more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 03/08/19...

Started by WhiteJC, August 03, 2019, 08:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur's reported Ryan Sessegnon plan is flawed

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham in the summer transfer window.

According to The Express, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham in a £25 million deal in the summer transfer window, but the North London outfit would prefer to sell Danny Rose first.

Spurs are reportedly open to selling England international left-back Rose, but the 29-year-old former Leeds United prospect may not leave if the deal is not right for him.

With just days left in the summer transfer window, Spurs are running out of time to sign Sessegnon, and the North London outfit simply cannot afford to wait any longer.

True, in the end, Spurs may not be able to offload Rose this summer, but signing Sessegnon will make them a much better team.

The 19-year-old, who can operate as a left-back or as a left-winger, is one for the future, and the England Under-21 international can only get better in the coming years.

If Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has decided that Rose is not in his plan, then there is no point in the club waiting for the left-back to leave before making a move for a player they really want.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/02/tottenham-hotspurs-reported-ryan-sessegnon-plan-is-flawed/

WhiteJC

Bettinelli looking to bounce back

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli is looking forward to the new campaign – and wants to put a year of heartache behind him.

A season that started so promisingly, with an England call-up, ended with him being dropped, having knee surgery and suffering relegation. The Fulham academy graduate wants to put all these problems behind him and help the Whites back to the top flight.

Football can be a cruel game. I do not think anyone enjoyed last season and it is sad, really, because we came into the league with a lot of hope and momentum. I never want to experience that again.

It was obviously tough to take when the club signed two goalkeepers last summer. It was hard because I feel like I had done enough to keep my spot and I am sure there were a lot of lads who felt the same as I did after doing well in the Championship.

I got into the team and when I look back now would I have done anything differently? Probably not. I do not feel like I deserved to get pulled out of the team. I got some criticism for the amount of goals we conceded but as the season went on it was plain and clear that you could have had David De Gea and Manuel Neuer, or both of them at the same time, and we still would have conceded goals.

I went and saw Slav. He was a good person. He said he did not think I had been playing that badly but he wanted to try and get a reaction from the team after three or four defeats. Did I feel it was unfair at the time? Yeah, of course I did. Did I feel it was unfair I did not get a chance under Claudio Ranieri? Yeah, of course I did.

But everything happens for a reason and it is in the past now. I am just looking forward to this season and trying to get back to the Premier League where we should be.

Bettinelli has been reinstated as the club's number one by Scott Parker, whom he played with at Craven Cottage, and he is positively buoyant about being given the new manager's backing.

I have been crying out for a season like this since 2014-15. This will be the first time I have ever started the first game of the season. It is nice to know Scotty believes in me. As soon as Scotty took over last season you could feel a change at the club. There is a different feeling of pride now and wanting to win games like the year we went up. For a long time this club has had this sloppy mentality and last season it all kind of fell apart. It is a different feeling and a different mentality in the dressing room now.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/bettinelli-looking-to-bounce-back/

WhiteJC

'Barnsley could shock a few' – Fulham prepare for their Oakwell task: Six Pointer

The Championship's opening day fixtures sees a clash between two newcomers as Barnsley host Fulham, although both clubs have spent just a year away.

It promises to be an interesting spectacle, and it is exciting to see what Fulham have to offer as many, including FLW, have predicted them to finish as champions.

Barnsley meanwhile could be in for a long season. It is fair to say they have been somewhat of a yo-yo club this season and have lost key players in Ethan Pinnock, Liam Lindsay and Adam Davies this season, with Kieffer Moore also on his way out of the exit door.

Here, we take a look at the Oakwell clash in our FLW Six Pointer..

Firstly, what should we expect from Barnsley?

"The Tykes were an incredible side last year because they were terrific going forward but conceded just 36 league goals, and that was definitely their platform for promotion.

"They have lost key members of that defence, but have made promising additions with the likes of Mallik Wilks and Luke Thomas so they should excite this season, starting on Saturday.

"Fulham struggled defensively last season and it could still be an area of weakness given their lack of signings in that area, so Barnsley should look to go at them, and if they do that they could produce a shock result."

Is there already a lot of pressure on Scott Parker despite it being the first match of the season?

"The board, the fans and the players will all be aiming for promotion this season and that is a big ask of Parker who is taking on his first full season in management.

"It is important to get off to a good start and this is a very winnable match on paper when you compare the two squads so many will be expecting Fulham to show their dominance.

"It will be interesting to see how Parker reacts if his side goes a goal behind. It is a long season but he will be hoping for the right reaction from his players straight away, and will be looking for strong performances from his new signings."

Who are the players to watch out for?

"Fulham have notable exciting talents, but the return of Anthony Knockaert to the Championship is brilliant for neutrals, and he is sure to dazzle us in one way or another.

"For Barnsley, many of their players are untested but Wilks really showed what he is about in League One last season, so if he can continue that form this season, and on Saturday, then we're in for a treat.

"Another man who needs no introduction is Aleksandar Mitrovic. We don't even need to look out for him because he is sure to make his mark on the game. He is a brilliant option to have and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him finish as the division's top scorer."

Will it be an exciting match?

"Barnsley scored 80 goals last season, whilst Fulham conceded 81, so that alone is a recipe for goals, and given the quality in Fulham's squad they should be able to get a few on the scoresheet.

"Moore's impending departure is a shame for Barnsley, but they will hope that Cauley Woodrow can step up against his old team and supply his side with goals, as he did last season.

"Both teams look to play football in the right way too so there should be several chances and passing moves that are easy on the eye."

What bearing will this match have on the rest of the season?

"Ordinarily opening day fixtures don't have too much long-term impact but if Barnsley can win here it will be a big boost for them.

"Beating Fulham would be huge for confidence and morale and give the whole squad, and manager, a belief that they're able to compete with the best and finish above the relegation zone.

"Comparatively, Fulham need a good start. A setback here followed by one or two more disappointing results could allow doubt to creep in. We saw that with another relegated side last year in Stoke, and they never recovered."

What is your prediction?

"Despite all the quality in Fulham's team I think Barnsley could shock a few and sneak a win.

"They have a winning mentality and are on the ascendency after a brilliant season last year, whilst Fulham are the exact opposite after relegation.

"I also think there will be goals aplenty for both sides, Barnsley should have a lot of success down the flanks and if they stick to their game-plan and play with confidence then they are capable of a win, but it will be a close game – 3-2 to The Tykes."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/barnsley-could-shock-a-few-fulham-prepare-for-their-oakwell-task-six-pointer/

WhiteJC

U23s Report: Fulham 1-5 QPR

Fulham Under-23s fell to a heavy defeat at the hands of a QPR side which featured numerous first team players at Motspur Park on Friday night.

QPR fielded a strong looking side that instantly capitalised on a defensive error. Trialist A's pass was intercepted allowing the visitors to rush through and beat Toni Stahl off his near post.

Our local neighbours threatened again after winning the ball high, but the forward could only drag his effort wide of Stahl's far post.

The woodwork was QPR's friend for a second time as the run of play continued to go against the Young Whites. A low strike off the other post this time provided them with a second goal.

Jayden Harris picked up the ball between the lines for his side's first meaningful attempt which dribbled into the gloves of the visitors' 'keeper.

QPR added a third to put them in cruise control after some slack marking in the area allowed a glancing header from a corner to nestle in the corner.

Fulham responded to a lax first half with Harris breaking through down the left. His strike was smothered by the feat of the imposing goalkeeper. The powerful midfielder looked the best outlet for a breakthrough as he forced another smart stop at the near post.

The vastly experienced QPR team added a fourth via an emphatic curling effort that arrowed into the top corner.

The fourth became five after Stahl was forced into a smart save low down. However, the rebound was sharply put into the back of the net. Timmy Abraham then responded well shortly after by smashing a strike into the roof of the net to give consolation to the score line.

The Under-23s now prepare to face West Ham in their opening PL2 game of the season next Friday.

Fulham: Stahl, Drameh, Trialist A (Tricker 67'), Ream (De Havilland 68'), Trialist C (Asare 46'); De Havilland (Davis 46'), Francois (Thompson 67'), Trialist B (Hilton 77'), Hilton (Santos-Clase 62'), Harris; Thompson (Abraham 55').

Subs: Abraham, Asare, Tricker, Davis, Opoku, Santos-Clase. (The game featured rolling substitutions)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/02/u23s-fulham-vs-qpr

WhiteJC

The Championship preview

On the eve of Fulham's Championship opening fixture, the HammyEnd team preview the next nine months – looking at who's going up, who'll make the play-offs, who could go down and who will star for Fulham

Who's going up?

Dan Crawford: I would hope that Fulham would be in the picture, but predicting automatic promotion is still a leap of faith without further defensive reinforcements. The Championship has a number of dangerous sides, but you have to look at the likes of Leeds, under the management of Marcelo Bielsa, and West Brom as having the quality to maintain a promotion push over the course of a long season. Neil Warnock's Cardiff won't be far away either.

Frankie Taylor: Even if the Fulham back line is porous, you've got to think that in Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Aleksandar Mitrovic, we've got enough fire power to outscore most teams. One thing being seldom said is Fulham should return to a state where they dominate possession thus giving opposition attacks fewer opportunities to score through starvation of the ball alone. Leeds will be up there but Bielsa's sides tend to run out of gas come the end of the season, are they deep enough? I'm not sure. I think Cardiff are better now than two seasons ago, they'll be one to worry about whether the football is pretty or not and would be my tip to come back up. Middlesbrough have enough in both boxes but I wonder about their creativity on a consistent enough basis and they may be forced to settle for a playoff spot. Huddersfield still retain a few good players and could be an outside bet for promotion.

Max Cohen: Along with Fulham, I think Leeds United and Bristol City will join us in the Premier League in 2020/21. Leeds will benefit massively from keeping Bielsa, and Bristol City being led by Lee Johnson could be a decent shout to sneak up via the play-offs.

Alan Drewett: As always, the Championship is going to be very competitive and there will be a lot of clubs who consider themselves serious prospects for automatic promotion. I do think Leeds will recover from the disappointment of last season and earn promotion, but I'd back West Brom to win the league. I think the appointment of Slaven Bilic could really make the difference between promotion and more heartbreak for the Baggies.

Who's going down?

Dan Crawford: I think it might be tricky for Charlton to survive, with the turbulence of a toxic boardroom situation, loss of key players and a lack of additions threatening to undermine an excellent young manager in Lee Bowyer. You'd worry about whether Luton have the quality to survive at a higher level, too, whilst the likes of Birmingham and Reading might be worried as well.

Frankie Taylor: I have Charlton-supporting relatives and I live down the road from the training ground so I keep an eye on their goings on. Most hoped promotion would mean the club would finally change hands but, alas, Roland Duchatelet not only remains owner but continues to cut finances with Charlton losing out on players to League One sides. They have a lot of fight and they will work, but they will not have the ability. Luton are much the same, will be an awkward game and a real battle, but do they have the quality over 46 games?  I do think there'll be a 'shock.' Birmingham and Reading could both be looking over their shoulder with Wigan potentially due a return to League One.

Max Cohen: I think Barnsley, Reading, and Blackburn could all be in a massive struggle against relegation and could be going down. Reading's signing of Charlie Adam just about sealed it for me!

Alan Drewett: There are many teams who could struggle this season but I am going for Reading, Birmingham and Millwall. The loss of Che Adams and Gary Monk would have hurt Birmingham as both were pivotal in the Blues' relative success last season. I think it is just a matter of time before Reading go down to League One, to be honest. They have not been the same team since they lost to Huddersfield in the play-off final three years ago.

Who do you fancy for the play-offs?

Dan Crawford: Bristol City have been bubbling around the play-off spots for the last couple of years. They have a progressive manager in Lee Johnson, play some excellent football and have made some solid additions over the summer, including acquiring the former Fulham defender Tomas Kalas. They have a method of developing excellent young talent too – and should certainly be in the shout come the end of the season.

Frankie Taylor: Some good clubs are going to miss out, I do think Fulham and Cardiff return to the Premier League through the automatic and if that's correct, you've got four spots between the likes of Derby, Middlesbrough, Leeds, West Bromwich Albion, Huddersfield and Stoke. Brentford are could perhaps be deemed as outsiders with the current retaining of Neal Maupay (and more shockingly Said Benrahma) plus adding Christian Norgaard and Pontus Jansson gives them serious strength allover the pitch strength.

Max Cohen: I reckon Derby, Middlesbrough, Bristol City, and West Brom will battle it out in the play-offs, with the Robins emerging victorious at Wembley.

Alan Drewett: I'll go for Cardiff, Derby, Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough. I'd pick Cardiff to win promotion. They have kept largely the same squad, with a couple of additions, and love him or loathe him, Neil Warnock has an astonishing promotion record.

Where will Fulham finish?

Dan Crawford: I'll go for the top six. There are still concerns about our defence, especially as no new arrivals have come in over the season, and there's a nagging doubt about whether Scott Parker has the tactical acumen to prosper in the Championship. But holding on to Tom Cairney and Aleksandar Mitrovic is huge and adding Knockaert and Cavaleiro makes the Fulham front three look a mouthwatering prospect. We do appear in danger of becoming a bit of Keegan side, which will be entertaining at the very least.

Frankie Taylor: I do think the title is there to be won. Ultimately, I'll accept second or a playoff promotion but I'm not sure I can see beyond the spine of Alfie Mawson, Tom Cairney and Aleksandar Mitrovic with a sprinkling of Joe Bryan, Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro and think that Scott Parker has to push for the title.

Max Cohen: Fulham will finish second and enjoy the sweet salvation of automatic promotion, luckily avoiding the play-off nerves of years past. For me, the strikeforce of Mitro, Cavaleiro, and Knockaert is miles above Championship quality and will be our biggest asset. Defence is shaky by Premier League standards but should do a job in the second tier, but holding midfield is a big area of concern we need to address if we do want to storm the league and finish top two.

Alan Drewett: I'm predicting a 12th placed finish. The last twelve months have been bitterly disappointing with errors made from top to bottom. I don't think we have done enough in the transfer window as of yet and I worry about our defence. It's the same defence that was on the end of a heavy defeat most weeks last season. I would have also liked to have seen additions made to the centre of the midfield, which looks a bit threadbare if we lose one of our three key performers.

Who will be our player of the season?

Dan Crawford: Mitrovic was simply unplayable during his last spell in the Championship and was arguably the difference between promotion and missing out. No Championship defender will relish the contest against such a physical and imposing number nine and Mitrovic should be a potent goal threat. I'll also be hoping that Cairney can recover the sort of form that fired Fulham's promotion push.

Frankie Taylor: Tom Cairney will undoubtedly be the heartbeat of our possession play and has shown himself to be one of the best playmakers to play in the division. Knockaert has already been a Championship Player of the Year but, Aleksandar Mitrovic is 41 games and 27 goals away from hitting playing 100 games and scoring 50 goals for Fulham, if he does that, Fulham will be promotion. Of course predicting the club Player of the Season is more difficult, if Alfie Mawson stays fit, maybe he can follow in Tim Ream's footsteps by being player of the season at centre back.

Max Cohen: Aleksandar Mitrovic will be player of the year on the back of a 25 goal-plus season. Back in 2017/18, he destroyed Championship defences with ease – think Richard Stearman cowering in fear while Mitro flexed his muscles in glee. And that was in the span of less than 20 matches, in a totally new team, without the benefit of a full preseason. Imagine what he can do in 46 matches.

Alan Drewett: I think if Cairney stays fit, he is the best midfielder in the division. He is vital to our style of football and can control the game with ease. He has three excellent attackers in front of him and they will no doubt thrive from his assists.

Who will be our young player of the year?

Dan Crawford: There are a number of candidates here. Steven Sessegnon has a real opportunity to nail down a spot at right back, whilst Luca de la Torre could become Cairney's understudy in the number 10 role. I'm also hoping for a big season from Matt O'Riley, whose talent deserves far more than the seven senior games he has played to date. He's been one of the stars for Fulham's under-23 side in recent years and has a chance to fill in for the senior side's midfield triumvirate over the course of the season. Hopefully, his class will help O'Riley stake a claim for a regular spot.

Frankie Taylor: Steven Sessegnon has a position to win and is most likely to nail down a starting position. I still get irritated that Luca de La Torre was legitimately man of the match against Millwall in the League Cup last season and didn't play a single minute again for the first team. I think they both have the best opportunities to contribute on a consistent basis but would edge it towards Steven Sessegnon.

Max Cohen: I'll choose American midfielder Luca de la Torre, who I think is getting overlooked a bit this summer by fans clamouring for Matt O'Riley's introduction. With our central midfield options looking weak, I would expect de la Torre to play a large role. Stuart Gray certainly agrees, and even said during a recent interview that he considers the American one of Fulham's finest prospects, along with Steven Sessegnon.

Alan Drewett: I'm going for Steven Sessegnon. I think this could be his breakthrough season and he has all the qualities to become an integral part of our back four. Steven has been very patient – he could have had a run last season – and he is clearly highly rated at Motspur Park. I hope he gets his chance and, if he does, I'm sure he will take it.

What are you most looking forward to this season?

Dan Crawford: It seems strange to pinpoint a day right at the end of the season at this point, but the trip to Wigan will be fantastic. It's a terrific away day, with some great places to visit, and will be made all the better if there's something riding on the game.

Frankie Taylor: I know this might not age well, but from a fantasy point of view, it'd be great to see Fulham hold up the Championship trophy at Craven Cottage. I always enjoy the London derbies but particularly under the floodlights. Queens Park Rangers, Brentford, Millwall and Charlton are four fun games to look forward to this season.

Max Cohen: The best thing about being back in the Championship is the authenticity. No clueless pundits, no fake fans, and no more being subject to ridicule from supporters of 'big clubs.' We're back in the most exciting league in the world, and pencil in Luton away on Boxing Day as a top day out.

Alan Drewett: This is a good question. It would have to be the local derbies. Playing QPR and Brentford adds extra needle to a long and exhausting season and the games are always full of goals and excitement. It is always good to get one over on your neighbours as well.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/the-championship-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Parker reveals all on Mitrovic, Cairney and Championship hopes - EXCLUSIVE
SCOTT PARKER took over at Fulham with ten games to go of their Premier League season last year, and virtually all hope lost of staying up.

The Cottagers did go down, but in those last ten games, former England midfielder Parker restored some hope, pride and fun to the club after a grim, chaotic campaign.

The 38-year-old now faces his first full campaign as a manager, starting at Barnsley on Saturday afternoon.

Fulham have been installed as among the favourites to go straight back up by the bookmakers. Parker has signed two exciting wingers in Ivan Cavaleiro and Anthony Knockaert, and kept key men like Aleksandar Mitrovic and Tom Cairney.

And we talked to the Fulham manager on the eve of the new campaign.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1161195/Fulham-news-Scott-Parker-Aleksandr-Mitrovic-Tom-Cairney

WhiteJC

Report: Tottenham-linked Ryan Sessegnon to be left out of Fulham squad

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly close to signing Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon.

Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on the signing of Ryan Sessegnon, according to The Mail.

The 19-year-old has been linked with a move to Spurs for the entire summer but, with less than a week to go in the transfer window, time is of the essence for the North Londoners.

Tottenham remain deadlocked over a deal for Giovani Lo Celso but, according to The Mail, negotiations between them and Fulham are at an 'advanced' stage as Sessegnon nears a Premier League return for £30 million.

The report adds that the Cottagers' boss Scott Parker will not include him in the squad for the trip to Barnsley in this afternoon's Championship opener.

Tottenham fans will be slightly relieved when this happens, but Lo Celso is the one they're desperate for.

Sessegnon joining Mauricio Pochettino's side never looked in much doubt, but the longer it goes without signing the Argentina international, the more worried Pochettino and supporters should be.

The window shuts in only five days and given the numerous sagas that Spurs had last summer, few would be surprised if the Lo Celso thing didn't materialise.

So far, Pochettino has made just the two signings this summer - Tanguy Ndombele for a club-record £63 million, and Jack Clarke, who has re-joined Leeds on loan.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/03/report-tottenham-linked-ryan-sessegnon-to-be-left-out-of-fulham/

WhiteJC

Simple Solution For Sessegnon Deal From Fulham To Tottenham To Go Ahead

Over the last two days, media speculation, as you'd expect with the closure of the summer transfer window almost upon us, has intensified when it comes to the future of Ryan Sessegnon.

It would appear if the mainstream media have their facts right, Ryan is bound for Tottenham Hotspur.

One source, The Express, is running with the suggestion that Tottenham are confident of signing the 21-year-old but are looking to offload Danny Rose first.

Another source, The Daily Mail, are reporting that a deal to sign Ryan is close with a figure of £30 million being mentioned.

But, with the transfer window closure drawing closer by the day, could Fulham be left in a situation whereby they don't have enough time to source a replacement for the talented teenager?

If that is the case then my co-writer, on Vital Fulham, has the perfect solution, with Brian Gower remarking about the situation:

"It seems so simple to be true. If Tottenham really want young Fulham star Ryan Sessegon, then here's the solution.

Tottenham give Fulham Danny Rose and their winger Georges Kevin N'Koudou in exchange for Ryan Sessegnon.

Spurs get their man. Fulham get a quality replacement AND another winger.

Both teams get a win, win outcome and no transfer fees involved.

Is that not a fair deal for both sides?"

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/simple-solution-for-sessegnon-deal-from-fulham-to-tottenham-to-go-ahead/

WhiteJC

West Ham news: Former Hammer surprised by lack of bid for Aleksandar Mitrovic

This article is part of Football FanCast's Pundit View series, which provides opinion and analysis on recent quotes from journalists, pundits, players and managers...

Former West Ham United striker David Connolly is shocked the club did not move to sign Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer, per The Sun (2 August, Goals pull-out, page 12), via HITC.

What's he said?
Football FanCast understands that the Hammers did have Mitrovic on their shortlist of possible signings at the beginning of the summer and actually explored whether or not the striker had a release clause in his contract.

However, no move came of it and he subsequently signed a new deal with the recently relegated Cottagers.

And Connolly, who played for the Hammers in the 2003/04 season, is stunned that his old side did not make a move.

He said: "The fact that Fulham have managed to keep Mitrovic is massive. He is a Premier League player in every regard.

"I can't believe that no other club, such as West Ham, signed the striker."

Forgetting about Haller
West Ham may have backed off a deal for Mitrovic but they promptly went and signed Sebastian Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt for a club-record fee.

Sources have confirmed to Football FanCast that the deal comes to an initial £45m followed by a potential £5m in add-ons if certain performance-related bonuses are met.

Haller, of course, scored 20 goals in all competitions last season in a Frankfurt team that also featured one of Real Madrid's latest signings, Luka Jovic.

If it came down to a straight choice between securing one of the best strikers in the Bundesliga last season or a recently relegated Premier League striker, West Ham chose wisely.

Having Haller at the club will surely soften the blow for supporters, and Connolly, over their non-existent Mitrovic swoop.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/west-ham/west-ham-news-former-hammer-surprised-by-lack-of-bid-for-aleksandar-mitrovic

WhiteJC

Tottenham close in on £30m deal for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon

Tottenham are believed to be preparing a £30m bid to finally seal a deal for long-term target Ryan Sessegnon.

The Fulham youngster has long been linked with Spurs, but negotiations with the Cottagers have seemingly stalled for much of the summer while Daniel Levy & Co. try to re-home Danny Rose.

However, the two clubs are said to nearing an agreement for the 19-year-old who will cost around £30million, according to the Daily Mail.

The acceleration in talks is reportedly in no small part down to Mauricio Pochettino's very public calling out of the club's dealings in the market, and his apparent lack of input.

Pochettino's Fulham counterpart Scott Parker is now expected to leave Sessegnon out of his squad to face Barnsley in their Championship season opener on Saturday.

Sessegnon has been a key player for Fulham and provided six assists from left-back last season.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/tottenham-hotspur-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-ps30m-mauricio-pochettino-scott-parker-danny-rose#GuAI4umeaGR2iOP3.99

WhiteJC

Fulham team news: Parker expects key pair to play vs Barnsley, two potential debuts

Fulham start the 2019/20 Championship season with an encounter away to Barnsley at Oakwell as the Londoners adapt to life back in the second tier.

Scott Parker's side will be aiming to win instant promotion after being relegated from the Premier League last season and will be looking to start the new season with a morale-boosting victory.

Fulham are a team in transition due to the changes which they experienced after relegation.

They could not have asked for a better opening day fixture then a game against a newly promoted second-tier side.

Parker will however be aware that his Fulham side cannot afford to take the game lightly as they will be up against a side that will be looking to make an impact in the second-tier of English football.

Fulham will also be up against a side that will be high in confidence after having secured automatic promotion from League One to the Championship last season.

Parker has said that he expects defender Alfie Mawson and midfielder Stefan Johansen to be fit for the game, as reported by the club's official website. Both players were substituted during the pre-season friendly against West Ham which led to injury concerns.

Ivan Cavaleiro and Anthony Knockaert could be set to make their professional debuts for the Cottagers after having arrived from Wolves and Brighton respectively.

The Fulham duo will be expected to play a big role for Parker's side this season especially due to their prior Premier League experience.

If Aleksandar Mitrovic is fed well and has a good game, it is really hard to see Fulham losing the game. They are a stronger side on paper and will need to just get the basics right and remain focused.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/fulham-team-news-parker-expects-key-pair-to-play-vs-barnsley-two-potential-debuts/

WhiteJC

BE RED Vs Fulham

BE RED returns for the 2019/20 campaign...

Reds striker Cauley Woodrow is the focus of our exclusive interview as he prepares to face off against his former club on the opening day of the new season.

We have our usual notes from Head Coach, Daniel Stendel.

Our regular contributors, Neil Richardson, Dave Copping and Leigh Edwards are back.

Check out the fan gallery and see if your photo made it this week!

There are over 10 pages dedicated to our opponents from Fulham.

All this and much, much more in this weekend's BE RED!

Priced at just £3 and available from in and around Oakwell.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/beredfulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham player heading for permanent move away from Craven Cottage

Fulham midfielder Tayo Edun is set for a permanent move away from Craven Cottage according to Football Insider.

It is claimed that the youngster is in talks with League One side, Shrewsbury Town over a potential move before the transfer window closes.

Edun is heading into the final year of his contract with Fulham, and the club are seemingly willing to cash in on him instead of letting his contract expire at the end of the 2019/20 season.

He spent last season on loan with Ipswich Town, making six appearances for the Tractor Boys before being recalled early from that loan spell after suffering an eye injury.

Edun has made a total of seven appearances for Fulham's first-team, but is well down the pecking order in Scott Parker's squad this season, so it seems as though a move away from Craven Cottage could be the best move for both parties involved.

The report from Football Insider claims that a number of other Football League clubs were interested in signing the midfielder, but Shrewsbury have reportedly won the race to land his signature.

Fulham get their new league campaign underway on Saturday with a trip to Oakwell to take on newly-promoted Barnsley, where they'll be looking to get off to a winning start back in the Championship.

The Verdict:

This is a smart move by Fulham.

Edun isn't going to be anywhere near their starting XI this season, so they're making the right decision to move him on this summer.

He's a player with a bright future ahead of him, and he'll be keen to show Fulham what they're missing out on this season if he does join Shrewsbury Town.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-player-heading-for-permanent-move-away-from-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Report: Spurs target won't travel with squad for season opener

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for Fulham wide man Ryan Sessegnon all summer but a deal is yet to materialise so far. Spurs have reportedly identified Sessegnon as the man to replace Danny Rose, who could still leave before the end of the transfer window (the Mirror).

However, a report in the Sun claims that Tottenham are confident of sealing a £25m deal for Sessegnon with less than a week left until the close of the transfer window.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail has now reported that the Cottagers' boss Scott Parker will not include him in the squad for the trip to Barnsley in this afternoon's Championship opener.

Scott Parker insisted on Friday he expected Sessegnon to be at Craven Cottage beyond Thursday's transfer window (the Express) but the report in the Mail claims that Tottenham and Fulham are in the final stages of their negotiation, with a fee in the region of £30million close to being agreed.

It will be interesting to see if the 19-year-old does make the trip to Barnsley this afternoon.

Spurs Web Opinion
It looks like this deal is dead certain to happen in the final few days of the transfer window. While Sessegnon has great potential, his talent is still very raw and thus we as Spurs fans need to remain patient with the teenager if he does sign. Pochettino is the perfect man to get the 19-year-old to live up to his potential, particularly given his track record in improving full-backs.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-spurs-target-wont-travel-with-squad-for-season-opener/