more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Barnsley

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 03, 2019, 12:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

Quote from: JimOG on August 03, 2019, 02:10:02 PM
Hesgoal.com not showing the match - any streams out there?
ESPN +

Sting of the North

Is anyone really that surprised that Knockeart, our newest squad member starts  on the bench when we have great options? For defense, Ream and Steven Sess not deemed first team fit as I understand, so no surprises. KMac has to play CB in a pinch. Not too worried about that, this is Barnsley, not Man City. Would have preferred someone like O'Riley instead of Fonte though.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 02:08:33 PM
Quote from: filham on August 03, 2019, 02:06:12 PM
Kamara preferred to Knockeart, that is a surprise although Kamara has done well in pre season matches.

Knockeart is new to the team and was not here for the full pre season. Makes sense to me, especially sunce, as you say, Kamara has looked good.

Scott Parker said in the preview video that both Cavaleiro and Knockaert were behind the other players for fitness because they had joined so "late", in particular Knockaert. He said it will be a few weeks before they're 100%. Another illustration of the cost of signing players late (sorry, I won't rant).

Deeping_white

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 03, 2019, 02:18:39 PM
I know Ream played in the U23 game v QPR but what's the story there?  Injury?  Surely he'd be on the bench otherwise?

He's had virtually no pre season and the only game he did play in we got battered, hardly a glowing endorsement for picking a player in the squad

Finnans Right Peg

Defensive cover is ok (for this match not the whole season)as odoi can play anywhere across the back line but the bench really highlights how small our midfeild options are .

JimOG

Hesgoal.com has just updated its menu with the Barnsley v Fulham game on it!!

Statto

It really does show our lack of depth. A strong starting XI but besides wingers, there isn't a single player on that bench I'd want to see on the pitch in an important game unless we wee already 3-0 up.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

What happens when Mawson limps of with a knee injury.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2019, 02:30:11 PM
What happens when Mawson limps of with a knee injury.

I am going to try and be positive don't know how long it will last  049:gif. I just hope the person designated to put his boots on and off for him does a good job
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobby01

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 03, 2019, 02:13:27 PM
Interesting! I would have expected Knockaert but AK has been on fire during pre season. I don't understand why we have Fonte in the squad though. And no CB on the bench of course. Let's hope Odoi doesn't get injured, we desperately need his versatility in this thin squad.

Agree with all of this  :plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

KJS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2019, 02:09:58 PM
I thought the idea of bringing in a class player like Knockeart would be to play him...Still what do I know.😵

Exactly what do you knoe🙄

filham

Quote from: grandad on August 03, 2019, 02:18:23 PM
Quote from: General on August 03, 2019, 02:06:00 PM
one defender available for backup is pretty worrisome.

If Mawson pulls up Odoi can replace him & Christie to FB

Of course, it looks a pretty good team selection with plenty of attacking options if we fail to score in the first 60 minutes and subs to replace tiring players.

Suspect we will see full use of subs today for one reason or another.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on August 03, 2019, 02:26:03 PM
It really does show our lack of depth. A strong starting XI but besides wingers, there isn't a single player on that bench I'd want to see on the pitch in an important game unless we wee already 3-0 up.

Exactly.   The squads depth is shite.

Odoi is our starting RB and he's a below average defender.   MLM and Mawson are an injury away from our CB situation being drastically bad.

FFC1987

Immediately Bryan out muscled and we concede a cheap goal..... who'd of thought it