more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham stats and stuff 2019-20

Started by MJG, July 21, 2019, 01:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2019, 03:21:29 PM
Just keep winning the next game, as the next game is the most important, the rest will fall into place. We do really need to try and make Craven Cottage a fortress again. Having said that I do believe with the way we will set ourselves up, we will win our fair share of away matches, injuries permitting.

My mantra every season, one game at a time .
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2019, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 02:31:01 PM
Slight error in the set of minutes for DLT, its 125 in total and 31 average.

I was just about to pick you up on that, but you beat me to it.

always knew you where a stats man a heart

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nero on July 21, 2019, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2019, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 02:31:01 PM
Slight error in the set of minutes for DLT, its 125 in total and 31 average.

I was just about to pick you up on that, but you beat me to it.

always knew you where a stats man a heart

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Everything looking good for us at the moment, the preparation clearly better than last season.

Of course we really don't know how good we are until we get into the action, can't wait for the season to start.

The Rational Fan

It's ok if we don't improve dramatically, we just need to try and be a little bit better every season. Two more points than 17/18 would make me happy.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 04:26:56 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 04:07:28 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 03:52:12 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 03:49:15 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 03:40:14 PM
How many poiints needed at 10 & 15 games.

21 Points in First 10 Games
1. Barnsley (a) win 3
2. Blackburn (h) win 6
3. Milwall (h) win 9
4. Nottingham (h) win 12
5. Shef. Wed (a) win 15
6. Wigan (h) win 18
7. Reading (a) win 21
I'm not going to go that high, but would say 17 is the lowest I would want at 10 games.

I'd love to know how goal scored vs goal conceded afters league position. I expect promotion is more corelated with scoring goals.
I did some stats on that a couple of years ago, I'll try and dig it out.
Although 11 of last 30 teams In top six have scored less than 70 and 17 of last 30 have let 46 or less in. You draw your own conclusions, but for me it's about scoring the goals, especially trend wise.

It depends on a clubs situation, if a club has a lot of money for one (or two) seasons, it is very different from a club that has the same income for the next five seasons. Sheffield United got promoted with a good defense which is cheaper but takes longer to build, they had time a few years and not money to develop what they have now.

If I was "Reading" then the best strategy into premier league would have to be a five year plan. If i was them, I would upgrade the back with a lot of young defensive players with an objective first avoiding relegation and then improving to be the best defensive unit in the league.

Fulham have a defensive unit with some cohesion late in the season and although we can afford upgrade defenders the benefits will be reduced by the lack of cohesion, alternatively buying a good winger can be banging in goals from day one and four good wingers means each of them can charge at defenders for 45 minutes each. The other area money always helps is substitutes, as its easy to upgrade substitutes that haven't built much cohesion in the team.

Fulham should try to score more than Norwich's 93 goals as conceeding less than 57 goals shouldn't be too hard (same as Fulham 16/17 and the first half of 17/18). I wonder how many goals does a team have to score, before automatic promotion almost becomes a certainty with even an average defense.

MJG

Updated minutes in pre season table

Fabri hardly getting a look in so must be on his way.

Kmac, started every game, so either needs all this time to get match fit, or without Frank around he's the only player we have who can play that role.

Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

MJG

First 10 games for Fulham quite balanced when you look at where teams are in the betting.
Although noticeable we have 4 of the bottom 5 to play.

absenteeism

Quote from: MJG on July 28, 2019, 12:03:26 PM
First 10 games for Fulham quite balanced when you look at where teams are in the betting.

Fully expect us to have Hughton in by the end of those 10 games.

MJG

Without Ryan and even including a few who have not kicked a ball in pre season....your Fulham 1st Team squad to pick from....

MJG

Quote from: absenteeism on July 28, 2019, 12:12:23 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 28, 2019, 12:03:26 PM

Fully expect us to have Hughton in by the end of those 10 games.
There are number of fans who think as well.

spikey norman

A bit off topic MJG but where can I find the last updated version of the map of where all us FofF'ers are based around the world that you recently put together.
Thanks

MJG

Targeted wins....

Last 6 seasons you have required at least 26 wins to make the top 2.

Only one team has reached 26 wins and not made top 2.

Can we reach 26 wins?

MJG

Last 6 years 3rd place has won 25,25,26,24,25,25

Tabby

That is surprisingly consistent.

MJG

Quote from: Tabby on July 29, 2019, 03:24:10 PM
That is surprisingly consistent.
Points wise it was 83,88,85,89,86,85

MJG

This morning stats are based on teams relegated in last 19 seasons

57 Teams have gone from the Pl to the Championship and in the following season this happens.

10 teams make the top 2 and get promotion back in their 1st season (17.5%)
4 teams win the playoffs (7%)
Just under 25% of teams make it back at the first attempt.

In total 25 (44%) make it into the Top 6 the following season.

For teams that finished 18th they make the top 6 58% of the time

For teams that finished 19th they make the top 6 32% of the time

For teams that finished 20th they make the top 6 42% of the time

In the last 19 seasons only 2 teams that finished 18th in the PL finished in the bottom half of the Championship

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2019, 03:34:31 PM
How important is a good start seeing as you can't expect a 23 game run every season.

This one interests me the most, as it seems to not be the DoFO prerogative per Fulhamish pod, with him preferring negotiation/bargaining over team cohesion. In times of FFP it could be stomached, but not 12 months after we wasted so, so much on Seri, Anguissa, MLM, Schurrle wages etc. The losses we had were pretty much in line with the costs of these players too, so thankfully at least his Father is willing to write them off.

The opening fixtures offer us a good chance to get rolling, on paper at least. Hopefully we haven't hamstrung ourselves not making defensive signings earlier.

MJG

I ran some polls on twitter over last day and here are the results.