more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri loan deal

Started by Hatch007, July 18, 2019, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatch007

Loan Deal For Seri

The Club can confirm that Jean Michaël Seri has joined Galatasaray on a season long loan deal.

The Turkish outfit also holds an option to make the transfer permanent.

We would like to wish Mika the best of luck during his time in Istanbul.

Sgt Fulham

Maidstone Lee

Hopefully he plays well so we get a decent fee for him
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Hatch007

I thought the club might just loan him with a view to returning to the squad for 2020/21 in the event we gain promotion this season but I guess they've made plain their feelings by incorporating an option to buy within the agreement.

Can't say I'll miss him. At times he showed flashes of why we paid the hefty fee we did but moving on in separate ways seems like the best course of action.

I believe there's better value for money out there in Seri's position.

Tabby

Galatasaray won't be paying that fee unless they win the CL, they have FFP troubles as it is. Hopefully he'll perform well so a club with money will cough up enough money though.

The Swan

Lets hope that he signs for them at the end of the season
The Swan

Milo

Such a disappointment. Even more so because I always felt it was a lack of commitment rather than ability.

And yet, I was one of the group who kept thinking he would prove us wrong some day. Sigh! They let you down, don't they..

Camel Club

Quote from: Milo on July 18, 2019, 08:25:41 PM
Such a disappointment. Even more so because I always felt it was a lack of commitment rather than ability.

And yet, I was one of the group who kept thinking he would prove us wrong some day. Sigh! They let you down, don't they..

Spot on Milo. Couldn't agree more.

gang

I note that normally the club thank any departing player for their service to the club, not in the Seri case though.
Good bye and close the door behind you Seri.

Syd Cupp

Interesting club to join.
The way that Galatasaray supporters can react I feel that he needs to up his game.
He was poor for us and the Ivory Coast Media were not too happy with his African Nations performances.
He obviously has talent as a lot of big clubs wanted him but will Galatas get to see that the jury is out.

Penfold

Shame it's not a permanent deal. Huge disappointment, his early promise disappeared after the stuff about the fee etc. I suppose at least his attitude was honest as in being totally motivated by money.

Milo

Could his performance have been impacted by his financial disputes with his old club?

Or am I even now still trying to justify his performances when I should be facing facts.

Twig

Seri was a disappointment from the off. He never showed what his specific contribution to our midfield would be; defensive cover? Creative leader? Box to box? .....none of those, just a sort of bits and pieces contribution. Lack of commitment may have been part of his problem but so was a failure to focus and insufficient ability to deliver.
As others have said Galatasaray are unlikely to be able to afford him unless we take a big hit so let's hope he puts in some really decent performances in the shop window. Unlikely I fear.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on July 19, 2019, 04:59:48 AM
Seri was a disappointment from the off. He never showed what his specific contribution to our midfield would be; defensive cover? Creative leader? Box to box? .....none of those, just a sort of bits and pieces contribution. Lack of commitment may have been part of his problem but so was a failure to focus and insufficient ability to deliver.
As others have said Galatasaray are unlikely to be able to afford him unless we take a big hit so let's hope he puts in some really decent performances in the shop window. Unlikely I fear.

If he proves to be a star, we will realise our problems were also in the dressing room and not just the recruitment office.

Classic94

Surely one of the biggest flops in Fulham, and potentially, PL history. We move on.

filham

Well that is Seri gone, who next Sess. or Anguissa. I am anxious to get this squad sorted without any further delay.

Does Seri leaving mean that Parker is free to bring in another loan player.

I Ronic

I wonder how much the accusation levelled at his former club under-selling him to us has affected his mind set towards Fulham. If they did sell him on does that suggest he might have been a problem.

Holders

Quote from: Milo on July 18, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

I thought that he was committed at the outset but possibly became disillusioned by early results and the frailties of the team around him. Not that that's any excuse, of course, in any professional.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

S.F.Sorrow

I think it was clear from the start that Seri was here for the money. In his first interview he didn't even bother with the usual 'happy to be here, great club' cliches. He more or less just said we offered the most money. At least that's how I interpreted that interview at the time.

Who will be our backup for Cairney now? O'Reilly? None of the others have excelled in that role and we all know Cairney won't be fit for 46 matches + cups.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 19, 2019, 05:04:18 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 19, 2019, 04:59:48 AM

If he proves to be a star, we will realise our problems were also in the dressing room and not just the recruitment office.

I would treat it as evidence that he isn't up to the standard or suited to the style of the PL

He's effectively just dropped down to League One