more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan interview

Started by Fernhurst, August 12, 2019, 08:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on August 12, 2019, 02:24:40 PM
An excellent and informative interview. Also great to hear Sarah's voice again.

0001.jpeg  :plus one:

f321ffc

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 10:02:03 AM
nearly 60 years i have had a season ticket, unbroken, same seat firstmy dad now with wife and kids...even when we were down to 2,000 people.
and the club expect me to pay to see interviews with the man that has single handedy take us backwards and even this window failed to improve the defence. i have to pay to see the captain speak too... i actually think this is a disgraceful insult to me and my loyalty and to others in a similar position.

i refuse to dignify the continuing insult by paying to hear their PR. It might be interesting to see  but certainly not a reason to pay. It does lend weight to the idea the coporate owners of clubs are so discnnected with the fans. when it goes wrong they come crying to us to support them and the club, which last season I did week in week out, and yet I am not allowed to hear from the culprit of last season without paying.

just saying.
Totally agree I'm Fulham through and through but I refuse to pay for it, if my local team little old Torquay Utd can do it free of charge why can't Fulham?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ronnief

With the Khans in charge of the club I feel that they are doing their very best.  Some may think that it is not good enough but Craven Cottage is being developed into a modern stadium. Motspur Park with the addition of the Old Bank Ground is also developing into a top class training base.  The club has come a long way from the days of training on Wimbledon Common. Good on the Khans and I hope they are the guardians of the club for many years to come.

Fernhurst

Hear, hear ..... do you think they should have a stand named after them???  :dft012:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ALG01

Quote from: Ordar on August 12, 2019, 11:29:40 AM
Are people seriously complaining about paying £5 a month, or £45 per year for the FFTV service.... wow.... Thats the price of 1 beer a month. People need to get a grip.

Basically every single club in the country has the same sort of service, didnt they say when it was introduced that it was a mandatory fee from the EFL?

And how many DOF do you hear about doing these interviews? Basically zero. Whether the transfer policy has gone well or not is fine to be argued. But the Khans have put in miles more money into the club for stadium renovation, and the playing squad than any other owners that we've ever had. They're being responsible with FFP, and it was good to hear that he played hard ball with Levy

the money as you say is not excessive, I could aford it and the owners have obviously invested a fortune, no question.

But here's the thing. This is a mega point of pronciple. to hear a interviews with people I am paying for, that I have invested my time, money and emotion in for nearly 60 years, to have a five season tickets costng me fortunes in time and money, I think that, as a matter of principle should be free. i do nto for a second give any kind of mind to what others do, I think we should be better. to have to pay to hear our owners son speak is outrageous the idea I should have to pay to hear the manager speak is an appauling disgrace that the club should be ashamed of. all the fluffy PR stuff that should be a come hither makes me loathe what footbal has become and for you to defend it, wel I do not really know what to say.

I understand the copyright issue re the games, and I can see logic that if you just want to watch on TV and not turn up, fair enough charge for that but to hear the players and club officials speak, that is 100% no doubt a disgrace.

ALG01

having pieced together what TK said.
levy stiched us up with a late agreement. we all know what levy is like so that should not have been an unforeseen issue
we got a few really good signings this window, but somehow did not manage to get a defender becuase of Spurs... do me a favour that is delusional of a serial failure as DoF.
In business you are judged purely on results and in that capacity TK should have been removed from post a long time ago. I repeat wh\t I have said over and over and will continue to say, the man would not get a job at any proper profesional football club. That much remains the case today and we would be well rid of him despite a better transfer window this time because we are still playing russian roulette because of his failed methods and thinking.
that is not being negative it is merely stating cold hard facts.

Roberty

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
levy stiched us up with a late agreement. we all know what levy is like so that should not have been an unforeseen issue
we got a few really good signings this window, but somehow did not manage to get a defender becuase of Spurs... do me a favour that is delusional of a serial failure as DoF.
In business you are judged purely on results and in that capacity TK should have been removed from post a long time ago. I repeat wh\t I have said over and over and will continue to say, the man would not get a job at any proper profesional football club. That much remains the case today and we would be well rid of him despite a better transfer window this time because we are still playing russian roulette because of his failed methods and thinking.

Not hard cold fact - just pushing your opinion - yet again - which of course you are entitled to do
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

mrmicawbers

The good news is we have got the Sess money plus his wages to spend in January.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Andy S on August 12, 2019, 11:01:04 AM
When will people understand that a DOF doesn't have to do interviews like that. Thanks to Sarah for asking the questions that people wanted answered. Thank you to TK as well. If people don't want to pay that is their prerogative. I've paid and I am happy that I have. It beats the readings from the know it all moaners on this site. Saturday has shown that our defence is not as bad as the doom mongers have said.

Pretty much loving this.   If you don't want to pay to see his interview...or to see whatever they stick behind their pay wall, DON'T.

I view all my money spent as an investment into making Fulham a better/bigger football organization.    If I can't afford something I simply won't buy it.  I won't complain that I can't afford it.

YankeeJim

My absolutely beautiful, special one granddaughter turned 21 last month. I remember some 15 years ago at a family gathering I was a bit cross over nothing of consequence. She climbed up in my lap, kissed me on the cheek and said "Poppy, please don't be a grumpy old man".  092.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Robbie on August 12, 2019, 12:48:10 PM
Funny that people are saying TK out !    Basically that would mean the money goes away and we would probably go bust...

1. I don't believe Shahid Khan would do that.
2. If he did, then frankly we would be better off.

PS Haven't seen a TK out in this thread?
You sure you should be called doctor?
More like you should be calling a doctor!

cookieg

Well TK isn't going anywhere so why not let all that anger go and focus your energies on something which doesn't cause you so much grief. Life is too short.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 12, 2019, 06:18:34 PM
When will people understand that a DOF doesn't have to do interviews like that. Thanks to Sarah for asking the questions that people wanted answered. Thank you to TK as well. If people don't want to pay that is their prerogative. I've paid and I am happy that I have. It beats the readings from the know it all moaners on this site. Saturday has shown that our defence is not as bad as the doom mongers have said.

Pretty much flipping this.   If you don't want to pay to see his interview...or to see whatever they stick behind their pay wall, DON'T.

I view all my money spent as an investment into making Fulham a better/bigger football organization.    If I can't afford something I simply won't buy it.  I won't complain that I can't afford it.

The point was not the price in itself, I believe, but the principle. Hence, for the sake of that discussion it may not be very important whether or not someone can afford it (I think most can).

ALG01

Quote from: cookieg on August 12, 2019, 06:36:45 PM

Well TK isn't going anywhere so why not let all that anger go and focus your energies on something which doesn't cause you so much grief. Life is too short.

believe me it is not anger, it just frustration at things that easilly done correctly being done very incorrectly.

ALG01

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 12, 2019, 06:33:05 PM

My absolutely beautiful, special one granddaughter turned 21 last month. I remember some 15 years ago at a family gathering I was a bit cross over nothing of consequence. She climbed up in my lap, kissed me on the cheek and said "Poppy, please don't be a grumpy old man".  092.gif

my kids and grandkids do that too (more or less). But I am not here being grumpy, honest. This is wrong and I wamnt it to be right.

ALG01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 12, 2019, 06:18:34 PM

Pretty much flipping this.   If you don't want to pay to see his interview...or to see whatever they stick behind their pay wall, DON'T.

I can afford it. It is principle. this shoulkd be free, i understand the matches are not, bu the rest, the interviews and stuff like really should be. I spend a fortune on my season tickets for me and the family, I have had it for nearly 60 years so my comitment is absolute and unquestinable. the away places I have been too putting club before family on a wing and a prayer... and these people think it 'reasonable' to ask me in addition to pay to hear them talk. It woiuld be nice, and decent if they did, it is a penny pinching false economy to make me pay to hear the owners son that has fouled up big time speaking to us the paying public for free. Sorry f you cannot see the overwhelming reasonableness of this.

ALG01

Quote from: Roberty on August 12, 2019, 05:47:50 PM

Not hard cold fact - just pushing your opinion - yet again - which of course you are entitled to do

well he has blamed spurs for our inabilty to get a defender or two, that is fact.
he has repeatedly failed, that is fact

getting him to take a side step for the betterment of the team is opinion based on the first three facts.
I did not think it needed spelling out.

and by the way, who elses opinion do i need to push, should I tow the party line. Did you know that inside the stadium and in the cafe before the game and in the concourse, the majority of [people I hear speaking share my view or a very close approximation to it. Just on this MB can you find so many people willing to put up wiith whatever dross is offered.

so for the good of us all i will continue to speak up. Things could be so much better.
he would not get a job elsewhere, that is fact

toshes mate

Just for the mix of this thread I'll give you guys an example of what I find incomprehensible about Tony Khan, the inconsistencies in some of what he says in the FFCTV piece of which there are a good few.  Sarah Brookes mentions that Scott Parker has said how pleased he is with the summer windows recruitment.  In response he says 'I am pleased to hear that SP said that' and then corrects himself in almost the same breath with 'of course I knew that already internally'.    I am afraid that is where he leaves me cold.

He needs a really careful ear listening to him and believe me I found it really painful to do it the first time and so I am not going to repeat the exercise anytime soon.

colinwhite

I think TK is doing a good job .I have no problem with a pay wall.I am not entitled to anything  having supported the club for 52 years (which is totally irrelevant to any discussion). To suggest we would be better off without the khans is ridiculous. They seem to be decent people and want the best for our club. Some people are never happy . Thank god they aren't running the club !!
If Hector had come in for 6million or whatever would you be happy then ? no i didnt think so.

YankeeJim

Quote from: toshes mate on August 12, 2019, 07:04:21 PM
Just for the mix of this thread I'll give you guys an example of what I find incomprehensible about Tony Khan, the inconsistencies in some of what he says in the FFCTV piece of which there are a good few.  Sarah Brookes mentions that Scott Parker has said how pleased he is with the summer windows recruitment.  In response he says 'I am pleased to hear that SP said that' and then corrects himself in almost the same breath with 'of course I knew that already internally'.    I am afraid that is where he leaves me cold.

He needs a really careful ear listening to him and believe me I found it really painful to do it the first time and so I am not going to repeat the exercise anytime soon.

I see your point but you have a man speaking on behalf of the club, knowing that if he says something silly it'll be blown out of proportion. Even though it is a friendly interview, he has to be careful. It might also have been something that SP said in passing and only then popped into TK head. The man is roundly criticized on far too many instances so maybe he is simply a bit gun shy.  I'm sure that if he himself doesn't do it, he has someone who monitors websites such as FOF. Anybody in the entertainment business  wants  to know what the fan base is saying. Truth be told, "outsiders" have to earn their way in. Remember all the negative comments about "Woy" and his boring football?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.