more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 29/07/19...

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2019, 08:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tottenham's Onomah Spotted At Craven Cottage Amid Transfer Link With Fulham

Nigeria-eligible midfielder Joshua Onomah was spotted at Craven Cottage on Saturday amid speculation linking him with a summer transfer to Championship club Fulham.

The Tottenham Hotspur starlet watched from the stands as the Cottagers were beaten 1-0 by West Ham in a pre-season friendly.

According to the Telegraph UK, Tottenham are closing in on a deal to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham following a breakthrough in talks between the two clubs.

And to reduce the cost of signing Sessegnon, it has been mooted that Onomah could be used as a makeweight in the deal taking the winger to the North London club.

The England U20 World Cup-winning midfielder has been declared surplus to requirements by manager Mauricio Pochettino and has to look for a new employer before the transfer window closes.

Onomah has played 32 matches for Tottenham's first team, scoring one goal.

Igho Kingsley

Photo Credit : Twitter @Lilywhite_Rose

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33083

WhiteJC

Wafer Thin Fulham?

At the start of last week I was feeling cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. Tony Kahn and co seemed to have done excellent business in the transfer market without spending a penny and we were safe in the knowledge that two of our key men in Aleksander Mitrovic and Tom Cairney had committed their futures to the club. The additions of Antony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro have transformed our attack from worrisome to devastating for Championship defences. The season just couldn't start quickly enough.

Fast forward one week and we find that the bubble of optimism is threatening to burst. I, like many Fulham fans, have been crying out for the addition of at least one defensive player. Our defence last season was diabolical and we now look to be entering another season with the same faces. Alfie Mawson should have been our knight in shining armour defensively speaking, but it seems that the mans knees are actually made of popcorn. Not ideal. While Bryan should be one of the best left backs in the Championship, I worry about the lack of cover there and Cyrus Christie, while he has his moments, is a bit of a liability. Odoi and Ream helped to get us promoted, but I fear that another season on while have impacted Ream's legs. Let's not forget that he has been on International duty for most of the summer.

Our midfield is also very light now that Seri and Anguissa have gone. Yes, we never for a second thought that Seri would be in a Fulham shirt this year, but I had hoped that Anguissa would stay and fight for the cause. I honestly believe that he could have been incredible in the Championship, but I guess if he didn't want to stay then our hands were tied. So we are left with Cairney, Johansen and McDonald. The three men who so brilliantly helped us on our promotion run 2 seasons ago. It's important that they remain as part of the soul of the squad, but I never anticipated us not bringing in some cover for them, or players to challenge. Let's not forget how crucial Norwood was that season. I worry about the fitness of all three senior midfielders going forward. We have a number of youth players who are talented enough to hold court when needed, but I'm still not happy that we haven't brought in another experienced head there. The Championship is a long and gruelling season with a lot of midweek fixtures. Rotation is key for this, so to be looking pretty thin defensively and in midfield, has made me nervous.

Let me make something clear, I still believe that there is a lot of talent in this squad, and am fully expecting us to get off to a strong start next week, but without players to rotate, we could find ourselves in some bother. The Leeds of last year are a prime example of this. Bielsa's high intensity game plan may be suffocating for other teams to try and play against, but there is only so long a group of payers can keep it up for if the team isn't being rotated. I'd have hoped that we'd have brought in a few more numbers to help with this.

There is still time left so no one should be anywhere near full scale panic mode yet, but hopefully the powers that be have identified targets and are in a position to bring them to Motspur Park soon.

Just six days to go!

COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/wafer-thin-fulham/

WhiteJC

Elliott joins Liverpool

Fulham winger Harvey Elliott has completed his expected move to Liverpool, the Champions' League winners confirmed this morning.

The 16 year-old was widely expected to leave Craven Cottage after turning down Fulham's offer of a scholarship following their relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season. Elliott, who made his senior debut for the Whites under Slavisa Jokanovic when he came on as a late substitute at Millwall in the League Cup, went on to become the Premier League's youngest-ever player when he came off the bench against Wolves in May, aged just 16 years and 30 days.

Elliott, who was also handed another substitute appearance in the final game of the season against Newcastle, had attracted interest from across Europe, with scouts from Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Arsenal and Manchester City all tracking his progress. The details of the fee agreed between Fulham and Liverpool have not been released.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/elliott-joins-liverpool/

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: whitejc on July 29, 2019, 08:16:50 AM
As a foot note, the recently opened Taco Bell Mexican take away just of the Fulham Road is inundated on match days when Chelsea play, and to a lesser extent when Fulham play. The staff who work there told us "The Chelsea fans are like animals, they throw their rubbish on the floor and don't give a damn, the Fulham fans are more considerate, but the best fans they have had there were West Ham fans, apparently Hammers fans were the only ones who asked where the bins were to put their rubbish in! - Ed

http://westhamfans.org/content/pr-disaster-fulham-great-win-hammers

Sounds to me that the Fulham fans are simply intelligent enough to know where the bins are without having to first ask.

OldBrownShoe

we need more wide players? Oh they will cover for our central defenders.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

fulhamfever

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 29, 2019, 09:39:36 AM
As a foot note, the recently opened Taco Bell Mexican take away just of the Fulham Road is inundated on match days when Chelsea play, and to a lesser extent when Fulham play. The staff who work there told us "The Chelsea fans are like animals, they throw their rubbish on the floor and don't give a damn, the Fulham fans are more considerate, but the best fans they have had there were West Ham fans, apparently Hammers fans were the only ones who asked where the bins were to put their rubbish in! - Ed

Sounds to me that the Fulham fans are simply intelligent enough to know where the bins are without having to first ask.

Just for the record Taco Bell is not a 'Mexican' take away. American yes never Mexican.

YankeeJim

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 29, 2019, 01:14:42 PM

Just for the record Taco Bell is not a 'Mexican' take away. American yes never Mexican.

If it uses tortillas, its Mexican; or so some would say. Here in SoCal, which is 50% Latin, there are innumerable restaurants that claim to be Mexican. The same can be said for Texas. Truth is, as you insinuated, most are Americanized to the point that you seldom hear many customers speaking Spanish. I also doubt that the smorgasbords are very Swedish. Come to think of it, I'd likely find any London BBQ or hamburger joints lacking.
All this is coming from a fellow that rolls bologna, cheese, mayo and mustard in a flower tortilla for a quick lunch.
Just remember, if it doesn't have grilled jalapenos on the table and a huge vat of  avocado juiced swirling on the counter, its not Mexican.
Besides, margaritas were invented in San Diego, California.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamfever

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 29, 2019, 07:13:20 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on July 29, 2019, 01:14:42 PM

If it uses tortillas, its Mexican; or so some would say. Here in SoCal, which is 50% Latin, there are innumerable restaurants that claim to be Mexican. The same can be said for Texas. Truth is, as you insinuated, most are Americanized to the point that you seldom hear many customers speaking Spanish. I also doubt that the smorgasbords are very Swedish. Come to think of it, I'd likely find any London BBQ or hamburger joints lacking.
All this is coming from a fellow that rolls bologna, cheese, mayo and mustard in a flower tortilla for a quick lunch.
Just remember, if it doesn't have grilled jalapenos on the table and a huge vat of  avocado juiced swirling on the counter, its not Mexican.
Besides, margaritas were invented in San Diego, California.

Crunchy Tacos is not Mexican. :-)