Main Menu

We don’t have enough players

Started by Baszab, July 27, 2019, 09:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2019, 02:52:38 PM
Quote from: Gezza on July 27, 2019, 02:30:01 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 09:14:55 AM
Strange, isn't it. Ironically we had almost a complete team two months ago, IMO needing only two new players. Clearly TK wanted more, presumably to justify his role and get more attention. So he's created a large gap in the team that he can fill with some dramatic, last-minute signings of French/Belgian/Spanish players we've never heard of.

Oh let's have another cheap shot at Tony Khan ! Pathetic

Oh, let's have another cheap shot at Statto for making a relevant post about the inefficiencies of TK. Easy game this. Either refute his point with fact based argument, or scroll on by with this sort of tripe.
Relevant point ? Do you  mean the " TK created a gap in the squad so he can get more attention  " Seriously ? Seri and Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship. So what's the option? Keep them in the reserves and continue to pay their exorbitant wages or ship them out and free up some cash.  What would you do ?

deadcowboys

Strange, isn't it. Ironically we had almost a complete team two months ago, IMO needing only two new players. Clearly TK wanted more, presumably to justify his role and get more attention. So he's created a large gap in the team that he can fill with some dramatic, last-minute signings of French/Belgian/Spanish players we've never heard of.

Oh, let's have another cheap shot at Statto for making a relevant post about the inefficiencies of TK. Easy game this. Either refute his point with fact based argument, or scroll on by with this sort of tripe.

Think the idea that many or for that matter any posts on here contain facts is somewhat laughable.

AnOldBrownie

Ok... People are going a bit over board with the critiques of TK. Myself included. Hes signed two good players and held on to Mitro and Cairney tbis transfer window...maybe even Sess.

Im going to assume 2 defenders are coming in this week and Ream and Odoi will be the starters for the firsr game. No rime for me to overreact.

Imagine if Mawson had gone down outside the transfer window.  At least now there is time to fix it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

JoelH5

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 27, 2019, 06:13:02 PM
Ok... People are going a bit over board with the critiques of TK. Myself included. Hes signed two good players and held on to Mitro and Cairney tbis transfer window...maybe even Sess.

Im going to assume 2 defenders are coming in this week and Ream and Odoi will be the starters for the firsr game. No rime for me to overreact.

Imagine if Mawson had gone down outside the transfer window.  At least now there is time to fix it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

That was my thinking. He was obviously bound to go. He's not even played many games since returning. What has he lasted, 6 games? It's very lucky it was now and not the week after the window closed.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: Gezza on July 27, 2019, 05:07:32 PM

Relevant point ? Do you  mean the " TK created a gap in the squad so he can get more attention  " Seriously ? Seri and Anguissa didn't want to play in the Championship. So what's the option? Keep them in the reserves and continue to pay their exorbitant wages or ship them out and free up some cash.  What would you do ?

I suspect and would hope he was referring to either/both of the observations that
(1) "we had almost a complete team two months ago, IMO needing only two new players" and/or
(2) TK typically, and now looks set to again, make an unusually high number of "last-minute signings of French/Belgian/Spanish players we've never heard of" (and which have an extremely low success rate).

Funny how you managed to miss them in a post that only contained four sentences.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 07:06:17 PM
Quote from: Gezza on July 27, 2019, 05:07:32 PM

I suspect and would hope he was referring to either/both of the observations that
(1) "we had almost a complete team two months ago, IMO needing only two new players" and/or
(2) TK typically, and now looks set to again, make an unusually high number of "last-minute signings of French/Belgian/Spanish players we've never heard of" (and which have an extremely low success rate).

Funny how you managed to miss them in a post that only contained four sentences.

I'm starting to think people just see you as the poster and assume you're talking nonsense than actually reading them sometimes....

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Baszab on July 27, 2019, 09:06:28 AM
To sustain  46 match season and challenge for promotion - despite having a great core squad

How can the D of F allow this situation to occur AGAIN ?

We have to replace Seri Anguissa and Chambers

SP must be fed up..... as were the last 3 managers

He and his team have  identified plenty of players to purchase

Shambles on squad planning

We don't have enough players for the season, but we do have enough for the first six games which is progress from previous years. I hope deadline day signings can fill the gaps as injuries occurr.

Woolly Mammoth

Not if they are the wrong deadline day signings, we have signed so much deadwood since Khan junior was handed the job in his lap by his father, it's been a circus and a pantomime. This next 11 days will define our season, and Scott Parker is going to need all the support and help he can get, but it has to be the right support and help.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Baszab on July 27, 2019, 09:25:06 AM
28 players is definitely enough to complete ALL the fixtures so that's good news

How many of the 28 players have started greater than twenty times in the championship (half season) or top tier league. My count is we twenty experienced players as we have three goalkeepers, six defenders, four central midfielders and seven attackers plus Sess. We need RCB, FB, CM and AM bench players if we can afford them.

Woolly Mammoth

In the absence of a RCB, DM, AM and a RB, we can forget about top 6, let alone automatic promotion, it's a long season with midweek matches to deal with which will be a challenge to a lightweight squad, no easy games, and plenty of banana skins in the way, SP will need all the luck he can get, and we could do with youngsters like Matt Oleary and Jayden Harris coming through and securing a place.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 28, 2019, 04:35:51 AM
In the absence of a RCB, DM, AM and a RB, we can forget about top 6, let alone automatic promotion, it's a long season with midweek matches to deal with which will be a challenge to a lightweight squad, no easy games, and plenty of banana skins in the way, SP will need all the luck he can get, and we could do with youngsters like Matt Oleary and Jayden Harris coming through and securing a place.

i hate to say that we are not ready for the marathon season required for automatic promotion. I still rate us if it comes down to playoffs and we are injury free.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 28, 2019, 06:16:30 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 28, 2019, 04:35:51 AM

i hate to say that we are not ready for the marathon season required for automatic promotion. I still rate us if it comes down to playoffs and we are injury free.

I wish I could share your optimism and I hope you are right. But the only light I see at the end of the tunnel at the moment is the owners son, holding a candle in one hand and holding a copy of that best seller " 100 Biggest  Blunders and Errors of Judgement in the History of Association Football" in the other hand.

Never forget your Roots.

Mullers OG

The squad does look a little thin bit I would rather see quality over quantity.  After last year it is also important to have players who genuinely want to play for Fulham.  Those who want out are better shipped out for as much as the club can get.

The (to me, at least) obvious weak areas are at CB, RB and CF.  Personally I have no problem with Odoi at CB.  I think he is much maligned by many on this board.  There are many worse CB than him.  However a really solid CB who is dominant in the air is what the club has been missing ever since Hangeland.

Christie is a hard working professional.  Whether he is good enough to play regularly is to my mind doubtful.  Somebody on this board compared him recently to Volz. There is in my opinion no sensible comparison to MV who was a proper premier FB and a Fulham star.

At CF we need a back up for Mitro.  In the event he gets injured or suspended we don't at the moment have proper cover unless one of the youngsters steps up.  I have never been enamoured of Kamara but now he is back he deserves a second chance.  He is probably better wide rather than through the middle as a CF.

I can't understand the knocking of Betts.  If Southgate thinks he's good enough to get into the England squad that's good enough for me.  I trust his judgement on this and he, no doubt, has access to top class goalkeeping advice.