more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Darren Bent.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 14, 2019, 07:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2019, 10:01:07 AM
How many times has an individual been in a situation where they have been involved in an altercation with another human being? People tend, when upset, to attack the one thing they can see. You fat so and so. You black so and so. You long haired so and so. You gay so and so. You rich so and so.

Often we mistake attacks as racially based when they are in fact anger based. Attacks on Women, on people of a different colour, on people who appear to be different or just appear to have more. Often are anger and frustration based. It doesn't detract from the fact that it is wrong. But too often people blame attacks on a simple explanation. When frankly at football people will often shout at players, all be it a wrong reaction. because they played poorly or appeared to not put in much effort for the huge wages they received.

It isn't always because you are black that you get abuse. It is that you are perceived to be not very good.
well said 0001.jpeg

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2019, 10:01:07 AM
How many times has an individual been in a situation where they have been involved in an altercation with another human being? People tend, when upset, to attack the one thing they can see. You fat so and so. You black so and so. You long haired so and so. You gay so and so. You rich so and so.

Often we mistake attacks as racially based when they are in fact anger based. Attacks on Women, on people of a different colour, on people who appear to be different or just appear to have more. Often are anger and frustration based. It doesn't detract from the fact that it is wrong. But too often people blame attacks on a simple explanation. When frankly at football people will often shout at players, all be it a wrong reaction. because they played poorly or appeared to not put in much effort for the huge wages they received.

It isn't always because you are black that you get abuse. It is that you are perceived to be not very good.
Have to completely agree with this post, when you are angry you want to hurt the person you are angry with and one way of doing that is to attack something of a personal nature such as height, weight, colour or sex.
Maybe it is just me but I cannot recall any racist terms being used in the ground at Fulham, but if a player scores against us and then goes to the Fulham fans to celebrate what do they expect, I remember when the muppet Sturridge did just that and posed in front of the Hammy End, he was not given a standing ovation, I even used some choice words myself but not of a racist nature. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2019, 12:38:05 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 14, 2019, 12:32:57 PM
Fulham is a mirror of society. We are not better or worse.

Unfortunately people seem to be more openly racist and sexist these days. The racism and sexism always was there but people used to be quieter about it.

not at all, people are just finding offence in everything these days , some spend all their days being "offended" snowflake society

Agree with you entirely Epsomraver, these woolly headed liberals look for offence even when it's not there, it's pathetic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 14, 2019, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 14, 2019, 12:38:05 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 14, 2019, 12:32:57 PM
Fulham is a mirror of society. We are not better or worse.

Unfortunately people seem to be more openly racist and sexist these days. The racism and sexism always was there but people used to be quieter about it.

not at all, people are just finding offence in everything these days , some spend all their days being "offended" snowflake society

Agree with you entirely Epsomraver, these woolly headed liberals look for offence even when it's not there, it's pathetic.

I find that wholly offensive.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

This thread wasn't supposed to get personal or political, it was simply a means to discuss racism and if it is an ongoing problem with some of our supporters.
I know other clubs have it far, far worse. Chelsea's ex captain was a proven racist, so hows that going to help change the views of a few idiots?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

LVBPTS

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 14, 2019, 09:01:13 AM
I voted for Brexit. Am I to assume that, by doing that, I am a racist? The last time I looked, I wasn't.

+1
Supporter since 2000

snarks

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 14, 2019, 11:51:04 AM
Quote from: snarks on August 14, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 14, 2019, 11:17:20 AM
This thread wasn't supposed to be about Brexit, it was supposed to be about racism in football. The UK, and the world as a whole is a very sexist and racist place. It doesn't stop and unlikely to ever stop, but I was simply asking if it is more common than I was led to believe at Fulham!

I think the answer to that is yes. If as was reported on here, people were singing songs supporting a currently imprisoned far right thug, then there is a racist element. Having said that a lot of clubs have that issue at the moment.

I suggest shutting this thread down now. We've already seen a conflation to Brexit and racism and now someone who supports Tommy Robinson (assuming thats the right winger you're referencing) is now also conflated to racism. Its not helpful or productive to do so other than pushing a more left wing political message which I believe is against the boards rules no?

Yes SYL is who I was talking about and he is a racist, so by supporting him people are supporting a racist. If we have fans who support him, then we have a racist element. I was dealing with the original question. I have not met a racist Fulham fan, indeed I always thought we were a very even handed lot. I'm keeping politics entirely out of this, just commenting on the racism originally questioned.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on August 14, 2019, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 14, 2019, 11:51:04 AM
Quote from: snarks on August 14, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 14, 2019, 11:17:20 AM
This thread wasn't supposed to be about Brexit, it was supposed to be about racism in football. The UK, and the world as a whole is a very sexist and racist place. It doesn't stop and unlikely to ever stop, but I was simply asking if it is more common than I was led to believe at Fulham!

I think the answer to that is yes. If as was reported on here, people were singing songs supporting a currently imprisoned far right thug, then there is a racist element. Having said that a lot of clubs have that issue at the moment.

I suggest shutting this thread down now. We've already seen a conflation to Brexit and racism and now someone who supports Tommy Robinson (assuming thats the right winger you're referencing) is now also conflated to racism. Its not helpful or productive to do so other than pushing a more left wing political message which I believe is against the boards rules no?

Yes SYL is who I was talking about and he is a racist, so by supporting him people are supporting a racist. If we have fans who support him, then we have a racist element. I was dealing with the original question. I have not met a racist Fulham fan, indeed I always thought we were a very even handed lot. I'm keeping politics entirely out of this, just commenting on the racism originally questioned.

I'm not going into the tedious discussion of whether he is or isn't a racist but the flawed logic that one can stand up for him and automatically be racist is in itself, absurd. As an FYI, I don't like the bloke but I don't consider him a 'racist', misguided, often wrong with a unsavoury obsession with a certain religion, sure, but not racist.

love4ffc

This thread has been locked.  In the future please do not bring politics into the discussion. 

Personally, I am all for people having a discussion on racism.  Having healthy discussions is the only way we will ever solve problems.  However, there is no need to bring in politics or berate other members. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?