more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Best Fulham Squad in years

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 10, 2019, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on August 12, 2019, 01:11:52 AM
I think the current squad has players more likely to become a coherent team, and because they are experienced and  have been successful in the English game, would do better in the Prem.

I don't think your comparisons of the various players are necessarily accurate anyway. Betts and Arter are better than  Rico and Chambers for a start.

It's not just about the skil level of players either, but whether they can perform as a coherent team, and their character, and motivation to do well with Fulham.

Statistics say Chambers is better than Arter; but more importantly Arsenal played Chambers this week, and Bournmouth didn't think Arter was worth keeping in their squad.

colinwhite

Arter showed in one match that he is a better fit to our team ,and with the way we want to play.Chambers did well for us ,but the circumstances were different.Is chambers a better box to box midfielder than Arter ?  No . Arrter has nouse and knows how to play the role ,so the your arguments are a bit irrelevant,even if Chambers probably will get more game time at the highest level.

toshes mate

It's amazing how success starved supporters settle for small mercies after the massacre that went before, but there are psychologically sound reasons why it can happen. 

What I saw at both Oakwell and the Cottage were two teams who dominated us at times and dictated much of the play.  We were marginally better on the right flank Saturday because Knockaert has the pace of Fredericks and doesn't much mind which way he has to run to get into a game and Odoi never gives less than 100% and had a good game.  But that was countered by the left flank being constantly exposed which is why I plumped for Targett over Bryan.  To be fair to Bryan the problem is shared with his flank partner and whether or not it is Cavaleiro matters since we do not have anyone obviously better than Bryan at left back.  That partnership needs fixing to get balance left to right, and it is early days but I do remember it gave SJ a headache in our promotion season.

The other imbalance is again one of getting to know you better and that is between Johansen, Arter and Cairney.  Although Arter dominated midfield movement for much of the first half I thought there was a danger of it being stereotyped and that is what happened.  For my money the psrtnership of that trio has to be more versatile and interchangeable because otherwise it will be far too easy to read and contain.  Blackburn read it and largely soaked it up.

It's early days for sure but superlatives it most certainly isn't.   

SuffolkWhite

From what I saw on Saturday, the new boys were putting in a shift and hassled and harried where possible. Arter and Knockheart stood out for me.

Good to see Ream back to his best and Mawson needs time as I suspect low confidence there!

So a good result but I will say we have to be switched on from the off as Blackburn did have there chances.

More gelling to come.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

Quote from: Tonywa on August 11, 2019, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 10, 2019, 10:06:06 PM
Bryan's run for the second goal was brilliant but as I have said on another thread he was run ragged by Armstrong in the first half

Indeed he was and as a consequence most of Blackburn's attacking came down his side of the pitch. Quite how at least one fan has made him their man of the match is totally beyond me.

I think Blackburn's better progress down that side was, in part, due to Cav's failure to give Bryan any cover. Odoi looked much more comfortable given Knock's work-rate in front of him. I'm not saying Bryan didn't contribute to the problem but it wasn't just down to him, Cav needs to offer more.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2019, 12:09:48 AM
What nonsense last years squad had better players, although this year maybe a better team because no new defenders and almost every players knows the league.

First Team
Rico is better than Betts
Chambers is better than Arter
Anguissa is better than Johasen
Babel is better than Calverio

Bench
Betts is better than Rodak
Seri is better than McDonald
Schullre is better than Ayite (debatable)

Even TFM would shine is this league, as he is faster than Fredericks and frankly has only a little less ball skills.

The real challenge in this league is it is a marathon season with passionate low block defences to break down. Barnsley showed what passion can do for a team.

The nonsense is yours my friend. You lost me after stating unequivocally that Rico is better than Betts and Chambers is better than Arter. As to "TFM would shine in this league," well I despair.