News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Clean Sheets in 6 PreSeason Games. Concerns? Back 4 Upgrades?

Started by WindyCity, July 27, 2019, 03:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on July 28, 2019, 10:13:38 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2019, 05:02:16 PM
We have learned nothing new. We have all said we need a better defence for three years. All we did was bring in an injured player last season. Same concerns as there have been for years. We got promoted with a bad defence but I am not sure we can expect to come close again with the defence.
[/quote
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2019, 05:02:16 PM
We have learned nothing new. We have all said we need a better defence for three years. All we did was bring in an injured player last season. Same concerns as there have been for years. We got promoted with a bad defence but I am not sure we can expect to come close again with the defence.
Last summer we brought in Bryan, Chambers, Le Marchand and Mawson , all sounded pretty good at the time but for some reason didn't work out for us, Don't see why Tony Khan is taking the flack about our defensive failures.

Actually after a 0-1 defeat at the Cottage I am more worried about our star studded attack as I always expect to see a couple of goals from us at home. No use having a watertight defence if we are going to fail to score.

I agree about the flack TK is getting. It is not as if every signing works for every club. But I do question the centre half problem. Chambers was terrible at central defence. Le Marchand consistently makes mistakes. Mawson is prone to injury problems. I am not blaming TK but we have needed a commanding central defender or two for some time. The players we have brought in are not that type of defender. Bryan was replacing a position we had covered by a loan player in our promotion year.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Carborundum

Like singing Auld Lang Syne or  flipping a pancake, just once every year  I get to use the following phrase: "notoriously unreliable guide".  Doesn't matter how pre-season has gone, it sounds equally knowing and wise.  This thread seems the right place for my annual dictum.