Main Menu

Woodrow discussion on the Barnsley Board

Started by terryr, July 24, 2019, 01:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

High praise indeed
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/woodrow.281401/
Funniest quote:
"I sometimes think about that finish against Southend when I'm having a fumble with ar lass and want to get things over and done with"

filham

I always liked Cauley and felt that given time he would be a good striker for us.

I now have a nasty feeling he could be the match winner in our opening game.

I Ronic

Quote from: filham on July 24, 2019, 01:56:19 PM
I always liked Cauley and felt that given time he would be a good striker for us.

I now have a nasty feeling he could be the match winner in our opening game.

If he scores an own goal so be it. They all count.

Fulham 442

"I sometimes think about that finish against Southend when I'm having a fumble with ar lass and want to get things over and done with"

And they say romance is dead 😂

Nero

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 24, 2019, 02:12:50 PM

And they say romance is dead 😂

Well Georgi Hristov would agree you have to think about something else with a Barnsley lass

General

I want Woodrow to find his feet/do well and prove doubters on here wrong. I've always thought he's a useful player to have and has a much more complete game than people gave him credit for. It'll be good to see how/if he's developed and grown as a professional when we play them.

Have nothing but good things to say about the man as an individual and wish him all he best.

Sting of the North

Quote from: General on July 24, 2019, 05:29:30 PM
I want Woodrow to find his feet/do well and prove doubters on here wrong. I've always thought he's a useful player to have and has a much more complete game than people gave him credit for. It'll be good to see how/if he's developed and grown as a professional when we play them.

Have nothing but good things to say about the man as an individual and wish him all he best.

:plus one:

Although happy for him to have a really bad game against us.

Nero

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 24, 2019, 06:09:39 PM

Indeed he seemed to score a few in the run of games before Slav joined, or is that my mind playing tricks on me

Twig

Agree

ALG01

Quote from: Nero on July 24, 2019, 06:53:51 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 24, 2019, 06:09:39 PM

Indeed he seemed to score a few in the run of games before Slav joined, or is that my mind playing tricks on me

His goals per minutes on the pitch ratio was the best of any of our team. He was MoM v derby when they were flying and v rotherham but was immediately dropped for a third rater who the manager said was very keen in training. That is how to destroy squad moral by dropping players after doing really well, poch made the same error in the final and look what happened there.

Cauley was a top talent and not given a proper chance, his strike rate was and remains brilliant and the people that talked him down should have gone to spec savers.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I like Woodrow, I always believed that if a good coach got hold of him and taught him to
a/. Be a bit calmer in scoring positions
b//. Keep his head down when shooting, he wouldn't have blazed so many over the bar.

Other than that, load of potentials which he seems to be showing now.
I expect our fans at the game will give him a great cheer.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES