.  His first touch has improved dramatically, and he puts loads of balls across the box.  He's movement off the ball is very intelligent and draws defensive players allowing other to be creative and get more opportunities in the box. 

How did the game go you ask?
Well, Atlanta United was playing Houston and one of their players got a red card with in the first six minutes.  Dummy was too aggressive towards a ref during a call.   Atlanta United scored twice in the first half within minutes and Houston was obviously on the back foot the rest of the game.  United controlled the possession for the remainder of the match and was unlucky not to make the match end with a score line of 8 to 0.  In the end, final score was Altanta United 5 Houston 0. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

He was a great young talent for us, with high hopes for him. Fans were sad when he left, but I'm glad he seems to be  doing well now.

brightster

Good ball player but he wasn't tough enough for both the Prem and championship. Hope he improves his strength could be a very good player.

YankeeJim

Quote from: brightster on July 18, 2019, 08:57:40 AM
Good ball player but he wasn't tough enough for both the Prem and championship. Hope he improves his strength could be a very good player.

"Not tough enough" is a refrain I often hear on these pages, as if the English Leagues are the only ones that are hard nosed. That is probably true when your talking Spain or Italy but many players substitute lack of talent for physicality. MLS has a lot of that, as does Liga MX. If you can't catch the guy, chop him down. To me, it is more attitude than muscle.
IMHO, the difference between English football and most of the rest of the world is the pace. Not speed but the constant go-go-go. There is seldom any let up. That is what drew me to English football. I suppose it is toughness of a sort but it is more mental than physical. This explains why truly talented players such as Seri, Ruiz and Fonte largely were failures in England.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bill taylors apprentice

brightster

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 18, 2019, 05:31:35 PM
Quote from: brightster on July 18, 2019, 08:57:40 AM

"Not tough enough" is a refrain I often hear on these pages, as if the English Leagues are the only ones that are hard nosed. That is probably true when your talking Spain or Italy but many players substitute lack of talent for physicality. MLS has a lot of that, as does Liga MX. If you can't catch the guy, chop him down. To me, it is more attitude than muscle.
IMHO, the difference between English football and most of the rest of the world is the pace. Not speed but the constant go-go-go. There is seldom any let up. That is what drew me to English football. I suppose it is toughness of a sort but it is more mental than physical. This explains why truly talented players such as Seri, Ruiz and Fonte largely were failures in England.

What I mean is that all of them above you mention and you can include Patrick Roberts and even Ryan S are easily dispossessed when on the ball, in my mind they need more upper strength.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Hyndman's problem, I suggest, is that while he had 25 appearances while at Fulham he has only had 32 appearances since he moved to Bournemouth, all but two of those out on loan.

If a player moves on too earlier and fails to get playing time then their career is likely to suffer.

love4ffc

Just an FYI, I saw in the transfer market website that both Hyndman and Roberts are represented by the same agent, Steller Football Inc.  Guess they both were told by the agent that they could do better elsewhere and make more money.  Oh well, hind sight 20 20 and all that. 

I still look forward to see him play. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have said on previous threads that Hyndman was advised by the German Manager of the USA team
(Jurgen Klinsmann?)  He said at the beginning of  Hyndman's final season that he should move on to a better club and that was common knowledge. I am not in the know about the club but I knew that he would be leaving unless Fulham could get him to change his mind.He was in the USA squad and followed his manager's advice.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 18, 2019, 07:05:13 PM
I have said on previous threads that Hyndman was advised by the German Manager of the USA team
(Jurgen Klinsmann?)  He said at the beginning of  Hyndman's final season that he should move on to a better club and that was common knowledge. I am not in the know about the club but I knew that he would be leaving unless Fulham could get him to change his mind.He was in the USA squad and followed his manager's advice.

I wonder if Hyndman is grateful for that advice on reflection.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 18, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

About as thankful as USA fans are for that manager's spell running the Nats.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 18, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

I've wondered the same thing.