more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 13/08/19...

Started by WhiteJC, August 13, 2019, 07:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Loan Watch: Reed makes Fulham debut

Harrison Reed made his Fulham debut from the bench as they secured their first victory since relegation from the Premier League, against Blackburn Rovers.

A stunning Tom Cairney effort from 25 yards on 34 minutes broke the deadlock, before Aleksandar Mitrovic's finish from Joe Bryan's cross sealed all three points for Scott Parker's side.

Reed was introduced on 79 minutes for Ivan Cavaleiro having joined on deadline day and Fulham now sit 11th in the Championship after two games, with a trip to Huddersfield Town next up.

Alfie Jones played the duration of Gillingham's meeting with Burton Albion in League One, but couldn't help prevent them slipping to a 2-1 defeat.

Ouss Cisse had fired the Gills in front after seven minutes, but Everton loanee Nathan Broadhead's first senior goals in quick succession before the break saw the game turned on its head.

In the National League, Tyreke Johnson was a second-half substitute as Woking earned a 1-0 home victory over Harrogate Town.

The winger replaced Dave Tarpey on 69 minutes, as Shaun Donnellan's first-half strike proved the difference at The Laithwaite Community Stadium.

Jack Rose was a substitute as Walsall were held to a 1-1 draw by Forest Green. Former Southampton man Joseph Mills put the visitors ahead from the penalty spot, but the Saddlers rescued a point late on, through substitute James Hardy, to maintain their unbeaten start.

Elsewhere, Harry Hamblin played the full 90 minutes as Bath City recorded a 3-0 away success against Welling United, thanks to goals from Alex Hartridge, Tyler Harvey and Tom Richards.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-12/loan-watch-harrison-reed-makes-fulham-debut-in-blackburn-victory

WhiteJC

O'Neill: Blew Them Away

Ollie O'Neill saluted the intensity of his side but called for consistency as the Under-18s marked their season opener with a 4-0 win over Spurs.

Three goals spread across 15 minutes stunned the visitors with Sylvester Jasper, Jay Stansfield and O'Neill doing the damage.

"Against a team like Tottenham it made for a great performance." He told fulhamfc.com. "We came out strongly and blew them away a little bit. We know we played well but it's about maintaining that and keeping these performances going through into next week and the week after. I'm sure we'll keep picking up results.

"I think we wanted to make sure whatever shape we played, or whatever formation we played, we played with intensity. As much as tactics help us, we need to get our players playing to their strengths. We came out with great desire and fired balls in behind. That's going to help us really unsettle teams.

"The intensity of the lads was incredible today. We kept our shape really well. We can tick off this box with a win but we need to reset and build when we play Norwich."

The new scholar featured for the first 90 minutes since a long lay-off last season and the midfielder wants to keep building his fitness to reach his peak physical condition.

"This was the first 90 minutes since my injury. It's always nice to add a goal with it. I'm aiming to keep getting these minutes under my belt with a good consistency. It was a tap-in so I'm not going to dwell on it too much! The milestones and bench marks for me are nice to hit so I'll keep pushing myself."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/oneill-post-spurs

WhiteJC

Opoku Commits

The Club can confirm that Jerome Opoku has signed a contract until June 2021. We hold the option to extend this by a further year.

The commanding centre half has had numerous involvements in the first team set-up this season including appearances against Burnley in Portugal, Cambridge and Oxford United.

The 20-year-old flourished after a run of games in Mark Pembridge's PL2 team last season, including claiming the captain's armband at the back end of the season.

Shortly after putting pen to paper, Opoku expressed his delight at extending his stay with Fulham.

"It's been a great journey working towards this." He told fulhamfc.com. "I've just been working hard and keeping my head down.

"My goal is to fully breakthrough. I need to keep staying in or around the first team and doing my thing so I can achieve that.

"The first contract was completely different to this one as it's been really good for me and everyone around me to be working towards this massive achievement."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/jerome-opoku-contract

WhiteJC

3 things we clearly learnt about Fulham after their 2-0 win over Blackburn

Following what was undoubtedly a worrying wake-up call on the opening weekend of the Championship season, Fulham and their fans will have been desperate to see a response as soon as possible.

And that is what they got on Saturday when Tony Mowbray brought his Blackburn Rovers side to Craven Cottage as the Whites found their attacking flare.

Despite looking shaky at the back in the early stages up against an energetic Rovers front-line, the home side started to assert their authority.

A stunning Tom Cairney goal opened proceedings just before half-time and towards the end of the second period, Aleksandar Mitrovic tapped home a second after good work from Joe Bryan.

It was just the response that Scott Parker will have been hoping to see and it undoubtedly relieves some pressure on himself that would have mounted with a failure to win.

But what did we learn about his side?

Knockaert essential
The Frenchman was given his first start for his new club and he became an instant hit with the fans.

Whilst his end product was somewhat lacking on Saturday, his pace and trickery on the ball coupled with an overwhelming desire to chase down any lost causes made him an instant hit with his new fans.

He has proven before that he is too good for this level and against Rovers it showed again in flashed.

Arter effective
Following defeat to Barnsley, one of the most prominent complaints from fans was the lack of protection offered to the defence by the midfield.

That was a problem the club moved to solve on deadline day with the loan signing of Harry Arter from Bournemouth and he was thrown straight in from the start on Saturday.

His rampant energy and positional sense made an instant impact, helping to stifle the likes of Bradley Dack and others from creating. Expect him to be an ever-present in that role from now on.

Defensive worries remain
It is clear that Parker wants his side playing out from the back at every possible opportunity, and he has to be respected for that.

However, it was clear, especially in the first half, that when pressured high, there were plenty of cracks on show with neither Alfie Mawson or Tim Ream looking particularly comfortable – frequently opting to simply pass between themselves.

It is a system that may well take time to perfect, especially among the defenders, and when it does it will no doubt work well. But for now, a few concerns should remain.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-we-clearly-learnt-about-fulham-after-their-2-0-win-over-blackburn/

WhiteJC

Talking Points: Blackburn

We look at five talking points that came out of Fulham's 2-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

1. Ream's return

Having been heavily involved in the United States' run to the Gold Cup Final over the summer, Tim Ream was left out of the matchday squad against Barnsley to allow him some extra recovery time. He was back with aplomb on Saturday, though, with a defensive masterclass to help Fulham claim a clean sheet in our maiden Craven Cottage outing. Ream was unflappable at the back, showing a glimpse of the form that saw him named our Player of the Season the last time we were in the Championship.

2. Empty Riverside Stand

With work having already begun on the Riverside renovation, the stand looked somewhat eerie with all the seats removed. It didn't seem to affect the atmosphere, however, with the home fans in the Putney, Johnny Haynes and Hammersmith ends all in fine voice. Some action shots with the Riverside Stand as a backdrop had a bit of a 'pre-season abroad' vibe about them – something we'll get used to as the campaign progresses.

3. Collective joy

One such photograph taken after our second goal perfectly encapsulates the team spirit in the ranks when we find the net. Aleksandar Mitrović runs towards the Cottage in celebration, flanked by an airborne Anthony Knockaert and the wide-grinning pair of Tom Cairney and Bobby Decordova-Reid. (See also: Alfie Mawson's little jump and punch after Cairney bent in the opener).

4. Arter: fan favourite potential

After joining the Club on loan from AFC Bournemouth on Tuesday, Harry Arter was put straight into the starting line-up against Blackburn Rovers, and proceeded to run the show. Throwing himself in front of shots, intelligent midfield play, assisting the opener and constantly running are just some of the ingredients which suggest the 29-year-old will become a popular figure amongst the Fulham faithful. (Spoiler: he's absolutely walked the Man of the Match vote).

5. Cairney's magic left foot

Fulham fans have seen enough Tom Cairney worldies over the years that Saturday's screamer came as little surprise. So sweet was the connection that it was in from the moment it left his foot, and one almost feels sorry for the Rovers goalkeeper who was left clutching at thin air. The Hammy End rising as one in celebration of the quality of the hit was a sight to behold, and one that is hopefully a regular occurrence this season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/talking-points-blackburn-rovers

WhiteJC

Fulham chief furious with Tottenham over handling of Ryan Sessegnon transfer

The 19-year-old joined Spurs on deadline day but it left Fulham little time to arrange signing a replacement

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has hit out at Tottenham over their handling of Ryan Sessegnon's transfer.

Spurs moved to sign Sessegnon on deadline day in a £25 million switch after being long-term admirers of the 19-year-old.

But Khan blasted their behaviour in the negotiations and stated the lateness of the deal meant Fulham were unable to sign a replacement.

Speaking to Fulham's official website , Khan said: "We heard from them [Tottenham] for the first time two weeks before the close of the window.

"We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that.

"It seemed like it might be a likely scenario when he still had not heard from them a couple of weeks out, which is why I was doing loan deals where we knew the club would compliant with Financial Fair Play [FFP] rules.

"We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less than our asking price, which is exactly what we got.

"If it was a penny less than our asking price I was perfectly fine for the player to wind his contract down."

Sessegnon's deal at Craven Cottage was set to expire at the end of this season, but he has now agreed a six-year contract at Spurs.

Fulham were hopeful of landing Chelsea centre-back Michael Hector before the window closed, but couldn't as they were still waiting on the agreement for Sessegnon to be completed.

The Cottagers were then forced to go for other targets on loan in order to comply with FFP regulations.

Khan added: "We were so far apart that 24 hours before the deadline I was prepared for Ryan to stay at Fulham this year.

"We were going to get every penny that we asked for, and we got every penny we asked for. I wish it had not taken so long.

"People have said 'you knew you were going to get the money, why did you not go out and spend it?' No, until we had every penny in hand I was not going to go out and spend it.

"It was not until the middle of the afternoon on deadline day that we actually had a signed agreement. There were multiple breakdowns in the closing days.

"I was glad we had done some deals early [in the window]. But the stuff we did on deadline day was greatly impacted by the sale that went through late on deadline day.

"We got Harrison Reed down to a loan with Southampton that we could do no matter what happened with our sale.

"Then we had Bobby Reid and another transfer we were trying to do. Bobby Reid I negotiated in loan in the final hours, and the Josh Onomah swap.

"The transfer [for Hector] I was hoping to get across but was not able to do because I did not have the money.

"The Ryan Sessegnon situation was definitely the catalyst as to why we were not able to get that transfer across. In terms of FFP compliance, it would not have been a move that was suitable for the club if we had not got that transfer over the line."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-chief-furious-tottenham-over-18919555

WhiteJC

Barnsley 'increasingly concerned' over racist chanting from fans about defender Bambo Diaby's manhood as they sing 'his c***'* f****** massive'

Barnsley have asked supporters to stop from signing an offensive chant
    It is the second time in recent weeks that they have addressed the problem
    Barnsley return to action on Tuesday night at Oakwell in the Carabao Cup

Barnsley have issued a second statement asking supporters to stop offensive chanting about defender Bambo Diaby and the club say they are 'increasingly concerned' about having to readdress the problem.

They first released a statement on July 29 after chants had been heard during a pre-season match against Sheffield United with the song 'Bambo Diaby, he hates Wednesday, he hates United, his c***'* f****** massive.'

Their latest press release comes after Kick It Out reported that the song about the Barnsley defender was heard in the game against Fulham on August 3. Barnsley won the game 1-0.

Barnsley have issued a second statement asking supporters to stop offensive chanting

The club's statement on Monday says they are 'becoming increasingly concerned with the behaviour of a minority of supporters.

'Prior to the first home match of the season, the club issued a statement to supporters urging them to behave in the correct manner.

'Unfortunately, it is becoming clear that some are intent on causing issues. This is not acceptable and can't continue.

Kick It Out said Barnsley defender Bambo Diaby received abuse in the Fulham match last week

'The club is liaising with Kick It Out regarding the ongoing chant, which contains stereotypical language that can be viewed as derogatory and offensive. Once again, we would like to ask everyone to stop this chant.'

Barnsley's next match is on Tuesday, at home against Carlisle in the Carabao Cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7349071/Barnsley-increasingly-concerned-offensive-chanting-supporters.html

WhiteJC

Newport County academy star Jay Williams signs for Fulham

MOVE: Newport County academy star Jay Williams has joined Fulham. Picture: @nicnacnoopixs

NEWPORT County AFC academy star Jay Williams has sealed a dream move to Championship club Fulham.

The 16-year-old defender has moved to Craven Cottage for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

Williams has been part of the County academy set-up for three years.

Back in January 2018, he joined Port Talbot Town on a youth loan deal until the end of the season and picked up valuable first-team experience at Welsh League Division One level with the Steelmen.

Recently, the talented teenager has been involved in several first-team pre-season friendly matches and has also been called up by Wales at under-16 and under-18 level.

After the transfer was finalised, academy manager Jorden Gibson said: "I am delighted to see Jay move to a club like Fulham, not only is it excellent for him but also adds to the growing reputation of academy players coming through our ranks and this move demonstrates the direction in which the academy is moving.

"Jay has been outstanding since I joined Newport and certainly earned the right for this move.

"He works hard, has the right attitude and definitely has the potential. On behalf of everyone at the club, I wish him all the best for the future."

Fulham confirmed that Williams joins them following a successful trial during pre-season, which saw him feature above his years against Bournemouth and QPR under-23s.

"I'm over the moon to sign for such a big club like Fulham and I can't wait to get started," he told fulhamfc.com.

"My trial went really well and now I'm getting to know the boys it's all going nicely.

"Playing in the under-23s whilst on trial is a challenging and good environment, but I'm enjoying it.

"The boys have had a great start against Spurs and they're all really good players, hopefully I can add a bit extra.

"Newport is a great club. They've done a lot for me over the last three years. My goal here is to progress into the under-23s and work towards my pro contract."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/football/newportcounty/17831949.newport-county-academy-star-jay-williams-signs-fulham/

WhiteJC

PLAYER NEWS | Academy Defender Jay Williams joins EFL Championship outfit Fulham FC

Newport County AFC can confirm 16-year-old defender Jay Williams has today completed a transfer to Championship Club Fulham FC for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

Jay has been part of the NCAFC Academy setup for three years.

Recently, Jay has been involved in several first-team pre-season friendly matches and has also been involved in training camps with the Wales Under-16 and Under-18 squads.

Back in January 2018 the defender joined Port Talbot Town on a youth loan deal until the end of the season and picked up valuable first-team experience at Welsh League Division One level with The Steelmen.

After the transfer was finalised, NCAFC Academy Manager Jorden Gibson said:"I am delighted to see Jay move to a club like Fulham, not only is it excellent for him but also adds to the growing reputation of Academy players coming through our ranks and this move demonstrates the direction in which the academy is moving towards.

"Jay has been outstanding since I joined Newport and certainly earned the right for this move. He works hard, has the right attitude and definitely has the potential. On behalf of everyone at NCAFC, I wish him all the best for the future."

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2019/august/jay-williams-transfer-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Jay Williams Signs

We are pleased to confirm the signing of highly rated Newport County defender Jay Williams on a scholarship basis.

The 16-year-old joins the club following a successful trial during pre-season which saw him feature above his years against Bournemouth and QPR Under-23s.

The centre half was called up to the Wales Under-17 National side in November and impressed in Newport's pre-season.

"I'm over the moon to sign for such a big club like Fulham and I can't wait to get started." He told fulhamfc.com. "My trial went really well and now I'm getting to know the boys it's all going nicely.

"Playing in the Under-23s whilst on trial is a challenging and good environment, but I'm enjoying it.

"The boys have had a great start against Spurs and they're all really good players, hopefully I can add a bit extra.

"Newport is a great club. They've done a lot for me over the last three years. My goal here is to progress into the Under-23s and work towards my pro contract."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/jay-williams-signs

WhiteJC

Fulham swoop for exciting League Two talent

Fulham have signed 16-year-old Jay Williams from Newport County on a scholarship basis, as reported by their official site.

The Exiles academy star joins after a trial with the Championship side, during which he impressed the watching coaches. he's already got Welsh Under 17 honours and has moved for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

Williams plays as a centre half and had been involved in several of his club's pre-season matches, another chance he seized with both hands.

There is no malice following the move from the Exiles, with academy manager Jorden Gibson saying: "I am delighted to see Jay move to a club like Fulham, not only is it excellent for him but also adds to the growing reputation of academy players coming through our ranks and this move demonstrates the direction in which the academy is moving.

"Jay has been outstanding since I joined Newport and certainly earned the right for this move."

Williams is delighted to have bagged a move, telling Fulham's official site; "I'm over the moon to sign for such a big club like Fulham and I can't wait to get started. My trial went really well and now I'm getting to know the boys it's all going nicely.

"Playing in the Under-23s whilst on trial is a challenging and good environment, but I'm enjoying it. The boys have had a great start against Spurs and they're all really good players, hopefully I can add a bit extra.

Newport have started their season with two draws, the most recent of which came this weekend against Cambridge United.

Our View

It's always bittersweet to see moves like this. Of course, it's great for Newport who get money, and for the young lad who gets to go to a bigger club with good facilities.

I just feel his route to senior football has got further, not shorter. Sometimes, that senior exposure is what makes a player into a star. Nice academies and facilities are all well and good, but Under 23 football is no substitute for the real thing.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2019/08/12/fulham-swoop-for-exciting-league-two-talent/

WhiteJC

Man of the Match Result

Harry Arter has marked his Fulham debut by taking home the Man of the Match award.

Operating in a holding midfield role, Arter saw more of the ball than anyone else on the pitch, with his 88 touches equating to just under one a minute.

Despite operating at the base of the midfield, Arter still got forward well when the Whites were in possession, and it took little more than half an hour for him to claim his first assist, shaking off two opposition players with a drop of the shoulder before feeding Tom Cairney.

Arter's engine was a joy to behold at Craven Cottage, with the 29-year-old always on the move, and his willingness to always put his body on the line will quickly endear him to the Fulham supporters.

In his 90 minutes on the pitch, Arter won three tackles, played three key balls, made one interception and had a pass accuracy of 87 per cent.

More than half (56.4 per cent) of those who voted were unanimous that he was the rightful winner of Man of the Match, while not much separated Cairney (14.7 per cent) and Anthony Knockaert (12.3 per cent) in second and third.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/man-of-the-match-result

WhiteJC

91% pass accuracy: Fulham star showed on Saturday that once again he will be central to club's promotion push

Fulham will have arrived back in the Championship confident of challenging for promotion to the Premier League straight away.

Losing to Barnsley on the opening day of the 2019/20 campaign, therefore, will have struck a bit of a blow to that confidence and Scott Parker was tasked with engineering an impressive bounceback – or the pressure could really start to mount.

And that is what he did on Saturday, guiding his side to a 2-0 victory over Blackburn, putting in the sort of assured performance you would expect of such a star-studded line-up.

Anthony Knockaert made his full debut and became an instant hit with the home fans, Harry Arter was impressive during his first outing for the Whites whilst even Bobby Reid impressed from the bench.

But one performance that caught the eye – not for the first time at Craven Cottage – was that of Tom Cairney.

Aided by the inclusion of Arter from the start, and having to concern himself with defensive duties far less, Cairney put in what was a quintesential performance for the 28-year-old.

Whilst Knockaert dazzled down the right-hand side and Aleksandar Mitrovic put in a typically bullish showing up-front, Cairney controlled everything with ease, a calming presence in what could be a pretty manic environment this season.

His goal was outstanding. That was the first thing that was so typically-Tom about this performance. Collecting the ball 25-yards out following some good work from Arter, Cairney took two touches before whipping a delicious shot passed the despaiting Christian Walton and into the net.

That was, of course, the headline act of this outing. But there was plenty more to it.

A pass accuracy of 91% showed that he has retained that coolness in possession that was so central to their 2018 promotion whilst a forward pass accuracy of just under 80% emphasised his ability to link defence with attack and bring the best out what is a scarily proven front-line.

Having only two shots, including the spectacular one from which he scored, showed his intelligence too. Cairney is not about to start panicking and forcing the issue. So often he makes the right decision when in possession and that is something he did again against Rovers yet again.

And, whilst his defensive duties were diminished by Arter's presence, they were not extinguished, making three interceptions as he continued to exert pressure on their opponents high up the field.

There will be many important players in this season for Fulham. Mitrovic will need to be firing home 20 goals or more, Knockaert will be expected to get double figures in both goals and assists whilst Arter will undoubtedly be an ever-present in front of a shaky defence.

But none of them can do what Cairney did on Saturday and having him continue to perform to that standard will take the Whites a long way to securing a Premier League return.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/91-pass-accuracy-fulham-star-showed-on-saturday-that-once-again-he-will-be-central-to-clubs-promotion-push/

WhiteJC

Has Daniel Levy just ended Spurs' chance of future dealings with another club?

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has revealed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was difficult to deal with during negotiations over Ryan Sessegnon, almost resulting in the transfer collapsing.

Levy is renowned for being a tricky customer when it comes to transfer dealings. Manchester United and Chelsea are both said to have been put off doing business with Spurs in the future because of the tactics Levy has used in the past.

And now, Khan has explained why that might be also be the case for Fulham going forwards.

Speaking to Fulham's official website – as relayed by the London Evening Standard – Khan suggested Tottenham came in with a low offer for Sessegnon at the last minute despite being interested in the teenager for some time, subsequently preventing Fulham from getting their own transfer business done before the deadline.

"We heard from them [Tottenham] for the first time two weeks before the close of the window," Khan said. "We had been making all our deals under the assumption that Ryan could wind the contract down and they were not going to offer us anything. I was totally prepared for that.

"It seemed like it might be a likely scenario when he still had not heard from them a couple of weeks out, which is why I was doing loan deals where we knew the club would compliant with Financial Fair Play [FFP] rules. We had got three of our top four targets on loan but there was still a lot of uncertainty about what we could do in the rest of the window after we got Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter.

"It turned out we were not able to buy any players because this transaction had been held up. And when I finally got an offer it was so ridiculously low that I had to make it super clear that we were not going to take a penny less our asking price, which is exactly what we got.

"If it was a penny less than our asking price I was perfectly fine for the player to wind his contract down.

"We were so far apart that 24 hours before the deadline I was prepared for Ryan to stay at Fulham this year. We were going to get every penny that we asked for, and we got every penny we asked for. I wish it had not taken so long. People have said 'you knew you were going to get the money, why did you not go out and spend it?' No, until we had every penny in hand I was not going to go out and spend it.

"It was not until the middle of the afternoon on deadline day that we actually had a signed agreement. There were multiple breakdown in the closing days.

"I was glad we had done some deals early [in the window]. But the stuff we did on deadline day was greatly impacted by the sale that went through late on deadline day.

"We got Harrison Reed down to a loan with Southampton that we could do no matter what happened with our sale. Then we had Bobby Reid and another transfer we were trying to do. Bobby Reid I negotiated in loan in the final hours, and the Josh Onomah swap. The transfer I was hoping to get across but was not able to do because I did not have the money.

"The Ryan Sessegnon situation was definitely the catalyst as to why we were not able to get that transfer across. In terms of FFP compliance, it would not have been a move that was suitable for the club if we had not got that transfer over the line."

Levy has frustrated Spurs fans with his brinkmanship in the past, making late moves for players and sometimes missing out instead of getting the deals done early in the window.

That said, his way of going about things has saved the club money, and being financially frugal has served Tottenham well as they go through a period of transition following the construction of the new stadium.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2019/08/12/has-daniel-levy-just-ended-spurs-chance-of-future-dealings-with-another-club/

WhiteJC

Cardiff City Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's trip to the Cardiff City Stadium will go on sale from tomorrow morning (Tuesday 13th August.)

Fulham take on Cardiff City on Friday 30th August, (kick-off 7:45pm) where they face Neil Warnock's side.

Tickets for this fixture go on sale to Season Ticket Holders & Members at 10am on Tuesday 13th August (max. 4 tickets per person).

Tickets will then go on General Sale at 10am on Thursday 15th August (max. 4 tickets per person).

Secure your seat online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/12/cardiff-city-tickets

WhiteJC

Jay Stansfield Scores For Fulham

Jay Stansfield scored his first goal for Fulham Under 18's last Saturday exactly nine years after his father Adam passed away. He was wearing a number nine shirt, his father also wore a number nine shirt when playing for Exeter.

It was on August 10th 2010 that news emerged of the sad death of Adam from bowel cancer. In his career Adam had played for Exter, Yeovil and Hereford and was a fans favourite at all three clubs.

"It was his first goal in the League, but since he left Exeter back in June, I think he has played four matches and scored four goals," Jay's uncle, Shaun Parkin, told Devon Live.

"He scored against Basel when they were in Switzerland last week; he scored two in one match and one in another I think. But his step dad said if he scored against Spurs in the first league match, he'd buy him a pair of trainers that were worth £350! So we were all rooting for him!

"Roger and Gig (Jay's Grandparents), Marie (mum) and the boys (Jay's brothers) went up to watch.

"Part of the reason he left Exeter was to go and do it in his own right, rather than as Adam's son at Exeter. He wants to make it in his own right and with all due respect to Exeter, it's a step. It's a huge challenge and I think he is rising to it.

"Adam's Mum, Gig, said it was the best she had ever seen him play and he is really rated by Fulham. He is really stepping up to it."

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/08/jay-stansfield-scores-for-fulham.html

WhiteJC

Experienced Dennis Odoi extends stay at Fulham FC after penning new contract

Belgian-born Ghanaian international, Dennis Odoi has extended his stay at Championship side Fulham FC after signing a new contract for the ongoing season.

The contract of the experienced center-back expired at the end of the 2018/2019 season but he has now been offered a new deal that will see him battling with the side in hopes of securing promotion into the English Premier League at the end of the season.

Dennis Odoi, 31, is now going into his fourth season with the Cottagers and will hope to enjoy a fantastic campaign throughout the season.

Fulham has however opted to keep the details of the contract public, leaving the length of the new agreement unknown.

https://footballghana.com/experienced-dennis-odoi-extends-stay-at-fulham-fc-after-penning-new-contract

Carborundum

Quote from: whitejc on August 13, 2019, 08:01:38 AM
3 things we clearly learnt about Fulham after their 2-0 win over Blackburn

.....It is a system that may well take time to perfect, especially among the defenders, and when it does it will no doubt work well. But for now, a few concerns should remain.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-we-clearly-learnt-about-fulham-after-their-2-0-win-over-blackburn/
If this journalist can eliminate the use of tautologies, when he does so his articles will have fewer tautologies.  But for now, a few concerns should remain.