Main Menu

Perpetrator

Started by jeremyfulham, August 05, 2019, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 06, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 06, 2019, 10:18:57 AM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 06, 2019, 09:10:53 AM
Those who did see what happened, and there are people, are unlikely to have reported what they saw via social media, because frankly look at the posts and comments - it isn't something worth the huge response, and suffering doubt from people as to their recollection of what happened - not everyone wants the attention or to be seen as an arbitrator on what happened. There's a number they can call to inform the club - I know some have. It will be sorted in time.
#

This exactly. Why would you post on FoF for example when you will have some moron saying it never happened and probably calling you a liar?

You are yourself supposing that they may report what they saw in full support of the general belief is - that may not be true, and if they said as such for example, imagine the reaction. It is easier, and much more productive for those that did see it to discuss with the club, which they have. Conjecture doesn't now help or do anything but raise arguments between you all. I'm sure the clubs relevant person within the supporter liaison department will confirm the outcome in due course.

huh? You've said exactly what I was saying. Why would you post about it on here if you saw it when you could just report it to the club.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 06, 2019, 10:40:20 AM
I read your comment to suggest that those who have spoken to the club would agree with Cyrus' sisters view of events - some may have seen some and agree, others may have seen other parts and not know in full, or disagree entirely, so when you saying someone may disbelieve you, I read that to mean that from the perspective that anyone coming forwards would 100% corroborate what has been reported so far. Reading again, I see what you mean - whatever someone witnessed, if they report it on social media/forums, they would have their comments doubted and be hounded for further info which they may not want to give - right? Not everyone revels in being the centre of attention, especially when it is regards something so unsavoury.

Yeah, exactly. More to the point, what benefit is there of posting it on here? There is none. For people to then say this happened or didn't happen because no one has posted it on an fan forum is naive.

Logicalman

To those that wonder why people, like Statto, are often skeptical of allegations of this, and other, criminal behavior, I provide two, totally separate and distinct, links to stories.

All this proves is that there are those amongst us that will make false allegations, for whatever reasons they wish, which plays into the racial divide. It is people like these two that provide evidence as to why people are not taken at face value, and it is neither 'side' of the racial divide that is more predominant in this, as a cursory search on Google will provide ample proof of such.

I believe that the vast majority on here are fair-minded, balanced, and law abiding citizens, who find racially-motivated behavior intolerable and wish it did not exist, unfortunately it does, it has done since the dawn of man (tribal) and will do into the future, but that does NOT mean that any of us should provoke and accuse others on here of either promoting, denying or tolerating racism, or any other untoward behavior, simply because they might be skeptical of a news story, as the two links provided show.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/15/17978682/racial-profiling-black-children-911-teresa-klein-brooklyn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett_alleged_assault

So, lets all cool it down and behave and treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves, without providing false allegations against each other.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

toshes mate

I do so hope that, at some point in time in the future, there will be no cause for any human being to call the special case card, because humanity in general knows exactly how to behave with anyone else and exactly what will happen to them if they do not behave. 

It's a sign of the times that people expect chapter and verse instantly on such incidents when they involve a body they are consumed with be it by family ties or whatever, but we didn't always have smart phones, instant communication, and rash statements.  In those days it would take time for those we hold responsible for investigation to piece together evidence, determine a view of the truth, and decide what law, if any, has been broken.

In the incident in question I hope all concerned will, once all the dust has settled, determine a better way of dealing with any future occurrences, one which avoids trigger happy agenda shooting from all and sundry, a process that actually detracts from the main point of watching professional sport.  Football supporters should be able to enjoy watching the game without ever having to deal with an idiot fringe for whatever reason.  And if the idiot cannot be trusted to behave responsibly then they should be banned sine die.   

Ruislip Ray

Quote from: jeremyfulham on August 05, 2019, 10:35:12 PM
That hit Cyrus's sister has handed himself into police .
where did you hear this?

JoelH5

Quote from: Ruislip Ray on August 06, 2019, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: jeremyfulham on August 05, 2019, 10:35:12 PM
That hit Cyrus's sister has handed himself into police .
where did you hear this?

Seen it on a few outlets; facebook, twitter etc

Statto

Logicalman makes a great point about the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" underpinning our criminal justice system, which is, I might add, probably the best justice system in the world. The integrity of that system is, with all due respect, far more important than anything that could have happened on Saturday, and cases like those of Carl Beech and Jussie Smollet recently should remind us why it needs to seem harsh and cynical at times.

As it happens, my position is one step down from that insofar as, as I said, I accept that "this" did happen, because I think it highly unlikely that Christie would have completely fabricated the story. However, I think it equally unlikely that a Fulham fan at a match with his wife would physically attack another fan, randomly and without provocation, and that his wife would then support him, and that none of the fans around them would "clump" (as someone put it above) or apprehend him. Therefore, I consider it totally unclear at this stage what "this" involved, ie, what actually happened.

If Christie is a normal person, he won't have challenged his sister's side if the story - just as I wouldn't, if I was him. That's fine, but in my experience, there are two sides to every story, and both sides will exaggerate or omit different elements, quite often unintentionally. Back in the 90s I was accused of saying the n-word in an amateur football match when in fact I said "f*** off will ya". I dread to think what the consequences of that misunderstanding would be if it happened today.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, nor justifying violence or racial abuse, but I'm not going to judge someone with only one side of the story, particularly when that's a vague half-sentence of detail, relayed to me second-hand via Twitter. Sorry but I'm going to do what the Police and any other half-intelligent, responsible and genuinely compassionate person would do, which is wait for the full facts to emerge - which I'm sure they will, very soon.

filham

Well lets hope the person, if found guilty, is punished quickly and the matter is forgotten but not repeated and that we all show understanding by giving full support to Christie on Saturday.

Twig

Quote from: filham on August 06, 2019, 05:39:20 PM
Well lets hope the person, if found guilty, is punished quickly and the matter is forgotten but not repeated and that we all show understanding by giving full support to Christie on Saturday.

Amen to that.

mancwhite

Absolutely agree - everyone needs to get right behind Christie on saturday.
Your just too good to be true Fulham