watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Perpetrator

Started by jeremyfulham, August 05, 2019, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

That hit Cyrus's sister has handed himself into police .

Statto

Given he's already been tried and convicted by everyone on here, can I assume they'll proceed straight to sentencing tomorrow morning?

Andy S

And the public hanging is at 4:00. There is no excuse but a good brief could get him off

Tabby

The true tragedy in this is that people are speaking badly of someone that was physically accosting and racially abusing someone.

jeremyfulham

Can only speak 2nd hand but my sons witnessed it and the guy was abusive and violent and ran away .

YankeeJim

Quote from: Tabby on August 05, 2019, 10:54:31 PM
The true tragedy in this is that people are speaking badly of someone that was physically accosting and racially abusing someone.

that was alleged to have physically accosting and racially abusing someone.
[/quote]
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tabby

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 05, 2019, 11:04:41 PM

Yeah, too bad there weren't dozens of witnesses, otherwise we might have a clue what happened.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on August 05, 2019, 11:05:55 PM

Yeah, too bad there weren't dozens of witnesses, otherwise we might have a clue what happened.

Would be good if you could elaborate on that. And I mean that sincerely - I'm genuinely curious about the incident. In 48 hrs of trawling Facebook, Twitter, this forum and the internet generally, I'm yet to see anyone claiming to have been a direct witness to the incident itself, or indeed anyone saying what actually happened in more detail than Christie's post.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on August 05, 2019, 11:13:26 PM

Would be good if you could elaborate on that. And I mean that sincerely - I'm genuinely curious about the incident. In 48 hrs of trawling Facebook, Twitter, this forum and the internet generally, I'm yet to see anyone claiming to have been a direct witness to the incident itself, or indeed anyone saying what actually happened in more detail than Christie's post.

Take a look three posts up Statto. That's pretty close.

gezkc

I don't understand why you are doubting this happened? Christie publicly stated that his sister was abused and hit and the alleged perpetrator has handed himself into the police.

The fact that your first reaction is to be suspicious of the accuser, says more about you than anything else. If we are to kick out racism in football, it's this attitude that needs to change

flyingfish

Quote from: gezkc on August 06, 2019, 08:08:35 AM

I don't understand why you are doubting this happened? Christie publicly stated that his sister was abused and hit and the alleged perpetrator has handed himself into the police.

The fact that your first reaction is to be suspicious of the accuser, says more about you than anything else. If we are to kick out racism in football, it's this attitude that needs to change

But of course it's usually people with no direct experience of racism that are experts or even debating if it exists at all

Statto

Who is this directed to? Me or YankeeJim? I don't doubt this happened, not sure why you'd think that

Statto

Quote from: flyingfish on August 06, 2019, 08:36:03 AM

But of course it's usually people with no direct experience of racism that are experts or even debating if it exists at all

Who is this directed to? Me? Are you suggesting I've had no direct experience of racism? Not sure how you'd know that

hovewhite

The act itself,also I he comments by certain people on boards and social media in general can't just try to disprove and condone prejudice in any situation is disgusting everyone needs to condem this behavior.

Jim©

There are people that saw it, the club knew this I'm sure when putting out a strong statement. They may not be the type of people that use social media (my dad who travels to aways a bit never would - infact he'd probably clump the bloke that was doing it). Also, one of the quick thinking stewards took a picture of the bloke too, so they did know who it was.
I think handing himself into Police is some admittance of the fact that an altercation did happen and that that individual feels partly responsible for it.

I'd be much happier knowing people like that don't go to Fulham games any more. I saw first hand some 20 ish year old swearing and offering out a middle aged woman at Wembley and was pleased that most around told him to behave, it's always been that way at Fulham and would hope that continues.

gezkc

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2019, 09:01:17 AM

Who is this directed to? Me or YankeeJim? I don't doubt this happened, not sure why you'd think that

All your posts on this subject would suggest otherwise, Statto, so yes it was a question to you.

Statto

Quote from: gezkc on August 06, 2019, 09:52:13 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2019, 09:01:17 AM

All your posts on this subject would suggest otherwise, Statto, so yes it was a question to you.
OK so, what is the question sorry?

JoelH5

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 06, 2019, 09:10:53 AM
Those who did see what happened, and there are people, are unlikely to have reported what they saw via social media, because frankly look at the posts and comments - it isn't something worth the huge response, and suffering doubt from people as to their recollection of what happened - not everyone wants the attention or to be seen as an arbitrator on what happened. There's a number they can call to inform the club - I know some have. It will be sorted in time.
#

This exactly. Why would you post on FoF for example when you will have some moron saying it never happened and probably calling you a liar?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

In 48 hrs of trawling Facebook, Twitter, this forum and the internet generally, I'm yet to see anyone claiming to have been a direct witness to the incident itself, or indeed anyone saying what actually happened in more detail than Christie's post.

The 'confusion' I expect comes from this comment you made. To be clear then, this isn't a backhanded way to say you doubt it happened? Don't take offence. I'm trying to clear the above situation up.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

I don't think there's anything wrong with being sceptical of a story when the facts haven't been laid out yet to be honest. Being sympathetic and listening and trying to get to the bottom of the case is important, but I for one, don't jump to conclusions on hearsay until more proof as come out (like it has). Not against your position but I believe innocent until proven guilty is important as well as, as you say, not demeaning, throwing out at the offset and not believing someone that reports such an incident.