Reid
0 (0%)
Reed
0 (0%)
Le Marchand
7 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Voting closed: August 11, 2019, 05:08:32 PM

Author Topic: FOF MOTM Fulham 2-0 Blackburn (Arter)  (Read 3591 times)

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
  • Bring on the Championship!
Re: MOTM Fulham 2-0 Blackburn
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
Everyone contributed. Cav and Johansen didn't set the world on fire but were ok. For me, MOM is about a player dominating his position and than contribute in other ways. Bryan did that. Arter is a close second.

Offline Jims Dentist

• Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
Arter for me.
Mentions for Knocky, Mawson and Ream.

Offline mortlakebob

• Michael Jackson
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
Arter for me, although I thought all the lads put in a good display despite the very windy conditions

Offline One Martin Thomas

• Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
Mawson & Ream looked good and all the better for having Arter in front !

Knockaert is brilliant and perhaps should have a free role ?????

Offline One Martin Thomas

• Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 08:32:16 PM »
Arter for me, although I thought all the lads put in a good display despite the very windy conditions

We’re gonna have to cope with wind when that Riverside comes down 🥶

Online Spirit of 2000

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 08:35:09 PM »
1)Arter  2)Ream 3)Knockaert

Offline Southcoastffc

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • Mr Khan said "Whatever It Takes" That's ok then.
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2019, 08:39:18 PM »
No need to look beyond this.
Everyone was pretty decent today but Harry Arter for me - he was everywhere and put in some very good tackles and linked the play well

Online Sting of the North

• Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2019, 09:04:23 PM »
Many good performances today. I went for Cairney, not just for the goal but also because he won the ball so many times and was involved in most good moves today. Looked really determined.

I think that in my book any of the starters except Betts (too little to do), Ivan (got in some good positions but wasted most of them) and StefJo (better today, good energy but still misplaced too many easy passes) could have earned MoM today. 

Offline fcfulham55

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
Cairney.

The goal, the composure and work rate. Tried his best to dictate play but needs the rest to be in tune.  Several games later I feel we will get going.

Offline Skatzoffc

• Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »
Cairney for me. Ream was also great. Partnered Mawson well who looked comfortable and more confident as the game went on. A good partnership forming there.

I can understand why people are voting for Arter bacause he is what we need in the team. But I can't say it was man of the match performance. Just a good performance in a team of good performances.

This was Blackburn who didn't have a shot on target so let's not get too carried away.

A good win tho.

Coyw!

Offline TheDaddy

• MAESTRO
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Ream for me:  composed and kept everything nice and tidy no dramas

Offline smallfulhamman

• Youth Academy
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
I voted Arter, but on reflection I think I’ve been very harsh on Cairney by not giving it to him. When we desperately needed lifting he scored a sublime goal to settle us and which allowed us to control the game from then on. He worked tirelessly just like Arter (especially when he nicked the ball off their defence and almost put us in from it). He looked back at his best and he thoroughly deserved my MOTM vote actually.

Arter I have to add was outstanding, not sure if he even stopped running once in that 90 minutes. Kept the back four organised, he did give Ream and Bryan a talking to when they allowed a cross in as neither closed down or tracked the overlap. Seems like a workhorse and real leader similar or even better than Scotty P.

Knockaert had a great game, gutted he didn’t get a goal as he deserved it. He makes so many runs of the ball all it’ll take is to notice his runs twice a game and get the ball to him and he’ll definitely take one of the chances

Bryan - Bloody brilliant game, left on his own defending against 2 quite often due to Cav going walkabouts but held his own. Great run for the assist. All round looked good.

Cavaliero - I have some qualms, he just didn’t look like he was at the races today.

Special mentions
Ream - His best game in a while, put himself about
Odoi - Didn’t have much to do but when he did looked calm and composed despite the new position. Also tried a few runs out from the back that opened up the space we needed.
Mawson - Solid
Mitro - Held up the play well. Few times he was slow to get into the box/react to crosses, however great anticipation for the 2nd and he summed himself up with a diving header to the ball only inches from the opponents boot.

Offline bobbo

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2019, 12:03:40 PM »
A few played very well , joe Bryan for one, but he got caught out a couple of times early on.
 Harry Arta for me - stood out.

Offline Mullers OG

• tjl
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »
Whole team looked much better.  Hard to pick out individuals, Arter and Cairney looked good, Cavaleiro a little off the pace (is he fully fit?), Odoi solid, hard working and quick.  If I had to single one out then Odoi my man of the match.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »
How did Le Marchand get 7 votes? Does he have 7 family members on this board? LOL

Offline fulhamben

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »
How did Le Marchand get 7 votes? Does he have 7 family members on this board? LOL
because mods wont add a just want to see the results option

Offline Bracken White

• Graham Leggat
  • Don't shoot ... don't score!
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2019, 07:49:48 PM »
Good that there are a few contenders & very pleased that Ream features so prominently after so many derogatory comments. However, for me, Harry Arter was outstanding & a revelation. Looking forward to more of his hunched effectiveness!

Offline Friendsoffulham

• Administrator
  • MAESTRO
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:40 PM »

fulhamben,

Please stop your persistent whining about adding a ‘just want to see’ option on the MOTM poll, it isn't happening, and we’re not going to sit here and argue the toss with you about it.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »

fulhamben,

Please stop your persistent whining about adding a ‘just want to see’ option on the MOTM poll, it isn't happening, and we’re not going to sit here and argue the toss with you about it.

Ben, do as I do. If I don't see the match I just vote for my current favorite player. Better yet, watch the match or if unable, watch the replay and then vote. Problem solved.
In this way you won't wake up the grumpy mods.  :005:

Offline filham

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:57 PM »
So good to see Ream on form again.