more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 15/08/19...

Started by WhiteJC, August 15, 2019, 07:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Charles Tyrwhitt Partnership

We are pleased to announce a partnership with Charles Tyrwhitt as the Club's official formalwear partner for the season.

The menswear retailer will be supplying the First Team with the store's very best formalwear for club-related events. The club's wardrobes will gain full formal outfits of suits, shirts, shoes and knitwear.

Scott Parker, the players and backroom team have all been fitted in a range of pieces from Tyrwhitt's new AW19 collection, including 4-way stretch shirts – cotton shirts with a touch of stretch to allow the movement that footballers need – and mix-and-match suiting.

Nick Wheeler, Charles Tyrwhitt founder, said: "I'm delighted to be dressing Fulham FC this season. Charles Tyrwhitt owes a lot to the rich history of London's Jermyn Street, and I couldn't be happier to be supporting a team that shares that London-based history."

Scott Parker added: "It's important to create the right impression off the pitch, so we're delighted to have Charles Tyrwhitt on board with us for this season. Their range of smart, comfortable clothing will allow us to do just that."

Fans are urged to keep an eye out for the players' smart getups on social media, in newsletters and match programmes, and at Craven Cottage.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/charles-tyrwhitt

WhiteJC

The Sean Davis Column

I think on the whole we can all be very pleased with how this summer transfer window went. We saw four new boys come through the door last week, and I think all of them are going to fit in brilliantly at Fulham.

Harry Arter was first, and I just love his intensity for the game. He wins the ball back so well, but there's a lot more about him that just that. He's got good feet, can play left or right foot, so I think it's a great signing for us. He's a very experienced player in this league, obviously he's been promoted with Bournemouth so he knows the ins and outs. Some would say he's too good for the Championship, so I'm glad he's with us. He just wants to play football and Scotty will be buzzing that he's got him.

Bobby Decordova-Reid was a fantastic late addition and gives us a different option to Mitro. I think we needed to boost that area of the pitch, and he can play up top if Mitro's injured or suspended. Touch wood he won't be, but Bobby can do that job at number nine, we've seen him do it at Bristol City where he scored loads of goals. Arguably his best position is in behind the striker, being busy. He's a good footballer and has an eye for goal, so hopefully he can be a big contributor this season. He's another hungry player who's had a taste of the Premier League, so he'll want to get back there as quickly as possible, and hopefully Fulham's the team he can achieve that with.

I've seen quite a bit of Josh Onomah. After coming through the ranks at Tottenham he's had a couple of loan moves, so now he's got his permanent transfer to us he can really push on. It's time for him to take the next step in his career, he felt he needed first team football and he's going to want game time at Fulham. There is a lot of competition for places now so it's not going to be easy for him, but it shows what kind of character he is that he wanted to leave his comfort zone at Spurs and come here.

Harrison Reed has played a lot of Championship football over the last two seasons so he brings a lot of know-how to the squad. He's a hard worker so his signing adds some further fresh legs to the group. Scott had said that he thought we were a bit light in midfield, so it was good to see us address that in the transfer window. Competition for places is great, especially in the Championship where you often have two games a week.

Our only departure was, of course, Ryan Sessegnon. It's hard to see him go, but he departs with our best wishes having given his all for Fulham during his time here. There's a lot of youngsters now who, before they've even played a game for the club they were brought up at, move on to a big club. But I take my hat off to Ryan, he was very humble, he wanted to learn his trade, he played 120 times for Fulham. Because of that, he's got so much experience for someone his age and he's earned a big move. Some people will think he should have stayed for his development, but now we just wish him all the best and carry on focusing on Fulham.

Barnsley on the opening day was obviously a bad day at the office, but I never get too frustrated by the first couple of matches of the season, especially in the Championship. It wasn't a great performance but you're only as good as your next game and we managed to get the result against Blackburn. There were a lot of pleasing things about that, but for me the highlights were Tom Cairney's amazing goal, and the clean sheet. In previous seasons in this division, we've often started quite slow, so it's important now to build on that win. That was a big task for Scotty, assembling a squad and then ensuring we didn't suffer a hangover after getting relegated.

We're off to Huddersfield on Friday and can hopefully take advantage of the fact they don't seem to have found their feet yet. They've struggled so far and obviously lost Aaron Mooy, who's one of their better players, to Brighton on deadline day. It's on a Friday night, away from home, and they're going to make it difficult for us, but I strongly believe that the team Scotty's assembled can do a lot of damage. Away from home, teams are going to come onto us a bit more, and with the guys we've got in the midfield and forward areas, we can really cause some problems on the break.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/the-sean-davis-column

WhiteJC

Football & Education Successes

With exams results on the horizon, we are pleased to share the successes of the 2018/19 Football and Education programme.

Whether it's further footballing opportunities, an apprenticeship, higher education, or entering the workplace, we're committed to ensuring that each participant has an appropriate progression pathway following their two-year Football & Education programme.

Join us in congratulating the following 2018/19 student-athletes:

David – University: Mathematics (Cambridge)

Unai – Apprenticeship: Merchandiser (Arcadia Group)

Liam – Apprenticeship: PE & Sport Teacher with local Primary School

Rui, Adam, Ilyas – Gap Year

Arthur – Work: Manager (McDonalds)

Djamel – University: Business with Finance (Kingston)

Ethan – Apprenticeship: PE & Sport Teacher

Hubert – Football: Professional contract (Jagiellonia Bialystok, Poland)

James – University: Business & Economics (Manchester Metropolitan)

Sachon – Work: Business owner (SplashBands)

Shairy – University: Accounting & Finance (Middlesex)

Alex - University: BSc Business Management (Coventry)

Alpha - University: Foundation Degree Art & Design (Greenwich)

Denton - University: Football Business & Finance (UCFB)

Ethan - University: BSc Business Management (Coventry)

Hayden - University: BSc Business Studies (Northampton)

Imran - University: Law degree (East London)

Kane - University: BSC Sport Science (Kingston)

Micah - University: Computer science (Canterbury)

Peter - Apprenticeship: Carpentry (Nescot)

Stephen - University: Football Business & Finance (UCFB)

Jayden - University: BSc Sports Coaching (St.Marys)

Stephen - University: BSc Applied Sport & Exercise Science (Portsmouth)

We will soon be welcoming a new class of student-athletes. To register your interest please contact Steve Jaye, FFCF Football Development & Education Manager ([email protected] / 07789786700).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/football-education-success-stories

WhiteJC

Club considering bringing back Fulham defender – 'Excessive' wages a problem

After relegation from the Premier League last season, new Fulham manager Scott Parker has been working hard to move players on this summer.

The Cottagers spent a fortune bringing in players last year, most of whom failed, and the club have offloaded a large chunk of them.

There are still plenty left to find new clubs for, though, and one of them is defender Marcelo Djaló. He joined Fulham in 2017 but has only made four appearances for the club since, spending last season out on loan at Extremadura.

He's one the club will happily get rid of, and it seems they may have a suitor in his former club Lugo.

La Voz de Galicia report today that Djaló is a player the Spanish club are considering as they look to bolster their defence this summer.

Djaló made 26 appearances for the club over two spells before leaving for Fulham in 2017, and they still think fondly of his impressive performances from the same season they sold him from.

They have a gap in defence this year after Miguel Vieira departed and Djaló is a name that has been talked about by those higher up the club. However, his high wages could prove to be a problem.

La Voz de Galicia report that Lugo's budget is 'very limited' compared to the rest of the teams in the league and the 'excessive' salary Djaló would ask for, would put him out of their reach.

The newspaper believes that there are doubts about the Fulham man because of his lack of games in recent years, although he would add 'strength and defensive speed' to Lugo's defence and that's why they're interested.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-considering-bringing-back-fulham-defender-excessive-wages-problem/

WhiteJC

Can Calum Chambers resurrect his Arsenal career?

If you had told any Arsenal fan at the end of last season that we would start the season with Calum Chambers at centre back, they would have thought that you were crazy or that Arsenal had had a disastrous transfer window. Having spent last season on loan at Fulham, Chambers Arsenal career was largely believed to be coming to an end. Arsenal were linked with various central defenders around Europe and Chambers spent much of this Summer being linked with a move away from the Emirates, either being sold to help Arsenal finance their own signings or being used as a make-weight in a possible deal for Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.

However, after the surprise exit of Laurent Koscielny and Arsenal's inability to get a deal done for a centre half until deadline day Chambers was not only kept at the club but granted an opportunity to start Arsenal's opener and the 24-year old grabbed his opportunity with both hands. A very accomplished display at St. James' Park on Sunday has led to people asking the question, can Chambers carry this form on and become a regular starter for Unai Emery at the back?

Chambers was a breakout star for Arsenal in the 2014/15 season following his £16 million move from Southampton. Much like his start at Newcastle last weekend, he got his chance in 2014 because of a number of injuries to key players at the back for Arsenal. Playing at both right back and centre back, the then-teenager looked mature far beyond his years. He took the step up from Southampton to Arsenal in his stride, impressing so much in his first season at the Emirates that he earned an England call up from Roy Hodgson, making his international debut in September 2014 against Norway. This form, early in his Arsenal career and at such a young age had Chambers being tipped for big things both at club and international level.

Unfortunately for Chambers, his career has not followed the trajectory expected early in his days at Arsenal. Following the 2014/15 season, Chambers subsequently fell out of favour under Arsene Wenger due to Hector Bellerin's emergence at right-back, competition from the more experienced pair of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker and the signing of Shkodran Mustafi. In hindsight after watching Mustafi during his Arsenal career, perhaps having faith in the Englishman and giving him time to develop in the side may have been the wiser decision.

Chambers has since had two, season-long loans in the Premier League to gain experience and regain the confidence he had when he arrived at Arsenal. Despite suffering relegation in his two loan spells away from the club, Chambers impressed at Middlesbrough in the 2015/16 season and at Fulham last season, picking up their Player of the Year award. After returning from Fulham at the end of last season, the prevailing theory surrounding Chambers was that he would be sold in the transfer window to clear room for whatever reinforcements the club was able to bring in at the back but this is no longer the case for the English defender.

Watching him Sunday, comfortably winning his battle with Newcastle's £40 million record signing, Joelinton, it was clear to see that his loan spells have done the world of good for Chambers. He was composed on the ball, coped well physically with the imposing figure of Joelinton, which has long been a criticism of his game  and didn't put a foot wrong positionally helping Arsenal to a 1-0 away win and impressing his manager with Emery saying of Chambers: "Really, last year for Calum Chambers was a very good year because he played all the matches with Fulham. They played him as a centre-back in a three, in a two and they played him as a midfielder. From pre-season, he deserved to play today in the first XI and he was very focused and with Sokratis was also very serious"

The key to Calum Chambers becoming a major player for Unai Emery I feel lies in his versatility. His ability to play at centre back, right back and even holding midfield, where he played a lot of games for Fulham last season should see Chambers get a lot of game time this season. As well as being able to play in a number of positions across the back and midfield, Chambers also has experience in playing in a number of different systems. Fulham at times last season opting for a three at the back, where Chambers was utilized in various ways. He showed he is more than capable to play in a back four at St. James' Park on Sunday but I think he is best suited to playing in a three.

The signing of David Luiz has led to a lot of speculation that Arsenal will adopt a three at the back system, where Luiz excelled for Chelsea in their title-winning campaign under Antonio Conte. Chambers would be perfectly suited to play as the right-centre back in this system. His ability to step out of defence with the ball, his pace helping him to deal with wingers as well as centre forwards and his positional sense give him the perfect attributes to feature in this system. Particularly in big games, where last season, Unai Emery leaned more towards playing three at the back to give the side more defensive stability, Chambers looks a much better, more solid option than what Arsenal had to choose from last season.

While it is only the first game of the season so the possibility of being a prisoner of the moment is there, Chambers certainly looked very accomplished at Newcastle on Sunday and in many people's eyes, outperformed his centre back partner, Sokratis. He will face stiff competition in the coming weeks to retain his place in the side with Rob Holding returning from his long-term knee injury as well as David Luiz being integrated into the side. With Arsenal's rigorous schedule this season, with Europa League commitments as well as League Cup and FA Cup, a big squad is a requirement and there are sure to be lots of opportunities to impress.

Tougher tests lie ahead for Chambers and Arsenal as Newcastle lacked cutting edge and any real threat in Sunday's opener but this was certainly a positive start. Already equalling the club's away clean sheet tally from last season, Arsenal will look to take the same defensive solidity into next week's home opener against Burnley. Chambers will be expected to retain his place in the starting XI at the Emirates next Saturday despite David Luiz being more settled in after his Deadline Day move to the club. While he may not be a starter week in and week out for Arsenal, through his pre-season performances and last weekend he has most certainly made himself a viable option for Arsenal at the back this season. Should he be able to continue this form, he will definitely feature heavily for Arsenal and Emery.

http://youaremyarsenal.com/can-calum-chambers-resurrect-his-arsenal-career/

WhiteJC

Saints Date Confirmed

Fulham's Second Round Carabao Cup meeting with Southampton will be played at Craven Cottage on Tuesday 27th August (7.45pm).

Tickets will be priced at £15 for adults, £10 for over-65s and 18-21 year olds, and £5 for under-18s.

This fixture will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members from 12pm on Friday 16th August, before going on General Sale at 10am on Tuesday 20th August.

STHs' seats will be held until 10am on Tuesday 20th August.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/saints-date-confirmed

WhiteJC

Millwall & Nottingham Forest Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's remaining August home league fixtures are still on sale.

Fulham will be looking to follow up Saturday's victory against Blackburn Rovers with another win at home when Millwall visit Craven Cottage on Wednesday 21st August (7.45pm) in our first London derby of the season. Tickets for this match are on sale to supporters with Booking History with fans able to secure up to 4 tickets per person.

Three days later, Nottingham Forest then visit SW6 on Saturday 24th August, 3pm. This match is available to purchase on General Sale (max 2 tickets per person).

Supporters can secure their seats online, by calling by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/millwall-and-nottingham-forest-tickets

WhiteJC

Omomah: Raring To Go

Josh Onomah is raring to start a new chapter in his career following his permanent move to Fulham last week.

He arrived from Tottenham Hotspur as part of the negotiations that saw Ryan Sessegnon go the other way, and it was a relief for the 22-year-old to finally get everything wrapped up on deadline day.

"It was a stressful couple of days, what with me not being definitely sure if it was going to happen or not," Onomah told fulhamfc.com. "But to finally get here, meet the players, meet the staff, is amazing and I just can't wait to get started.

"When there's two deals relying on each other it makes things a little more complicated. You hope for the best and that it all goes to plan, and thankfully it did.

"I wish Sess the best as well. I know him, I know he's going to settle in quickly and do well, and I wish all the best for him.

"He told me how great a club Fulham is, a massive club with great fans. He knows me, he knows my style of play, and he said I'd fit right in. That made me look forward to joining even more.

"It was weird leaving Tottenham. I've been with them since I was eight, Tottenham has been my whole life, so it has been strange, but when one door closes another one opens.

"All I'm feeling now is excitement about the new challenge here, and hopefully I can settle in quickly."

Onomah was one of three central midfielders to join the Whites last week, with Scott Parker now having plenty of options in what is a crucial position.

That strength in depth is far from a deterrent for Onomah, who is thrilled to be reunited with Parker and fellow Spurs alumni Matt Wells.

"You definitely want that competition," he said. "Whatever sport it is, you always want that healthy competition to push you to your best level, and we've got that here.

"We've got good players here who I know will push me to reach my best and train at my best every day, so I'm looking forward to that challenge.

"Scott and Matt were a major influence on me. I had a few other options but them being here pushed me over the line. I worked with them at Tottenham, they know how to get the best out of me. I believe in them and am so happy to be working with them again."

Fulham fans will have seen a bit of Onomah in action in 2017/18 as he featured against us three times while on loan at Aston Villa, the last of which came at Wembley.

"That was a crazy day," Onomah recalled. "It was my first Play-Off Final so it was a good experience for me. To be fair, Fulham deserved it on the day.

"Whenever I've played Fulham, their style always defined them as a good team on the ball that likes to create chances and be confident in possession.

"That's me as a player, so I look forward to being a part of the squad that hopefully gets us back to the Premier League."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/14/josh-omomah-raring-to-go

WhiteJC

Saints Confirm Fulham Cup Date But Will It Clash With Pompey ?

Saints have confirmed the date of their visit to West London to play Fulham in the Carabao Cup the question is will Pompey be in West London on the same night.

Saints will travel to Craven Cottage to face Fulham in the second round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday 27th August.

The date for Saints' first match of this season's competition falls in between the trip to Brighton & Hove Albion and the home meeting with Manchester United and will kick-off at 7.45pm.

The big question though is whether Portsmouth will also be in West London the same night as they have been drawn away at Queens Park Rangers.

That means their game will be played on either Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 28th meaning that supporters of both teams will both be arriving at London Waterloo/ Clapham at around the same time and could find themselves on the same tube lines to the match.

The quickest route by rail for both sets of fans would be to change at Clapham and get overground services from there to Putney for the Fulham game or Shepherds Bush for QPR.

Likewise the roads could be congested with the main route to London the A3 ending near Putney with a direct road to QPR from there going right past Fulham's ground to Hammersmith.

You would think that the games would be kept apart, but since when have the football authorities used common sense.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/50640/

WhiteJC

Jan Siewert keen to lift pressure on Huddersfield Town players ahead of Fulham clash

There were positive things at QPR which we must reference

Jan Siewert will try to lift any pressure from his players as he sends them into Championship battle against Fulham.

Just three days after the harrowing Carabao Cup exit at the hands of League One Lincoln City, Town face a side who were relegated alongside them from the Premier League last season.

In contrast to Town's German head coach, who has won just once in 18 attempts, Fulham boss Scott Parker has won a third of his games in charge since succeeding Claudio Ranieri in February.

That's why Fulham, fresh from a 2-0 win over Blackburn, are favourites to pick up another three points in front of the Sky Sports cameras at the John Smith's Stadium.

Supporters have rounded on Siewert and the team since the Cup loss, which followed one point from six in the league, and the head coach says it's vital the players are not put under the sort of pressure again which leads to a performance like that produced against Lincoln.

"We face Fulham now and I will have a different squad on the pitch, so think of QPR when we had many positive things there," said the boss, who fielded only midfielder Juninho Bacuna of the XI who drew 1-1 at QPR.

"It's a matter of managing expectations because, of course, we all want to win football matches and this is the most important thing I am working towards."

Siewert says it's not just as simple as clicking your fingers and results will materialise.

"You can't just say you want to win football matches and bring back the winning mentality, no, you have to take the steps and this is what I am here for," explained Siewert.

"I will take the steps with the club and I know it's difficult, but we knew if we lost (in the Cup) then we didn't perform well."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/jan-siewert-keen-lift-pressure-16753815

WhiteJC

MATCH PREVIEW: FULHAM (H)

All the info ahead of Town's game against Fulham

- Preview Friday's Sky Bet Championship game against Fulham
- Find out more about Scott Parker's side
- Tickets still available for the game

Huddersfield Town host Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship at the John Smith's Stadium on Friday 16 August; 7:45pm kick off.

It's a return to league action for the Terriers having been knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the week by Lincoln City, following on from a 1-1 draw with Queens Park Rangers last Saturday.

After an opening day defeat at Barnsley, Friday's opponents picked up their first points of the new season with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage. Captain Tom Cairney and Aleksandar Mitrovic were on target to secure three points for the Cottagers.

THE OPPOSITION

It's a new dawn for the Cottagers following the appointment of former player Scott Parker in May 2019.

Parker took caretaker charge of the Club in February 2019 and was offered the job on a permanent basis ahead of the new season.

Fulham finished one place above Town in the Premier League last season and have retained the large part of their squad with some of the key players committing their future to the Club.

Parker has been backed in the transfer market too, signing eight new players to bolster the squad; including notrworthy names such as Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Harry Arter.

Ryan Sessegnon, Ryan Babel, Jean Michael Seri and Andre Zambo Anguissa were the players to depart the Club in the summer.

ONES TO WATCH

Tom Cairney

Club captain Tom Cairney joined Fulham in July 2015 from Blackburn Rovers and was made captain in 2017 - incidentally in place of current Head Coach Scott Parker.

The 2017/18 season proved a fruitful one for the 28 year old, helping the Cottagers to a Premier League return whilst netting the Championship Play Off Final winner in Fulham's 1-0 win over Aston Villa.

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Mitrovic joined the Cottagers on a permanent deal in July 2018 from Newcastle United following a successful loan spell at Craven Cottage.

During that time the Serb scored 12 goals in 15 Championship games, propelling the west London side back into the Premier League.

In 2018/19, Mitrovic bagged 11 goals in 39 appearances before committing his future by agreeing a new five-year deal with the Club.

Anthony Knockaert

Knockaert joined the Cottagers on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion in July 2019 and will remain with Scott Parker's side for the entirety of the season.

The French winger helped Brighton to promotion from the Sky Bet Championship in 2016/17 with 15 goals and 9 assists – earning himself the crown as Championship Player of The Year.

TICKETS

There are still tickets available for Friday's game – CLICK HERE to get yours!

KIT

Town will be wearing their famous blue and white stripes in Friday's Sky Bet Championship encounter! Have you got yours yet?

iFollow HTAFC

Supporters in the UK will be able to listen to live commentary of Friday's game on Town's iFollow subscription service.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/august/match-preview-fulham-h/

WhiteJC

Josh Onomah names the Tottenham star who convinced him to make Fulham transfer on deadline day

The midfielder joined Fulham last week

Josh Onomah has opened up on his move to Fulham, a deal which also saw Ryan Sessegnon join Tottenham Hotspur.

The Lilywhites' interest in the England u21 international was not a secret.

In fact, they had been chasing the teenager for the last few transfer windows, and Mauricio Pochettino and Daniel Levy finally got their man on transfer deadline day last week.

But there was another factor in Sessegnon arriving at Tottenham - a player going in the other direction.

That player was Josh Onomah, who had been at Spurs since 2015, but failed to make a significant impression on the first team.

He had loan spells with Aston Villa, in 2017/18, and Sheffield Wednesday last season but has now left the club permanently as part of the deal to sign Sessegnon from Fulham.

And Onomah has revealed the influence the new Spurs star had on his decision to move to Craven Cottage.

"It was a stressful couple of days, what with me not being definitely sure if it was going to happen or not," Onomah told fulhamfc.com . "But to finally get here, meet the players, meet the staff, is amazing and I just can't wait to get started.

"When there's two deals relying on each other it makes things a little more complicated. You hope for the best and that it all goes to plan, and thankfully it did.

"I wish Sess the best as well. I know him, I know he's going to settle in quickly and do well, and I wish all the best for him.

"He told me how great a club Fulham is, a massive club with great fans. He knows me, he knows my style of play, and he said I'd fit right in.

"That made me look forward to joining even more.

"It was weird leaving Tottenham. I've been with them since I was eight, Tottenham has been my whole life, so it has been strange, but when one door closes another one opens.

"All I'm feeling now is excitement about the new challenge here, and hopefully I can settle in quickly."

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/spurs-transfer-news-onomah-sessegnon-16755880

WhiteJC

Leaving Tottenham Hotspur was 'stressful' admits Josh Onomah

Josh Onomah comments on his exit from Tottenham to Fulham.

Josh Onomah was the 'spare part' involved in the transfer which took him from Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham to Tottenham Hotspur.

Onomah went the other way and gets to kickstart his career for the Championship side.

Speaking to the club's official website, Onomah admitted that it was very tough to have his future decided on transfer deadline day.

Onomah said: "It was a stressful couple of days, what with me not being definitely sure if it was going to happen or not.

"But to finally get here, meet the players, meet the staff, is amazing and I just can't wait to get started.

"When there's two deals relying on each other it makes things a little more complicated. You hope for the best and that it all goes to plan, and thankfully it did."

If Onomah did not get the move to Fulham, he would likely have been left playing for Tottenham's under-23 side until January.

A fresh start is probably for the best for the England under-20 World Cup winner, whose own development could not keep pace with Tottenham's own rise.

He knows the Championship from previous spells at Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, and has worked previously with Fulham boss Scott Parker, during his coaching stint at Tottenham.

This could be a move which works all around, especially if Sessegnon fulfils his potential at Tottenham.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/15/leaving-tottenham-hotspur-was-stressful-admits-josh-onomah/

WhiteJC

AFC Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe discusses Harry Arter's loan move to Championship Fulham

EDDIE Howe insisted it was "too early" to say Harry Arter had played his final game for Cherries and added: "He will go down as one of the best centre midfielders ever to play for the club."

The Cherries boss was speaking after the 29-year-old had last week agreed a season-long loan with his brother-in-law Scott Parker at Championship Fulham.

Arter on Saturday put in a man-of-the-match display during the Cottagers' 2-0 victory over Blackburn, recording an assist for Tom Cairney after 35 minutes of his debut.

As part of the deal, Fulham have an obligation to buy the Sidcup-born star next summer, depending on certain performance-based criteria.

This is believed to include whether or not the west London side seal promotion.

Snapped up by Howe for just £4,000 from non-league Woking in 2010, Arter has played 255 games for Cherries and scored 29 goals. He signed a fresh four-year contract in July 2017.

Asked about the Republic of Ireland international's loan departure, Howe told the Daily Echo: "I don't think people should ever lose sight of players who give so much to a football club. Harry is certainly in that category for us.

"He will go down as one of the best centre midfielders ever to play for the club in my opinion.

"I think it's too early to say he's played his last game. There could be more twists and turns in Harry's Bournemouth career – let's wait and see.

"But certainly everyone here from top to bottom at the club wishes him well."

Arter has featured in Cherries' past two pre-season schedules but, having spent last season on loan at Cardiff, he has not made a competitive appearance for Cherries since January 2018.

The former Charlton youngster last week cited "family reasons" as playing a big part in his switch to Craven Cottage.

He said: "With all my family involved in the club it would be nice to be successful, for Scott and for myself. My little girl lives up here so it's a great move for me for family reasons.

"I've always had a desire to play for a club in London. Even since Scott signed here five or six years ago, I've always come and watched Fulham and it's great to be part of the club."

Discussing the deal further, Howe added: "I think it's a great move for him.

"Of course, his relationship with Scott Parker was pivotal in that and I think it's a great match for Harry and for Fulham.

"They will have a player who is very motivated to do well. I think we all know my thoughts on Harry and my feelings for him as a player. I hope he does very well this season."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/17837655.afc-bournemouth-boss-eddie-howe-discusses-harry-arter-39-s-loan-move-championship-fulham/