Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 15, 2019, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatch007

How about Paul Parker at RB?

TC's Sporran

We Are Premier League

Bobby Moore as right CB please

elgreenio

regardless of what we need right now, Mousa Dembele, man I love that guy and still think much like Jol in that he could have gone bigger than Spurs had he waited around another yeat
touch my camera through the fence

I Ronic

McBride up front with Mitro would be something.

simplyfulham

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 15, 2019, 01:03:47 PM
Out of every player that's ever played for Fulham, regardless of before or after their stint with us, what one player in their peak, would you have back?

I've got to confess I do love the threads like this.

At the risk of being over pedantic about it all, are we talking their peak in a white shirt or their peak career full stop?

So George Best was one of the best in world at the time  at his greatest playing for United but we only saw a shadow of his ability. But Steed Marlbranque was argueably at his best playing for us and never quite hit the same heights for spurs and the rest.. just for example.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 15, 2019, 01:08:22 PM
Good question, and a hard one because there are so many candidates. But it took me around 30 seconds because otherwise if i thought about it would take ages, there are so many. Nevertheless, I went for George Cohen. He would solve the right back issue overnight.

If George Cohen plays right back, we could play Djola at RCB and even Djola would look too good for the Championship.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 15, 2019, 11:16:33 PM
Bobby Moore as right CB please

As Pete and Alex Ferguson agree that the Fulham CB is the best ever, they maybe both right.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 16, 2019, 12:19:30 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 15, 2019, 01:03:47 PM
Out of every player that's ever played for Fulham, regardless of before or after their stint with us, what one player in their peak, would you have back?

I've got to confess I do love the threads like this.

At the risk of being over pedantic about it all, are we talking their peak in a white shirt or their peak career full stop?

So George Best was one of the best in world at the time  at his greatest playing for United but we only saw a shadow of his ability. But Steed Marlbranque was argueably at his best playing for us and never quite hit the same heights for spurs and the rest.. just for example.

Best at their peak, regardless of who they played for.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Fulham Tup North

Ivor without a doubt....... although an 'at his peak' Berbatov would be a great addition to any side!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

KJS

Sniffer Clarke for me closely followed Ivor

Holders

This is incredibly difficult. Of those I saw play, I'd say Coleman - the classiest centre back I ever saw (and that includes Moore), Mullery and Saha.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2019, 09:25:37 AM
This is incredibly difficult. Of those I saw play, I'd say Coleman - the classiest centre back I ever saw (and that includes Moore), Mullery and Saha.

If Chris Coleman is better than Bobby Moore, i know nothing about football.

KingofCheese

Mods can you close this thread down please? No one has mentioned Steed!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Holders

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 16, 2019, 09:54:23 AM

When I saw Coleman play he was better than Moore when he played for us. I didn't see him in his WHU days. 

Fulham Joe

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2019, 10:02:40 AM

When I saw Coleman play he was better than Moore when he played for us. I didn't see him in his WHU days.

Maybe he wasn't great for Fulham, but you must have seen replays of Moore for England and he's x100 better than Coleman.

wolfie

Hmm, so many to choose from but as a shortlist
Hangeland, Murphy, Dempsey, Mcbride, Coleman, Saha, Sidwell and may surprise people but Dejagah he had so much talent and it would have been nice to keep him

toshes mate

I have to admit I have dithered over contributing to this thread.

I like the idea of George Cohen at right back since I remember reading he could run 100yds in something close to eleven seconds.  That's pace.   I also remember a certain Mr Marsh knocking in goals for our youth team, and then looking really useful when he made it to our first team.   Wouldn't say no to him running things up front.  A certain Mr Leggat, my all time FFC hero, would also factor in rather nicely on either flank and offer spectacular shooting ability.

But as a captain and major influence upon all aspects of game, including the captaincy, it has to be Bobby Moore.  It would make life a doddle for the backroom boys.

Holders

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 16, 2019, 10:11:06 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2019, 10:02:40 AM

Maybe he wasn't great for Fulham, but you must have seen replays of Moore for England and he's x100 better than Coleman.

As I recall, he was pretty good for Fulham. There are certainly some good highlight clips of him before that and I regret not seeing him in his prime. I did rate Coleman though and he was pretty much in his prime.