watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by DevonFFC, July 18, 2019, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

I'm not sure if the players read these boards or the comments on social media but he gets it the worst from our fans.

He had just put a video on social media of him training and the caption reads

"Don't let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you"

Telling after the slating he got after the friendly against Porto

grandad

Any player wearing our shirt deserves encouragement. The constant slagging off a player & booing are counter productive. Make fair & objective comments after a game is fine but the abuse he gets before the season has started is uncalled for.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: grandad on July 18, 2019, 06:33:59 PM
Any player wearing our shirt deserves encouragement. The constant slagging off a player & booing are counter productive. Make fair & objective comments after a game is fine but the abuse he gets before the season has started is uncalled for.

Yep. 100% agree.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

JoelH5

I think he was the worst player in the regular 11 last season due to, in my opinion, his poor marking, lack of ability to get the ball into the box etc. However, that is nothing against his personality. He seems very professional and a decent guy. I think if people dont make personal assumptions but comment on his ability, that's fair enough.  As fans of the club,  we are allowed a view. What I dont agree with is people making personal comments about someone they don't know.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

No one wearing the white shirt should get personal abuse, booing etc from our fans. But I think it fine to say someone is playing crap or not good enough. He gets paid £1m+ per year to do a job most would do for free. He should be able to handle a bit of stick and if he can't, he's free to walk away and do a 'normal' job like the rest of us. In any case now we've dropped a level, I think he'll look better and the fans will quickly change their tune.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 06:40:06 PM

I think he was the worst player in the regular 11 last season due to, in my opinion, his poor marking, lack of ability to get the ball into the box etc. However, that is nothing against his personality. He seems very professional and a decent guy. I think if people dont make personal assumptions but comment on his ability, that's fair enough.  As fans of the club,  we are allowed a view. What I dont agree with is people making personal comments about someone they don't know.

Yeah, but if you hear your "customers/clients" or whatever you want to call them, slagging you off, will it have a Positive or negative effect on you?!
We're supporters, we're supposed to support the team.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

AnOldBrownie

It's his job to lose imo. I support him 100% until he gets his job taken away.  I thought he had a decent overall game against a good opponent.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

love4ffc

Support him 100%, regardless of my opinion of him at times I will always want him to do well while playing for us. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Nero

Did you not see Odoi

JoelH5

Quote from: love4ffc on July 18, 2019, 06:52:46 PM
Support him 100%, regardless of my opinion of him at times I will always want him to do well while playing for us. 

I'm sure 99% of us want him to do well but we shouldn't have to pretend his is when he isn't

love4ffc

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 07:09:35 PM

I'm sure 99% of us want him to do well but we shouldn't have to pretend his is when he isn't

Trust me, I will be the first to criticise him when he is doing poorly.  He is a professional and needs to except criticism.  But criticism should be constructive and not demeaning. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Worst player for us last season....Really?
I can name a few who were 10 times worse.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

Who were first 11 regulars? Go on...

JoelH5

Quote from: love4ffc on July 18, 2019, 07:15:28 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 07:09:35 PM

Trust me, I will be the first to criticise him when he is doing poorly.  He is a professional and needs to except criticism.  But criticism should be constructive and not demeaning. 

Yeah I agree with that. I wouldn't ever boo him

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 07:25:43 PM

Odoi...Seri..Rico.....Do you want me to go on.

Andy S

Booing players at any level saps their confidence. Slagging 5hem off in polls doesn't do any good either. Encouragement can turn them into super hero's

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2019, 07:31:52 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 07:25:43 PM

Odoi...Seri..Rico.....Do you want me to go on.

Odoi... no chance. Seri was miles better than Christie. You are comparing him to the level he was expected to be at. Forgetting how good they should be, Seri looked miles better.

Rico was actually a great shot stopper. He just had a run of 4 games where we made a few errors. So yes, please do go on as you're yet to name someone who played worse.

Dont get me wrong. I'd love him to have an amazing season but I think we would be better served getting in someone better. RB is our main priority in my opinion. That doesnt mean I would tweet him saying he's crap or boo him though.

Camel Club

Anyone wearing the Fulham shirt and giving their best gets my full support. I've never seen Cyrus give less than 100% for us. Let us not forget that he was in the unenviable position of being the first choice right back in the PL in an unsettled defence when he had previously only been Ryan Fredericks' understudy in the Championship.

I believe he will be a good right back for us next season in the same way as Joe Bryan on the other flank as long as we have a decent centre back pairing and adequate protection in the form of quality defensive midfielders.

jayffc

In fairness...
thought he was really poor last year.
But he played well in the friendly, hopeful he'll do alright in the championship just not convinced by him in last years team at that level is all.

ALG01

he was not up to the standard in the promotion year and the because of the step up was spectacularly poor last season.
In the friendly V porto he was poor again.... we need a proper right back