more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this squad / team...........

Started by Benny, August 11, 2019, 11:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

ALG01

in answer to the question unfortunatey it yes and no.
The lack of two decent full backs is worse but I think the rest of the team is a step up.
The biggest minus is the manager. I like scott and was my choice after CR and clearly hope he picks it up very quickly but slav was a seasoned professional that knew what needed to be done and how to do it, he was 'risk free.'
so in may we will have this discussion again no doubt based on what actually happens.

hovewhite

Yes I believe so,pace down the sides re Frederick when he was here he had pace but no end product and on this board we all said it and that aside much better!

Logicalman

After a great showing yesterday, we do have a good squad, but a word of caution. In our last successful push for the top flight we earned it using loanees, and then they left. We struggled to replace them and faced disaster last season.

Our current squad also has loanees in critical positions, and so we need to look at signing possible replacements in the Jan window  (Summer at a push) or, if we do get promotion again this season, we could find ourselves in the same position as 14 months ago.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Tabby

Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2019, 12:54:34 PM
After a great showing yesterday, we do have a good squad, but a word of caution. In our last successful push for the top flight we earned it using loanees, and then they left. We struggled to replace them and faced disaster last season.

Our current squad also has loanees in critical positions, and so we need to look at signing possible replacements in the Jan window  (Summer at a push) or, if we do get promotion again this season, we could find ourselves in the same position as 14 months ago.

All our loanees have an option to buy this time around. Even Reed. So we won't have a Mitro or Targett situation where they suddenly increase their asking price by £10 million if they prove themselves while here.

toshes mate

It will be as successful as Jokanovic's team if it wins promotion this season.  If it doesn't then it will not be as successful.  Any other attempts at comparisons are either premature or largely down to opinion.  The objective is promotion as we have heard from several different places within the Club hierarchy.  That is the target.  If this team hits the target then we may muse as much as we wish to do so upon which promotion team was the better.

bobby01

Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2019, 01:06:52 PM

All our loanees have an option to buy this time around. Even Reed. So we won't have a Mitro or Targett situation where they suddenly increase their asking price by £10 million if they prove themselves while here.

I,m not splitting hairs here I am just trying to understand. For example Knockaert and Cavaleiro signed as loan with option to buy. Reed signed as a loan with the possibility of it being made permanent. Does this mean the option to buys have a price already agreed whereas reed still has to have a price for signing agreed.
I know it's only different words but if the above applies it is not cut and dried and reed could end up like target.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

hovewhite

Quote from: bobby01 on August 11, 2019, 01:44:06 PM

I,m not splitting hairs here I am just trying to understand. For example Knockaert and Cavaleiro signed as loan with option to buy. Reed signed as a loan with the possibility of it being made permanent. Does this mean the option to buys have a price already agreed whereas reed still has to have a price for signing agreed.
I know it's only different words but if the above applies it is not cut and dried and reed could end up like target.
ask TK not us!

Milo

Quote from: hovewhite on August 11, 2019, 01:54:00 PM

ask TK not us!

Good FST q!

Tabby

That is the same wording they used for Arter and Bobby Reid. Arter has an obligation to buy if we get promoted and Warnock has said that the Reid deal is worth £1.5 million more than they bought him for. So they have set fees, and the same wording as the Reed signing.

"Reed joins Fulham on a season-long loan deal, which could be made permanent at a later date."

"The 26-year-old forward (Reid) will remain at Craven Cottage for the duration of the season, in a deal that could later become permanent."

"The deal keeps the 29-year-old (Arter) at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2019/20 season, and could be made permanent next summer."

Logicalman

Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2019, 02:04:34 PM

That is the same wording they used for Arter and Bobby Reid. Arter has an obligation to buy if we get promoted and Warnock has said that the Reid deal is worth £1.5 million more than they bought him for. So they have set fees, and the same wording as the Reed signing.

"Reed joins Fulham on a season-long loan deal, which could be made permanent at a later date."

"The 26-year-old forward (Reid) will remain at Craven Cottage for the duration of the season, in a deal that could later become permanent."

"The deal keeps the 29-year-old (Arter) at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2019/20 season, and could be made permanent next summer."

Obligation or option?

Are we obliged to buy if we get promoted?

Even with Option to buy, does the player not have a final say in this? I'm not so certain that everything is always so cut and dried as some wording might have us believe.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Tabby

This is the wording from Bournemouth.

"The agreement with the Cottagers includes an obligation to buy the midfielder should certain performance-related criteria be met."

The way it usually works with these deals is that we have a contract agreed with Arter before him coming here, and we have to pay if the "performance-related criteria" are met.

Logicalman

Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2019, 02:13:33 PM
This is the wording from Bournemouth.

"The agreement with the Cottagers includes an obligation to buy the midfielder should certain performance-related criteria be met."

The way it usually works with these deals is that we have a contract agreed with Arter before him coming here, and we have to pay if the "performance-related criteria" are met.

I see, risky business I guess, if its based on promotion alone, though I hope its a good price.  :54:

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Ask again at the end of the season. Another trip to Wembley wouldn't go amiss, but isn't rather automatic promotion because then they can properly put plans in place (at least that's what normal clubs would do)!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rational Fan

Our best promotion season team after christmas was awesome, but one game before christmas our forward line was Fonte, Johasen and Ojo, with Graham and Torres coming off the bench. We have clearly improved since then. In addition, FFC are not as dependent on Cairney and in 17/18 we dropped around 32 points with Cairney injuried, not playing a full game and/or returning from injury. Bobby Reid sort of injury proofs fulham from a huge loss of points if Cairney or Mitro aren't playing.

toshes mate

Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2019, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2019, 02:04:34 PM

Obligation or option?

Are we obliged to buy if we get promoted?

Even with Option to buy, does the player not have a final say in this? I'm not so certain that everything is always so cut and dried as some wording might have us believe.
I suspect you are right about player preferences and say, and the loaning club's requirements, equally influencing the loan arrangement.  Reid makes it pretty clear he has 'always wanted to play for FFC' but clearly it still depends upon how the loan pans out.  I suspect, as with all things, the proof will be in the final outcome of the pudding.  I just hope that all the loans are clearer to the loanees than they were when a certain Mr Martin came here.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2019, 08:16:47 AM
Our best promotion season team after christmas was awesome, but one game before christmas our forward line was Fonte, Johasen and Ojo, with Graham and Torres coming off the bench. We have clearly improved since then. In addition, FFC are not as dependent on Cairney and in 17/18 we dropped around 32 points with Cairney injuried, not playing a full game and/or returning from injury. Bobby Reid sort of injury proofs fulham from a huge loss of points if Cairney or Mitro aren't playing.
To be fair the problems of 17/18 were a little bit more complicated than Cairney's fitness, and Mitro didn't even figure until after the winter window.  We had problems on the left (loss of Malone without replacement) and the resulting key issue of where to play R Sessegnon, something SJ pointed out as a conundrum that could have been avoided.  Plus the fact Cairney never really reached his best until the winter window resolved two key positions.  Both flanks could be problematic this season unless the partnerships can be made to work really effectively, and central midfield effectiveness is reduced if they do not.   

The Old Count

Quote from: toshes mate on August 11, 2019, 01:27:54 PM
It will be as successful as Jokanovic's team if it wins promotion this season.  If it doesn't then it will not be as successful.  Any other attempts at comparisons are either premature or largely down to opinion.  The objective is promotion as we have heard from several different places within the Club hierarchy.  That is the target.  If this team hits the target then we may muse as much as we wish to do so upon which promotion team was the better.

The question was, 'was it better.' Not would it be more succesful.

Yes, it probably is better. Will it bemore succesful? Who knows. Other factors such as luck with injuries play a part.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Old Count on August 12, 2019, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 11, 2019, 01:27:54 PM

The question was, 'was it better.' Not would it be more succesful.

Yes, it probably is better. Will it bemore succesful? Who knows. Other factors such as luck with injuries play a part.
Oh do split hairs why don't you...