watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR travel insurance

Started by f321ffc, July 19, 2019, 03:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Looking for recommendations for travel insurance, done the usual comparison sites but on reading reviews they all seem to be badly rated when you try to make a claim.
Anyone had to make a claim and not had loads of hassle or  claim  refused, Obviously hope we don't have to claim but the only reason to take out insurance is so you are covered.
Thanks
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

AnotherOldgit

Last year I took out an annual winter sports policy with the imaginatively named TravelInsurance.co.uk. This turns out to be a cheapo version of InsureandGo.  I had no need to claim for anything on the ski trip but later in the year I had to pull out of a trip away (annual chaps piss-up) because of my wife going into hospital. I stuck a claim in for flights and accommodation and much to my surprise they paid out the lot within a month. Fortunately the original policy had been so cheap that I'd paid extra for the no excess option! No idea what they'd be like with a big money claim though.

Holders

I took out an inexpensive multi-trip policy with Rock Insurance. Haven't had to claim but it covers all the necessaries, including winter sports.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nero

sure one of the comparison site have the Defaqto rating look for the ones with the highest number of star

H4usuallysitting

You might already have one bundled into a bank account....mine's with Nationwide

Roberty

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 19, 2019, 05:21:23 PM
You might already have one bundled into a bank account....mine's with Nationwide

It is annual family worldwide insurance, not just for the account holder and you can cancel your breakdown cover because that is included as are several other items

It has already been said but I will repeat - pay the small extra charge to have no excess - if you have a claim it is not likely to be a large one - the excess will therefore be a huge percentage of the total you claim.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy