watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arter Joins On Loan

Started by Spirit of 2000, August 04, 2019, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Great signing, Harry Arter is made for what we need in our battles in the championship  049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mince n Tatties

Again... I thought he was already here.😉

JoelH5

Quote from: Singding on August 06, 2019, 05:22:22 PM
Yeah, just hope he can keep his discipline. I remember when Cardiff signed him on loan & Warnock basically said that Eddie Howe really rated him as a player but just couldn't get him to sort out his disciplinary issues! Fingers crossed Parker will keep him on the field!

If anyone can its Parker. He will give his all as I doubt he'd want to contribute to his brother-in-law's first sacking!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

jayffc

When I checked out the Cardiff fans view when we were first linked. The general consensus seemed most of them felt they'd absolutely like him to come back, but not if it cost them what they really needed which was a striker.
On paper, a player that is a good rotation option with the potential ability to start in midfield in place of Stefjo or Kmac. We'll see which one it is soon enough.

Welcome Harry!

Singding

Yeah I thought the same, if not then it's gonna make for one hell of an awkward family Sunday roast!

Dr Quinzel

Took their time. Must've been Arter to come up with a decent pun for the reveal....

I'll see myself out.

Woolly Mammoth

He won't want to let Scott down.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on August 06, 2019, 05:22:15 PM
A good signing, a player with good Championship experience who can hit the ground running and provide options in a midfield that was looking thin. With O'Riley looking for game time the midfield should be good enough to get us through the season.
Also it begins to look as if Parker may be having a say in signings which is encouraging.

If we're going for promotion we need at least another midfielder with a bit more pace,  plus of course defensive reinforcements.

Luka

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 06, 2019, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on August 06, 2019, 04:24:19 PM
Quote from: Count Flapula on August 06, 2019, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 04, 2019, 11:41:43 PM
Just what our old, slow midfield needs, another old, slow midfielder...

The "our CMs are too old / too slow" argument is laughable. None of them were fast when we got promoted (less than 2 years ago)

It's a fair point, but McDonald did look alarmingly immobile in the loss to Barnsley.

Your fair to point out that pace was never a part of his game anyway, so maybe put it down to early season rustiness and hope it improves with game time.

he also looked well off the pace last season, particularly when he got sent off.....Maybe its match fitness but him and StefJo do look well off the pace to be honest.

KMac's legs have gone....against Cambridge he was our worst player and miles of the pace....and that is first hand from a Cambridge player.

ealex40

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 04, 2019, 11:41:43 PM
Just what our old, slow midfield needs, another old, slow midfielder...
Ronaldo   34
Modric and Ramos  33
Messi, Suarez and Cavani  32
Aguero   31
Bale  30
Kroos  29
Hazard and Griezmann  28

EN1 FFC

I put Arter in the category of Terry Hurlock and expect there to be more injuries during training to our own players.
He goes into tackles without any control, think the Cardiff game against City he got away with two sending off tackles and a few more in other games. With our capabilities of not defending freekicks well it does not bode well. Expect him to be the first player to get a bookings ban.

Steven Ageroad

Years ago Fulham had similar player, a bit of animal and would put it about a bit, we missed him when he moved on, he does radio work now his name was Collins, can't remember his first name.

Hatch007