Doing a Fulham ....

Started by MikeW, August 01, 2019, 07:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

Why are you all so bothered ???  :doh: :doh: :doh:

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: KJS on August 02, 2019, 10:58:20 AM
Why are you all so bothered ???  :doh: :doh: :doh:

Because the person most directly responsible for wasting those 100m will never be held responsible. Any normal DoF would have been sacked long ago. We are stuck with an unsackable and (as far as I can tell) completely unqualified DoF. Which means we will probably be "doing a Fulham" again and again until daddy gives his son a new toy.

KJS

Oh you mean the same person that helped us get promoted in the first place you need to get a life saddo🙄

David I

Quote from: KJS on August 02, 2019, 11:50:34 AM
Oh you mean the same person that helped us get promoted in the first place you need to get a life saddo🙄
relegated first, Slav got us promoted, TK sacked Slav and gave us 2 relegation's and 6 managers!!

aaronmcguigan

Going by official statements, TK doesn't hire and fire managers so that seems a bit skewed.

Also, the 100m we and villa have spent is just us catching up on our squad value, or average spending over the past 4/5 years. Brighton spent 40million and 50 million in 2 years and they can because they're in the premier league. We spend that amount in 1 season to catch up and we're expected to be well above them?
We should have bought better and more intelligently, earlier even, but to blanket us and Villa for spending 100m in one window hides the fact that we're operating with Championship budgets for years while the rest spend 50million but go unnoticed. Anyone who underspends in that bottom half usually get caught out like Stoke and West Brom unless you have a Rafa Benitez it would seem

toshes mate

Quote from: KJS on August 02, 2019, 10:58:20 AM
Why are you all so bothered ??? 
In your flippancy you ask a very pertinent question which, of course, cannot be answered with evidence unless, as you do in a later comment, cherry pick.

That gives any and all of us the license to dive into the unknown and infinity. 

One aspect of 'Doing a Fulham ...' may be the inherent drag on effect of having a DoF with a reputation for making mistakes across the board, of not advertising FFC in its best light. The discovery of the impact of such labels may only to be truthfully found where they are not recorded as in a player having certain facts about a certain person revealed to them in intimate conversations with those ITK, well away from the inquiring eyes and minds of social media and the public domain generally.  They are the hidden problems that plague easy transitions from approach, to discussion, agreements and signatures.   We will never know the extent to which that plague has stopped us from doing better in TK's time and it is that alone that condemns the whole subject to the realms of cultural beliefs, entrenched faith, and misbegotten understandings and outcomes.  Anyone the Club has alienated during the Khan era has a story to be told.  But good professionals never reveal their tales where they can be attributed.

Some people seem to have a better understanding of those deeper eddies and currents than others.

Riversider

The worrying aspect for me is this, let's fast forward to the end of May 2020, and Fulham have just beaten Brentford 4-1 At Wembley to gain promotion back to The Premier League,
Then what ?
By my reckoning we would need a keeper, 4 defenders and 3 midfielders, plus some cover for those positions,
I have no confidence in our ability whatsoever to get it right next time, we are painfully slow in our dealings which in turn leads to panic and money wasted,
If we go up via the play offs it's going to be ground hog day all over again.

Statto

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 02, 2019, 12:21:53 PM
Going by official statements, TK doesn't hire and fire managers so that seems a bit skewed.

In case this was a reference to my post above, I'll edit it for you. Not sure it makes any difference to the point being made.

TK and his dad wasere SJ's bosses and could have fined, sacked or publicly admonished him at any time.

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 02, 2019, 12:21:53 PM
Also, the 100m we and villa have spent is just us catching up on our squad value, or average spending over the past 4/5 years. Brighton spent 40million and 50 million in 2 years and they can because they're in the premier league. We spend that amount in 1 season to catch up and we're expected to be well above them?
We should have bought better and more intelligently, earlier even, but to blanket us and Villa for spending 100m in one window hides the fact that we're operating with Championship budgets for years while the rest spend 50million but go unnoticed. Anyone who underspends in that bottom half usually get caught out like Stoke and West Brom unless you have a Rafa Benitez it would seem

filham

Too early to use the expression to describe Villa's action. It will only apply when as well as spending a £100m they concede over 80 goals and are relegated. I bet that will not happen to them.

Twig

Quote from: KJS on August 02, 2019, 11:50:34 AM

Hi saddo, appeaser. We got relegated twice, promoted once and, in case you hadn't noticed have ended up one division lower. I guess that's what many supporters care about. Perhaps you couldn't give a crap?