more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodney Marsh Half Time Interview!

Started by Steven Ageroad, August 10, 2019, 10:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: millsy on August 11, 2019, 05:11:02 PM
I am in H6 and heard most of it. He did sound a bit pissed and was a bit arrogant about his performances, which is probably more justified re his time at QPR. Spoke well of best and Moore but for me this was an entertaining but complete wasted period, just following the cup final, when we should have used the revenue to build on our squad but splashed it on the best and marsh cameos. They were both by then past it and just having fun, in my view, at our expense.

He also plugged Monday's hawks by & Jacobs show, which he'll be on and says he'll talk about Fulham. Says he hosts a show in US but comes over twice a year, for what I have no idea!

The award Ivan gave him was the usual "Forever Fulham", which he's lucky to share with such as Cohen, strong, Barrett, Davies et al

Thanks for the information.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 11, 2019, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2019, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 10, 2019, 10:17:46 PM
He is one the most popular soccer radio personalities in the U.S. He co-hosts a funny, weekday morning show called the Grumpy Pundits. He's a hoot.

I've tried listening to this a number of times, it's funny in places, but the co-host, Tommy Smyth, is a real Richard Cranium and has been for a long time, so it tends to take the edge off it for me.

From what we saw on the live feed, Rodney spoke of his time at Fulham in the 70's, and although we couldn't see what was being displayed on the screens at the ground, it sounded like the clip from the Hereford game in 76
https://youtu.be/h0KLrwmUDg0
cracking 4th goal from Rodders, and the Marsh v Best tackle towards the end.
Seeing those two play capped off the 70's for me after watching both Pelé and Eusebio at the Cottage earlier in that same decade.

I actually like Tommy Smyth. That might be an American thing though. Their grumpiness is total schtick. They bring old Fulham players on kind of regularly like Les Strong and Tony Gale, which I like. There are always some old stories from Marsh's playing days that get brought up.

You are so right concerning the content, that's the only reason I return and listen to it. Smyth is def a character, just not my cup of tea, then again a lot of great things aren't.  092.gif

They air on Sirius 157 in the States, as does TalkSport, but I cannot find TalkSport2 on any channel on there, any ideas?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Steven Ageroad

I emailed the club re the PA system and reminded them that if there was a situation that we had evacuate the JH stand in an emergency no one would hear the message!
I received a reply saying they were looking into the situation and things will improve.

bog

I will never forget his debut. Caught a Villa player in possession and scored with a 30 yard rocket at the Putney End then did not play again for ages....  :031:

092.gif