Reid
0 (0%)
Reed
0 (0%)
Le Marchand
7 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Voting closed: August 11, 2019, 05:08:32 PM

Author Topic: FOF MOTM Fulham 2-0 Blackburn (Arter)  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Dr Quinzel

• Graham Leggat
Re: MOTM Fulham 2-0 Blackburn
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »
Don't post so often at the weekend, so missed it, but it was Arter for me. Loved his energy - both he and Knock show more get up and go between them than we saw from the whole team last year.

Offline snarks

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »
Voted for Arter, surprised not to see the running total when I did, but he was the best on Saturday.

However whilst it was an improved performance all round, it has to be consistent. I'm never sure if one team look poor because the other side is good, as may be the case with Blackburn, or whether we just won not playing particularly well against an OK team. Time will tell on that.

Offline Dr Quinzel

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2019, 11:09:16 AM »
Voted for Arter, surprised not to see the running total when I did, but he was the best on Saturday.

However whilst it was an improved performance all round, it has to be consistent. I'm never sure if one team look poor because the other side is good, as may be the case with Blackburn, or whether we just won not playing particularly well against an OK team. Time will tell on that.

Agree - it wasn't the best performance from a lot of players, but enough of them did enough for the win to make up for those who didn't perform. The test as you say is consistency - hopefully there's momentum going into Huddersfield and Milwall now.

Offline Forever Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »
Tim passing accuracy 92%

Offline Whitesideup

• Legend
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 11:07:20 PM »

Agree - it wasn't the best performance from a lot of players, but enough of them did enough for the win to make up for those who didn't perform. The test as you say is consistency - hopefully there's momentum going into Huddersfield and Milwall now.
Really, really  don't get the negativity from Dr Quinzel. The glass is not even half empty, and we won convincingly 2-0. In fact, I would have said the opposite, that I didn't see a bad performance from anyone. Yes, Blackburn are not one of the stronger teams, (and we can lose to anyone, remember) and could be in trouble this year, but that doesn't detract from good performances on our side. While you can argue they had a couple of reasonable chances, the ones we missed were better, and it could easily have been 3 or 4. Tough league, tough opposition, good performance.