watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Dublin

Started by f321ffc, August 06, 2019, 04:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Away for a few days in Dublin, and I'm Arter (see what I did there) recommendations for eateries around the Connolly station, Talbot St area.
Thanks COYW,S
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MikeCdawg

Went to a lovely Italian there called little Caesar's, if that's your type of ting

HV71

McGettigans is decent

snarks

Don't know Dublin well so not sure if this is in your area

I think we went to the Winding Stair which is on the road alongside the River - that was great

Finnans Right Peg

The gin palace does nice pub grub thats just off henry street and the wool shed is an aussie place does great steak and grill food and is a great sports bar.

Just out of interest will you be in Dublin on saturday night as the mighty dubs are playing in the semi final of the all ireland in gaelic football so the atmosphere in town will be good .

Wingnut

First thing you need to do is avoid that part of the city at night. Connolly station, Talbot street, central bus station and the surrounding side streets are notorious for heroin addicts. On eateries, Wallace's Taverna beside the Millennium bridge is a nice spot. You can get the tram from Connolly station to Jervis street and it's a very short stroll from there.

If you want a burger, Bunsen in Temple bar, right across the street from 'The Temple bar', is the best in the city. For coffee, head to Coffee Angel, there is one very close to you beside the IFSC. The Foggy Dew, just up the street from Bunsen is a nice old style Dublin pub. Avoid the bars in Temple bar!

If you want to a more formal sit down meal, head to Dawson street on the south side, just across from Trinity College, where you'll find the Ivy, Marco Pierre's gaff etc.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Logicalman

Quote from: Wingnut on August 06, 2019, 09:18:04 PM
First thing you need to do is avoid that part of the city at night. Connolly station, Talbot street, central bus station and the surrounding side streets are notorious for heroin addicts. On eateries, Wallace's Taverna beside the Millennium bridge is a nice spot. You can get the tram from Connolly station to Jervis street and it's a very short stroll from there.

If you want a burger, Bunsen in Temple bar, right across the street from 'The Temple bar', is the best in the city. For coffee, head to Coffee Angel, there is one very close to you beside the IFSC. The Foggy Dew, just up the street from Bunsen is a nice old style Dublin pub. Avoid the bars in Temple bar!

If you want to a more formal sit down meal, head to Dawson street on the south side, just across from Trinity College, where you'll find the Ivy, Marco Pierre's gaff etc.

You're just a font of bleeding Dublin knowledge you are! Great post!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

JoelH5

I think Statto is Irish. He may know..?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

gmosullivan

couple of good places to look out for, mostly on the southside of the river.
Coppinger Row Restaurant (Mediterranean)
The Pigs ear
l'gueuleton
Ukiyo j(apanese)
Market Bar (tapas)
Jo Burger (Burgers)
Most of the better restaurants can be found near Grafton st, St Stephens green, south William at and Dawson st. Temple bar has a lot of options for food and bars but is a tourist trap and a rip off.
pay heed to the advice given above about hanging around O'Connell st and Talbot at night, not the friendliest and one wrong turn off these streets may leave you in places you probably don't want to visit.

Burt

Went there for a boys "beer and curry" weekend last November, top place. I had forgotten how nice a pint Kilkenny was :)

Check out an Indian restaurant called Diwali - very good. Can't remember where it was because by that time we were a bit blotto.