watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan interview

Started by Fernhurst, August 12, 2019, 08:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

David Levy assumed Tony Khan would buy players before deadline day and be forced to sell Sessegnon or Cairney. Maybe David Levy isn't so smart, Tony Khan has proven himself capable of waiting til deadline day again and again.

Andy S

When will people understand that a DOF doesn't have to do interviews like that. Thanks to Sarah for asking the questions that people wanted answered. Thank you to TK as well. If people don't want to pay that is their prerogative. I've paid and I am happy that I have. It beats the readings from the know it all moaners on this site. Saturday has shown that our defence is not as bad as the doom mongers have said.

hovewhite

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 10:02:03 AM
nearly 60 years i have had a season ticket, unbroken, same seat firstmy dad now with wife and kids...even when we were down to 2,000 people.
and the club expect me to pay to see interviews with the man that has single handedy take us backwards and even this window failed to improve the defence. i have to pay to see the captain speak too... i actually think this is a disgraceful insult to me and my loyalty and to others in a similar position.

i refuse to dignify the continuing insult by paying to hear their PR. It might be interesting to see  but certainly not a reason to pay. It does lend weight to the idea the coporate owners of clubs are so discnnected with the fans. when it goes wrong they come crying to us to support them and the club, which last season I did week in week out, and yet I am not allowed to hear from the culprit of last season without paying.

just saying.
I'm with you, disgusting in my view.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: snarks on August 12, 2019, 10:48:47 AM
nearly 60 years i have had a season ticket, unbroken, same seat firstmy dad now with wife and kids...even when we were down to 2,000 people.
and the club expect me to pay to see interviews with the man that has single handedy take us backwards and even this window failed to improve the defence. i have to pay to see the captain speak too... i actually think this is a disgraceful insult to me and my loyalty and to others in a similar position.

i refuse to dignify the continuing insult by paying to hear their PR. It might be interesting to see  but certainly not a reason to pay. It does lend weight to the idea the coporate owners of clubs are so discnnected with the fans. when it goes wrong they come crying to us to support them and the club, which last season I did week in week out, and yet I am not allowed to hear from the culprit of last season without paying.

just saying.

If you have seen the club down to 2,000 fans, then the phrase taken us backward is just wrong, you've seen Ernie Clay and you think what they have done is worse? For that I'm baffled. If you are saying worse than MAF you may have a point, but are they prepared to back the manager and the club financially? It certainly seems so to me.

I completely understand about the paywall though, I do find that odd. That is the sort of thing should be free for fans to see.
1.Why do we have to compare TK to an owner, when the criticism is generally of their work within the club and not the Khan's intentions/ownership? Compare him to someone else in a similar professional role.

2. Why always compare to the worst? Do we have to have it at the point of the club being asset stripped before we can discuss failure? That is absurd.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

Quote from: snarks on August 12, 2019, 10:48:47 AM

If you have seen the club down to 2,000 fans, then the phrase taken us backward is just wrong, you've seen Ernie Clay and you think what they have done is worse? For that I'm baffled. If you are saying worse than MAF you may have a point, but are they prepared to back the manager and the club financially? It certainly seems so to me.

I completely understand about the paywall though, I do find that odd. That is the sort of thing should be free for fans to see.

Surely the "taking us backwards" comment does not mean that TK has taken us down to the worst point in the history of the club, because if he believed that I assume that ALGO1 would have written that. In this case I think you should take the comment as meaning exactly what it means, namely that we have gone backwards (as opposed to standing still or going forwards or sideways), which must be seen from a specific point in time (in this case it would surely be from when TK took over). Whether or not we have gone backwards is of course debatable.

Dr Quinzel

Yeah, I'm fine with that, but it's am old trope people constantly pull out to defend (who knows why) failures. Since the Khan's took over we have gone backwards and since TK, we are stagnant - my personal view.

KJS

just saying.

Time to hang up your scarf mate  :doh:

JoelH5

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 11:24:15 AM
Yeah, I'm fine with that, but it's am old trope people constantly pull out to defend (who knows why) failures. Since the Khan's took over we have gone backwards and since TK, we are stagnant - my personal view.

When Al'Fayed sold us, he left us with an ageing squad. Relegation wasn't down to the Khans. The club in my opinion is way healthier now than it was in Al'fayed's last season. 100 million spent on Motspur, the same on Craven Cottage. A team which is miles better than what we had in the last season too.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Ordar

Are people seriously complaining about paying £5 a month, or £45 per year for the FFTV service.... wow.... Thats the price of 1 beer a month. People need to get a grip.

Basically every single club in the country has the same sort of service, didnt they say when it was introduced that it was a mandatory fee from the EFL?

And how many DOF do you hear about doing these interviews? Basically zero. Whether the transfer policy has gone well or not is fine to be argued. But the Khans have put in miles more money into the club for stadium renovation, and the playing squad than any other owners that we've ever had. They're being responsible with FFP, and it was good to hear that he played hard ball with Levy

colinwhite

Quote from: Ordar on August 12, 2019, 11:29:40 AM
Are people seriously complaining about paying £5 a month, or £45 per year for the FFTV service.... wow.... Thats the price of 1 beer a month. People need to get a grip.

Basically every single club in the country has the same sort of service, didnt they say when it was introduced that it was a mandatory fee from the EFL?

Totally agree

And how many DOF do you hear about doing these interviews? Basically zero. Whether the transfer policy has gone well or not is fine to be argued. But the Khans have put in miles more money into the club for stadium renovation, and the playing squad than any other owners that we've ever had. They're being responsible with FFP, and it was good to hear that he played hard ball with Levy

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 12, 2019, 11:27:00 AM

When Al'Fayed sold us, he left us with an ageing squad. Relegation wasn't down to the Khans. The club in my opinion is way healthier now than it was in Al'fayed's last season. 100 million spent on Motspur, the same on Craven Cottage. A team which is miles better than what we had in the last season too.
We all knew you'd think that, Joel!

Anyway, taking the thread off of the discussion, so let's not dwell on that question

toshes mate

The cost of FFCTV is irrelevant to the argument that an interview with our co-owner, vice chair, and DoF should be free to all including those who don't wish to purchase FFCTV.  What happens/ed in transfer windows should be accessible to all who support FFC although I do understand why the Offal hasn't transcribed what TK said, or provided subtitles or closed captions with the video/audio - it would take a month of Sundays.

JoelH5

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 11:36:36 AM

Anyway, taking the thread off of the discussion, so let's not dwell on that question

Ok Statto
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Dr Quinzel

Yes, we are.

And it is in TK's benefit to do them. It is mutually beneficial after all, no?

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 12, 2019, 11:41:37 AM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 11:36:36 AM

Ok Statto
Nope. New pseudonym on here after removing an older account, but not posting as anyone else.

Fernhurst

My God
When the classiest stand in the country is built and FFC are back in the Premier League we expect to have
AlGO1 and Dr Quinzal back on here singing a duet " for he's a jolly good fellow"

To call Snarks "absurd" because he believes our club is in a decent place is quite frankly daft.

Regarding the paywall........ I would pay double for access and my first game was in 1956.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
A very honest explanation of the transfer window. He & his team put in a lot of hours.Not as easy as some on here who allude to his job.

I've never seen anyone claim it was easy - just that other clubs have more success, or systems we should be looking to.

Anyway, anyone with a TL;DR on the interview?

God knows why anyone would be happy to have Brookes back btw, but each to their own.

Name all of the other clubs that have more success?

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 12, 2019, 11:52:32 AM
My God
When the classiest stand in the country is built and FFC are back in the Premier League we expect to have
AlGO1 and Dr Quinzal back on here singing a duet " for he's a jolly good fellow"

To call Snarks "absurd" because he believes our club is in a decent place is quite frankly daft.

Regarding the paywall........ I would pay double for access and my first game was in 1956.
Not what I said nor intended Fenhurst.

I said it is absurd when people only compare the Khan's to the worst possible ownership in order to argue everything in the most positive light. It's better to be more balanced than that.

I have never knocked Shad nor Tony for their intentions, only Tony for his ability and results, and Shad for appointing him at all. And when Tony does well, which he does occasionally, I'll always credit too.

Tabby

Sounds like my theory that Poch was pressuring Levy to get the deal done is correct.

The Bobby Reid loan is a transfer in all but name it seems, probably a gentleman's agreement that they'll get the rest of the fee in January.

Happy to hear that Steven Sess will get a shot.

Also, there was apparently a €50 million bid for Mitro from China, hadn't heard of that before.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 12, 2019, 11:53:49 AM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
A very honest explanation of the transfer window. He & his team put in a lot of hours.Not as easy as some on here who allude to his job.

I've never seen anyone claim it was easy - just that other clubs have more success, or systems we should be looking to.

Anyway, anyone with a TL;DR on the interview?

God knows why anyone would be happy to have Brookes back btw, but each to their own.

Name all of the other clubs that have more success?
Brentford have a more successful transfer strategy than us. Barnsley. West Ham. Burnley. That is just off of the top of my head and without thinking about Europe. There's plenty of teams doing well, better and that we can learn from.

Anyway, like I said - this is for a different thread. Back to discussing the interview. Anyone fancy a tl;dr?