watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan interview

Started by Fernhurst, August 12, 2019, 08:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

A decent talk through of the transfer window and pretty much confirmation we are going back in for Hector, but, astutely shifted the spotlight on to Scotty regarding lack of defenders coming in. 
Good confirmation also of the situation re Ryan's transfer, as we suspected Levy is an utter tw**
Expects Steven Sess to be a starter at RB this season.
Very much Expects promotion as Scotty has all the tools he requires.

One question. Was that Sarah Brooke's interviewing him?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

A very honest explanation of the transfer window. He & his team put in a lot of hours.Not as easy as some on here who allude to his job.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KJS

Very good insight into the transfer window good for TK to explain in detail the goings on and yes it did sound like Sarah Brooks doing the interview  :54:

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
A very honest explanation of the transfer window. He & his team put in a lot of hours.Not as easy as some on here who allude to his job.

I've never seen anyone claim it was easy - just that other clubs have more success, or systems we should be looking to.

Anyway, anyone with a TL;DR on the interview?

God knows why anyone would be happy to have Brookes back btw, but each to their own.

Ordar

Can I just say what an excellent insight that interview was. TK gets alot of unwarranted flack on here, but everything he said makes sense. Good to hear that Parker is incredibly involved in the transfers, and that Ivan and Anthony were our top 2 targets. The club are being very sensible with the FFP stuff aswell, which can only be a good thing for the fans.

I reckon we'll be back in for Hector in January. Arter was very much a SP pick by the sounds of it, and seems like a masterstroke at this point.

What I thought was the most interesting about the whole thing, was how much interaction TK has with the players. Mentioning how he sat down with Mitro and SSess specifically to have frank conversations about their futures.

grandad

Sarah is the best interviewer we have ever had. We have missed her over the last couple of years.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Dodgin

Very informative, seems to be a very positive guy. Not to be underestimated. Really good interview. Should stop some of the groaning for awhile.

gang

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
Sarah is the best interviewer we have ever had. We have missed her over the last couple of years.

+1

AnOldBrownie

Nice interview.

I'm willing to ride along with Tony as he has his growing pains as director of football as long as he learns from his mistakes.

Like I said...good transfer window.

We'll know after this season if Steven Sess is the future of our RB position. (Didn't know he was nursing an injury himself).

Come on Fulham!!

ALG01

nearly 60 years i have had a season ticket, unbroken, same seat firstmy dad now with wife and kids...even when we were down to 2,000 people.
and the club expect me to pay to see interviews with the man that has single handedy take us backwards and even this window failed to improve the defence. i have to pay to see the captain speak too... i actually think this is a disgraceful insult to me and my loyalty and to others in a similar position.

i refuse to dignify the continuing insult by paying to hear their PR. It might be interesting to see  but certainly not a reason to pay. It does lend weight to the idea the coporate owners of clubs are so discnnected with the fans. when it goes wrong they come crying to us to support them and the club, which last season I did week in week out, and yet I am not allowed to hear from the culprit of last season without paying.

just saying.

toshes mate

Thank goodness for Sarah Brookes, the consummate professional interviewer.  A lot of fast talk from TK which could be taken in many different ways but I did note the polygraph was well hidden from view (just kidding folks). 

Much better quality stuff from FFCTV (keep it up), and miles better than the infamous podcast from TK.  He still doesn't convince me he is really competent, something that will not bother him in the least, but perhaps he is at least beginning to try to be better at his tasks.

ffcthereligion

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Ordar on August 12, 2019, 09:18:21 AM
Can I just say what an excellent insight that interview was. TK gets alot of unwarranted flack on here, but everything he said makes sense. Good to hear that Parker is incredibly involved in the transfers, and that Ivan and Anthony were our top 2 targets. The club are being very sensible with the FFP stuff aswell, which can only be a good thing for the fans.

I reckon we'll be back in for Hector in January. Arter was very much a SP pick by the sounds of it, and seems like a masterstroke at this point.

What I thought was the most interesting about the whole thing, was how much interaction TK has with the players. Mentioning how he sat down with Mitro and SSess specifically to have frank conversations about their futures.

Why do you find it interesting? He's DoFO - it is literally his job? Well, one of. If he isn't sitting down with them, who on Earth would be?

And when you say unwarranted, is it really? He himself has said he deserves to shoulder blame, so I could abide it if you said that some criticism was over the top, but unwarranted?

Dr Quinzel

Agree with ALG - paying, or at least being expected to pay, to hear PR is really something. I'm sure they'll review this at some point.

Lighthouse

Wasn't the interview behind a paywall? I am sure it would have supported my theory that TK isn't the idiot people claim him to be. But it also reiterates my theory that football is just screwing the fans out of money at every opportunity. When it is free I will listen to it. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JoelH5

Great interview. Good to be given some clarity. It seems like he is making a conscious effort to explain things a little more to the fans
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2019, 10:12:42 AM
Wasn't the interview behind a paywall? I am sure it would have supported my theory that TK isn't the idiot people claim him to be. But it also reiterates my theory that football is just screwing the fans out of money at every opportunity. When it is free I will listen to it. 
I did start taking notes but gave up after about three minutes simply because TK's fast talk goes all over the place with repetitions and his self corrections obscuring coherency.  The one redeeming feature was Sarah Brookes's summarizing of his answers often in very few words.

fulhamphil

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
What a truly preposterous thing to post. Based on what exactly? The woman is toxic - ask any staffer at Motspur Park

colinwhite

Good interview and glad to see the willingness to inform the fanbase on how things went down.

snarks

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 10:02:03 AM
nearly 60 years i have had a season ticket, unbroken, same seat firstmy dad now with wife and kids...even when we were down to 2,000 people.
and the club expect me to pay to see interviews with the man that has single handedy take us backwards and even this window failed to improve the defence. i have to pay to see the captain speak too... i actually think this is a disgraceful insult to me and my loyalty and to others in a similar position.

i refuse to dignify the continuing insult by paying to hear their PR. It might be interesting to see  but certainly not a reason to pay. It does lend weight to the idea the coporate owners of clubs are so discnnected with the fans. when it goes wrong they come crying to us to support them and the club, which last season I did week in week out, and yet I am not allowed to hear from the culprit of last season without paying.

just saying.

If you have seen the club down to 2,000 fans, then the phrase taken us backward is just wrong, you've seen Ernie Clay and you think what they have done is worse? For that I'm baffled. If you are saying worse than MAF you may have a point, but are they prepared to back the manager and the club financially? It certainly seems so to me.

I completely understand about the paywall though, I do find that odd. That is the sort of thing should be free for fans to see.