Author Topic: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC  (Read 1066 times)

Offline love4ffc

  • Twitter @Love4FFC
  • Global Moderator
  • cebu
  • *
  • Posts: 4754
  • What could go wrong? We're Fulham.........COYW!
FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« on: August 15, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »
NOTES FROM FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC

On Monday 12th August, the Fulham Supporters’ Trust met with Fulham FC at Motspur Park.
 
The Club was represented by:
 
David Daly (Non Executive Director)
Peter Spartin (Senior Head of Commercial Development)
Katy Brecht (Head of Ticketing)
Nicola Walworth (Supporter Relations Manager)
Carmelo Mifsud (Media Relations Manager)
Charlie Harris (Communications Assistant)
 
Alistair Mackintosh (CEO) was on a short holiday after the transfer deadline.
 
The FST was represented by board members:
 
Ian Clarke
Jerry Cope
Sue Couch
Les O’Gorman
 
HOW IT WORKS
 
Each topic below is raised by the FST in an attempt to discuss issues raised primarily by a number of our members. Individual questions from members are sent to the Club outside the meeting, and we encourage members first to raise these directly with the Club via enquiries@fulhamfc.com. 
 
If any member has raised an issue that it has not been possible to discuss in the time available then please do contact us again in good time before the next meeting.
 
The following topics were raised and discussed:
- Ticketing
- Coach Travel
- Away Trips
- The Incident at Barnsley
- Aldershot Friendly
- New FFCtv Service
- Safety Advisory Group (SAG)
- Transfer Window
- Feedback from the Blackburn Game

TICKETING
 
In response to queries from members, the Club confirmed that they were still selling season tickets but only at the Putney End via the waiting list. This was mainly because the pre-set limits for this season had been met in the other stands (Hammersmith, Johnny Haynes), the remainder being available firstly for Members and then Season Ticket Holders as one-offs, then if any remaining, other buyers with a booking history. This approach also importantly maintains fairness for those Riverside season ticket holders who had been moved to the Putney stand and provides a spectrum of ticket availability for match by match buyers. The Club agreed to expand the current position regarding sales in FAQs on the website.
 
The Club confirmed that, so far, match by match tickets had not been made available in the Putney End but that they may do so once season ticket sales had been completed.
 
The Trust asked about the position on season ticket seat upgrades, and the season ticket exchange scheme.
 
The Club confirmed that the upgrade scheme was now in operation, with a fee of £5 for Concession to Adult, and £10 - £20, depending on the match, for Junior to Adult. It can be accessed by phone or in person at the ticket office.  As previously advertised there is a limit of six upgrades per season and the Club reserve the right to refuse upgrades should they feel that the system is being abused.
 
The Club also confirmed that the season ticket exchange scheme was nearly ready to go, with just a few legal issues to be sorted. It would be launched for the first game where there was a sell-out (or perhaps a near sell-out) across all stands, and would be available via a season ticket holder's personal account on the website.
 
Credit would be used to offset against next year's season ticket cost.  For any game, the Exchange will be live from the point of sell-out being declared until midnight on the night before the match.
 
Seats offered via the Exchange scheme will be made available to purchase by anyone currently authorised to buy tickets (e.g. season ticket holders, members, booking history).  A paper ticket will be issued and the season ticket will be cancelled for the match in question.
 
The Trust welcomed both of these developments.
 
COACH TRAVEL
 
The Trust had been concerned to hear of difficulties, seemingly centred on one coach, for the Barnsley game. A coach had turned up at the wrong pick-up point and there had been difficulties with the parking fee when it reached Barnsley. The Trust had also been very concerned that the coach driver had insisted on 'no stop' on the return 5-hour trip, which we regarded as unacceptable. The Club accepted that things had gone wrong, and were already in dialogue with the coach contractor (Kings Ferry) - we were assured that there would be no repeat.
 
The Club also explained that the particular difficulties were not related to a new policy of having an official trained steward on each trip, as this policy had started at the beginning of last season, albeit the volunteer stewards had only been stood down, with a personalised letter of thanks, this season. The Club agreed to feed all the points raised into the training and briefing of stewards and highlighted that the coach stewards will be drawn from the same pool for each away game, allowing them to build a relationship with the away travellers.
 
AWAY TRIPS
 
The Trust and the Club discussed a possibly growing level of concern raised by members about some situations at our away games, including standing in front of supporters themselves unable to stand and/or who had bought tickets specifically in the designated non-standing area. The Club said that they were keeping a close eye on the situation but there was no easy fix. A few fans have been banned from buying tickets because of behavioural issues.
 
The Club confirmed that stewarding at away fixtures is the responsibility of the host club and not all clubs welcomed away stewards.  However the Club does provide away stewards where possible and appropriate.
 
THE BARNSLEY INCIDENT
 
The Trust reaffirmed its extreme disappointment with the alleged incident involving Cyrus Christie's sister and asked for our good wishes to passed on to Cyrus and his family. The Club said that investigations by the South Yorkshire Police were continuing, and they would not be able to make any further statement until the Police themselves reported further, though the Club will continue to assist the authorities.
 
Anyone with information is asked to contact 101 quoting crime reference number 14/118274/19.

ALDERSHOT FRIENDLY
 
The Trust reported that the experience of stewarding at the Brighton game at Aldershot had contrasted badly with previous friendlies at the same ground, which had been most enjoyable. As the Club had not received similar feedback, we would forward details to be taken up with Aldershot.
 
NEW FFCtv SERVICE
 

The Trust reported that some subscribers had difficulty in registering with the new service this season. The Club said that changes have been made to improve both the overall offering and service of FFCtv for the new season, and that one of those changes involved moving to a single provider for both payments and video hosting and streaming.
 
It is likely that those having difficulties either have an expired credit card or an expired subscription.  In both cases the solution is to buy a new product via the Club’s website.
 
The Club encouraged anyone still having difficulties to contact the new provider on ffctvsupport@streamamg.com, who now handle all customer service.
 
The Trust also reported an outage toward the end of the first half of the Blackburn match for international subscribers.  The Club said that it acknowledged the issue at the time and it was rectified appropriately with the service provider on Saturday.
 
The Club confirmed that midweek games, home and away, not selected for TV, would be available for streaming in the UK. They also said that a new App was in development to allow streamed matches to be viewed on mobile devices for the first time, and that those abroad wishing to make a one-off purchase (e.g. when on holiday) could do so, providing the appropriate settings are active on the user’s mobile device.
 
The Club said it hoped the new App will launch in the coming weeks and for now, the best experience for live video and audio streaming is via the new microsite https://tv.fulhamfc.com.

SAFETY ADVISORY GROUP (SAG)
 
The Club confirmed that the Trust was being asked to provide a Fulham representative for this Group, which was convened for clubs in the area by Hammersmith and Fulham Council.  The Trust accepted the invitation to join the SAG on behalf of Fulham supporters.
 
TRANSFER WINDOW
 
As nobody attending the meeting was directly involved in the summer transfer activity it was not possible to discuss any specifics in detail, although the Trust did suggest, notwithstanding deadline day itself had been very busy, whether it might be possible to do more contingency planning if transfers, like that of Ryan Sessegnon, went through at the last minute.
 
Following our suggestion at the February 2019 meeting, the Trust did however welcome the release of a video by Tony Khan setting out in some detail Fulham’s approach to the recent transfer window, not least the importance of keeping within FFP requirements.  Supporters who are subscribers can view the video via FFCtv.
 
The Trust commented that it was in our view unfortunate that the video was behind a TV pay wall and therefore its audience would be restricted. In response the Club agreed to consider a more general release, after a period of exclusivity to subscribers.
 
FEEDBACK FROM THE BLACKBURN GAME
 
The Trust reported that generally feedback had been good about the new arrangements, particularly in the Putney Stand, but perhaps Blackburn had not been a real test. It had however a number of issues to raise, which the Club agreed to take away and look into:
The continuing poor tannoy system (the Club reported this was being tested again this week)
The non-opening of a bar at the Hammersmith end (the Club explained this was due to a power failure)
The lack of handrails stepping up to the higher seats at the Putney End
Standing of away supporters, blocking views for home supporters in the Putney end
The closure of some turnstiles
The lack of nearby disabled toilets at the Hammersmith End
The lack of reusable plastic cups which had been successfully trialled last season
A suggestion that the photographs of mascots be taken towards the Johnny Haynes Stand rather than the derelict Riverside Stand pre-match.
The need for flexible segregation of away supporters depending on the opposition (the Club reported that the distance between home and away supporters could be flexed depending on the fixture).
The Trust requested that particular attention be given to the next home fixture to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort and to allay remaining concerns about the operation of the Putney stand.

The meeting closed at 1430.

Online General

  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3278
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:23:15 AM »
NOTES FROM FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC

On Monday 12th August, the Fulham Supporters’ Trust met with Fulham FC at Motspur Park.
 
The Club was represented by:
 
David Daly (Non Executive Director)
Peter Spartin (Senior Head of Commercial Development)
Katy Brecht (Head of Ticketing)
Nicola Walworth (Supporter Relations Manager)
Carmelo Mifsud (Media Relations Manager)
Charlie Harris (Communications Assistant)
 
Alistair Mackintosh (CEO) was on a short holiday after the transfer deadline.
 
The FST was represented by board members:
 
Ian Clarke
Jerry Cope
Sue Couch
Les O’Gorman
 
HOW IT WORKS
 
Each topic below is raised by the FST in an attempt to discuss issues raised primarily by a number of our members. Individual questions from members are sent to the Club outside the meeting, and we encourage members first to raise these directly with the Club via enquiries@fulhamfc.com. 
 
If any member has raised an issue that it has not been possible to discuss in the time available then please do contact us again in good time before the next meeting.
 
The following topics were raised and discussed:
- Ticketing
- Coach Travel
- Away Trips
- The Incident at Barnsley
- Aldershot Friendly
- New FFCtv Service
- Safety Advisory Group (SAG)
- Transfer Window
- Feedback from the Blackburn Game

TICKETING
 
In response to queries from members, the Club confirmed that they were still selling season tickets but only at the Putney End via the waiting list. This was mainly because the pre-set limits for this season had been met in the other stands (Hammersmith, Johnny Haynes), the remainder being available firstly for Members and then Season Ticket Holders as one-offs, then if any remaining, other buyers with a booking history. This approach also importantly maintains fairness for those Riverside season ticket holders who had been moved to the Putney stand and provides a spectrum of ticket availability for match by match buyers. The Club agreed to expand the current position regarding sales in FAQs on the website.
 
The Club confirmed that, so far, match by match tickets had not been made available in the Putney End but that they may do so once season ticket sales had been completed.
 
The Trust asked about the position on season ticket seat upgrades, and the season ticket exchange scheme.
 
The Club confirmed that the upgrade scheme was now in operation, with a fee of £5 for Concession to Adult, and £10 - £20, depending on the match, for Junior to Adult. It can be accessed by phone or in person at the ticket office.  As previously advertised there is a limit of six upgrades per season and the Club reserve the right to refuse upgrades should they feel that the system is being abused.
 
The Club also confirmed that the season ticket exchange scheme was nearly ready to go, with just a few legal issues to be sorted. It would be launched for the first game where there was a sell-out (or perhaps a near sell-out) across all stands, and would be available via a season ticket holder's personal account on the website.
 
Credit would be used to offset against next year's season ticket cost.  For any game, the Exchange will be live from the point of sell-out being declared until midnight on the night before the match.
 
Seats offered via the Exchange scheme will be made available to purchase by anyone currently authorised to buy tickets (e.g. season ticket holders, members, booking history).  A paper ticket will be issued and the season ticket will be cancelled for the match in question.
 
The Trust welcomed both of these developments.
 
COACH TRAVEL
 
The Trust had been concerned to hear of difficulties, seemingly centred on one coach, for the Barnsley game. A coach had turned up at the wrong pick-up point and there had been difficulties with the parking fee when it reached Barnsley. The Trust had also been very concerned that the coach driver had insisted on 'no stop' on the return 5-hour trip, which we regarded as unacceptable. The Club accepted that things had gone wrong, and were already in dialogue with the coach contractor (Kings Ferry) - we were assured that there would be no repeat.
 
The Club also explained that the particular difficulties were not related to a new policy of having an official trained steward on each trip, as this policy had started at the beginning of last season, albeit the volunteer stewards had only been stood down, with a personalised letter of thanks, this season. The Club agreed to feed all the points raised into the training and briefing of stewards and highlighted that the coach stewards will be drawn from the same pool for each away game, allowing them to build a relationship with the away travellers.
 
AWAY TRIPS
 
The Trust and the Club discussed a possibly growing level of concern raised by members about some situations at our away games, including standing in front of supporters themselves unable to stand and/or who had bought tickets specifically in the designated non-standing area. The Club said that they were keeping a close eye on the situation but there was no easy fix. A few fans have been banned from buying tickets because of behavioural issues.
 
The Club confirmed that stewarding at away fixtures is the responsibility of the host club and not all clubs welcomed away stewards.  However the Club does provide away stewards where possible and appropriate.
 
THE BARNSLEY INCIDENT
 
The Trust reaffirmed its extreme disappointment with the alleged incident involving Cyrus Christie's sister and asked for our good wishes to passed on to Cyrus and his family. The Club said that investigations by the South Yorkshire Police were continuing, and they would not be able to make any further statement until the Police themselves reported further, though the Club will continue to assist the authorities.
 
Anyone with information is asked to contact 101 quoting crime reference number 14/118274/19.

ALDERSHOT FRIENDLY
 
The Trust reported that the experience of stewarding at the Brighton game at Aldershot had contrasted badly with previous friendlies at the same ground, which had been most enjoyable. As the Club had not received similar feedback, we would forward details to be taken up with Aldershot.
 
NEW FFCtv SERVICE
 

The Trust reported that some subscribers had difficulty in registering with the new service this season. The Club said that changes have been made to improve both the overall offering and service of FFCtv for the new season, and that one of those changes involved moving to a single provider for both payments and video hosting and streaming.
 
It is likely that those having difficulties either have an expired credit card or an expired subscription.  In both cases the solution is to buy a new product via the Club’s website.
 
The Club encouraged anyone still having difficulties to contact the new provider on ffctvsupport@streamamg.com, who now handle all customer service.
 
The Trust also reported an outage toward the end of the first half of the Blackburn match for international subscribers.  The Club said that it acknowledged the issue at the time and it was rectified appropriately with the service provider on Saturday.
 
The Club confirmed that midweek games, home and away, not selected for TV, would be available for streaming in the UK. They also said that a new App was in development to allow streamed matches to be viewed on mobile devices for the first time, and that those abroad wishing to make a one-off purchase (e.g. when on holiday) could do so, providing the appropriate settings are active on the user’s mobile device.
 
The Club said it hoped the new App will launch in the coming weeks and for now, the best experience for live video and audio streaming is via the new microsite https://tv.fulhamfc.com.

SAFETY ADVISORY GROUP (SAG)
 
The Club confirmed that the Trust was being asked to provide a Fulham representative for this Group, which was convened for clubs in the area by Hammersmith and Fulham Council.  The Trust accepted the invitation to join the SAG on behalf of Fulham supporters.
 
TRANSFER WINDOW
 
As nobody attending the meeting was directly involved in the summer transfer activity it was not possible to discuss any specifics in detail, although the Trust did suggest, notwithstanding deadline day itself had been very busy, whether it might be possible to do more contingency planning if transfers, like that of Ryan Sessegnon, went through at the last minute.
 
Following our suggestion at the February 2019 meeting, the Trust did however welcome the release of a video by Tony Khan setting out in some detail Fulham’s approach to the recent transfer window, not least the importance of keeping within FFP requirements.  Supporters who are subscribers can view the video via FFCtv.
 
The Trust commented that it was in our view unfortunate that the video was behind a TV pay wall and therefore its audience would be restricted. In response the Club agreed to consider a more general release, after a period of exclusivity to subscribers.
 
FEEDBACK FROM THE BLACKBURN GAME
 
The Trust reported that generally feedback had been good about the new arrangements, particularly in the Putney Stand, but perhaps Blackburn had not been a real test. It had however a number of issues to raise, which the Club agreed to take away and look into:
The continuing poor tannoy system (the Club reported this was being tested again this week)
The non-opening of a bar at the Hammersmith end (the Club explained this was due to a power failure)
The lack of handrails stepping up to the higher seats at the Putney End
Standing of away supporters, blocking views for home supporters in the Putney end
The closure of some turnstiles
The lack of nearby disabled toilets at the Hammersmith End
The lack of reusable plastic cups which had been successfully trialled last season
A suggestion that the photographs of mascots be taken towards the Johnny Haynes Stand rather than the derelict Riverside Stand pre-match.
The need for flexible segregation of away supporters depending on the opposition (the Club reported that the distance between home and away supporters could be flexed depending on the fixture).
The Trust requested that particular attention be given to the next home fixture to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort and to allay remaining concerns about the operation of the Putney stand.

The meeting closed at 1430.


Obviously I firstly want to thank those who give up their time to represent the fans and who keep this key stream to the club going.

But that said, whilst it is insightful I do believe, or am under the impression that it's a very subdued and overly cordial way of doing so and in ways which I don't think reflect the true nature of fans feelings.

Perhaps I've missed it, so before going into things in a harsher tone, it'd be good to know a summary of all conversations had with the club in particular around FFC TV and it existing as a fee paying service. Something that has come up and continues to come up as an abhorrent and divisive practice between club and fans. So much relies on the ability for fans to build relationships with the club from scratch and also to maintain them if further afield and when people from London or within the UK can't attend match days. The subscription has continued to isolate both new and long term custodians (talking decades) fans who don't feel it's right to and who over the years have put a lot of hard earned money and investment in the club.

Lower league clubs have systems in place where they can view content still for free and I'd also like to see an area of transparency regarding the figures associated with our scheme. How many subscribers we have and the overall cost and break up geographically.

I don't honestly buy the idea that we have to charge because there are fees related to getting the content, especially match rights because I believe if popular enough this could be absorbed easily by a media sponsor or as part of a media package or general sponsorship opportunity.

Lastly, whilst I appreciate it to be good business practice to never have to pay for things you don't have to and the club have undertaken the rebuild of a new standard and subsequently have upped the costs of tickets above inflation and show no sign of not inflating them further due to being in the 'Premier league' and all that means to ownership,  I think it is harsh to create multiple money making schemes to take money out of the pockets of fans where other platforms are available or where the fans may not have the disposable income to afford it.

I am aware this club is isolating a huge number of fans I've sat beside for over 10 years and whom fulham is their key weekly event and feel they need to be spoken for in no uncertain terms where they may not be able to do so themselves.

This is and continues to be a disgrace to the football / fan culture in my honest opinion, it's off putting as a fan who has supported the club for a majority of his life. Whilst you may lose older guards of fans the club also run the risk of not even being able to appeal to new fans. (Free ticket schemes to schools does not prove financial stability or even the fact that kids may come back), and whilst discounted tickets are a good incentive they will be taken advantage of just as much by kids with an interest in who we play just as much as who support or may support fulham by default.

I know four kids both externally of Fulham and through attending games and all four have lost interest in the club, citing instability of the club but also more key to their decision the ability to support the club in a full manner due to restricted content. (It was probably also affected by the significantly higher cost of tickets in the Premier league for their parents - coupled by the fact their kids become disenchanted and disengaged to a satisfactory level to not merit the continued outlay.

It'd be interesting for me to do a salary comparison regarding how much expendable income a fan would need to be able to be a Fulham fan.

Offline 70sPimlico

  • tjl
  • *
  • Posts: 163
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »
NOTES FROM FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC



Obviously I firstly want to thank those who give up their time to represent the fans and who keep this key stream to the club going.

But that said, whilst it is insightful I do believe, or am under the impression that it's a very subdued and overly cordial way of doing so and in ways which I don't think reflect the true nature of fans feelings.


For the record, I'm a fan of long-standing and the cordial dialogue does reflect my feelings.


You make some valid, well written points that have obviosuly taken some thought and time to post. My first reaction is to suggest you join the FST and attend the meetings.


Offline Roberty

  • Jimmy Hill
  • *
  • Posts: 2080
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »
There is a well known saying - there is no such thing as a free lunch. The meaning of which is that the cost of the lunch will be passed back to you at some point

I'm a subscriber to FulhamTV and it is a joy to be able to watch highlights of matches or hear live commentary, if I'm not there, with Gentleman Jim and Jamie's biased commentary - this as an alternative to wasting an hour or more waiting for the few second we eventually occupy on TV and having to listening to "expert analysis" from commentators and presenters who always seem to be in love with our opposition. 

I do thought see no reason for the other season ticket holders being forced to have to pay for the cost of my indulgence, just as I also don't think the cost of a program, cup ticket, drinks or food should be arbitrary included.

As an aside - I can see that all of the hospitality packages seem to include drinks and the cost of each only seems to make sense if you take full advantage of that. So this season there will be no treats for me because I prefer to be in a condition where I'm sober enough to stand to celebrate the avalanche of goals that we're going to score this season.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:44:00 PM by Roberty »

Offline toshes mate

  • Gentleman Jim
  • ***
  • Posts: 5038
  • Vitam Impendere Vero
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:45 AM »
In General I believe.   

He speaks up for all those marginalised by the cost of football and the greed model that persists in a business model based upon the richest clubs.  You have to have considerable disposable income to follow FFC as costs per typical month now run into hundreds of pounds when all costs are taken into consideration, even to watch second tier action.   The penny pinching elsewhere is often an insult to the intelligence of long term supporters who live reasonably close to Craven Cottage and could attend games were ticket prices less hostile to Mr, Ms or Mrs Ordinary Folk.

But what can FST do?   There is a rich and diverse non-London or UK based FFC support who can watch/follow all Fulham games much more cheaply than home based fans.  That element needs encouragement if the income serves to improve FFC’s financial sustainability.   Should the FFCTV service reflect this divide and come to a better arrangement for those based in the UK who simply cannot afford to attend games?  How would FFC do this when media rights determined and allowed by the football authorities prevent it?   What is the strategy, if any, the football authorities are about?   Do they care or are they simply living a grand lifestyle and gravy with everything courtesy of media domination?

It seems to me that the FST approach is a reflection of the dilemma and malaise of the game in England which has ceased to care as long as the Etihad and so on are filled to the brim whilst Bury cannot even get a game underway just eight or so miles away.

I admire FST for the horrible job they have volunteered for and been landed with simply because the enemy has so many more weapons to use against them.   It is tough to negotiate when your hands are tied – I know I have been there.

Offline MJG

  • MAESTRO
  • **
  • Posts: 2544
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
"or am under the impression that it's a very subdued and overly cordial way of doing so and in ways which I don't think reflect the true nature of fans feelings."

As someone who up until last year was on the FST Board and attended these meeting I can only give my insight from doing that for the previous 5 years. These meetings are of course cordial. My favourite rebuttal of this is what do you want them to be? Do you want to see us have a shouting match and pin the CEO up against the wall? That’s not going to get us anywhere.

But that’s not to say that the meetings do not include forceful arguments and points of view on both sides. Are the trust successful in getting some things changes changed? Absolutely, I’ve seen it. Has a direct route to some of the departments helped fans both on an individual basis and across the fan base over the last few years? Yes again. Has the Trust failed to get other subjects looked at or changed? Of course.

If anything, its not about getting the club to change or put a process in place, its about keeping on their back to continue to doing it.

Mostly it’s a very good communication channel for fans and allows some insight into the clubs thinking and where possible allows that to become public. 
What started as just the CEO and Sarah Brookes in attendance at times has moved to where heads of department outnumber the board members. They do take seriously what is said, but we can not control what they do with what’s put to them in recommendations.

On the online pay issue that was raised when it first came in. The reasons behind it were explained. Doesn’t mean we liked it, doesn’t mean we said don’t do it. But in the end the comms/media team have to bring in some money to pay for parts of it the club wont fund. They want to give VFM to those who do pay.

To finish I’d add that fans don’t see the daily stuff that board members get involved in. There is nearly some kind of question, query, conversation or meeting being had every day of the week.
Could it all be better, could the Trust have more teeth, more say in matters? It could and should, but that’s in the hands of the club to give that as well.

The hardest thing I have found over the years is explaining why. Why are the club doing this or that? Actually, maybe its not the explaining part, maybe it’s the answer part people don’t like. No matter what excuse or reasoning behind say the pay TV, people will still say ‘Khan his reach he should fund it’.
The reason behind the Putney end no segregation. If I said we could put a metal barrier under the stand to separate fans but it would reduce capacity by 1500 due to safety reasons and left lots of empty seats in the Putney stand people would moan about that. Better to have the 1500 in surely?



Online Statto

  • Gentleman Jim
  • ***
  • Posts: 8147
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
The reason behind the Putney end no segregation. If I said we could put a metal barrier under the stand to separate fans but it would reduce capacity by 1500 due to safety reasons and left lots of empty seats in the Putney stand people would moan about that. Better to have the 1500 in surely?

Agree with everything you've said except this.
The lack of segregation is an absolutely shocking decision and IMO reflects as poorly on the EFL and police as it does on the club, as I assume their approval was required.
We can all gripe about relatively trivial things like poor performances or paying a fiver to watch highlights but with the lack of segregation something far more serious could (and IMO probably will) happen at some point)

Online Arthur

  • Legend
  • ***
  • Posts: 1538
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Online Statto

  • Gentleman Jim
  • ***
  • Posts: 8147
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 12:41:43 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals


Offline MJG

  • MAESTRO
  • **
  • Posts: 2544
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:17 PM »
my point being that if we had a load of spaces and we're sold out at 17500 loads would moan.
Must admit having sat in P1&2 for two seasons as a ST holder and never had a problem I have agree with the way things are being done, but of course hope as they have done before that the club man the area we. We shall see. I do feel though that many fans worried about some games are talking themselves into their being issues. When really if you just go about your business there should be no problems. We have a pretty unique situation at that end of the ground and the mixed area was a compromise and this is another one. Once new stand is built and extra turnstiles and exits into the park come into place this will change.

Offline MJG

  • MAESTRO
  • **
  • Posts: 2544
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals
but there have been ST holders there in the past.

Online Statto

  • Gentleman Jim
  • ***
  • Posts: 8147
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 12:57:37 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals
but there have been ST holders there in the past.

Well i admit that is news to me if true. I thought the neutral section was unavailable when away fans sold enough tickets to fill that end, so how could we have offered STs in those seats?

Which also gives rise to another question if we're talking about previous seasons - have we actually had the neutral section in operation against the naughty teams like Leeds and Cardiff (who I thought always sold out the whole end) and for high risk fixtures like QPR and Brentford?


Online Arthur

  • Legend
  • ***
  • Posts: 1538
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals

Does this make the risk of trouble more likely? If at all, only marginally, I would think. Unless, that is, you consider that the greater number of home fans somewhat increases the likelihood of an attack on away supporters. 

Offline MJG

  • MAESTRO
  • **
  • Posts: 2544
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 01:10:53 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals
but there have been ST holders there in the past.

Well i admit that is news to me if true. I thought the neutral section was unavailable when away fans sold enough tickets to fill that end, so how could we have offered STs in those seats?

Which also gives rise to another question if we're talking about previous seasons - have we actually had the neutral section in operation against the naughty teams like Leeds and Cardiff (who I thought always sold out the whole end) and for high risk fixtures like QPR and Brentford?
if true?!!!! Seriously I just said I had.. In fact we had two, me and my dad, for two years. P1 and then P2. Mixed with every fan going with no problems. Over last couple of years we have restricted sales for some games and tried to make the areas Fulham only at times. The point being fans have  mixed in that end for years, ST holders, neutrals and away fans  with isolated incidents.

Online Statto

  • Gentleman Jim
  • ***
  • Posts: 8147
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 01:33:23 PM »
Is there anything different about the segregation at the Putney End this season than in previous seasons? Didn't away supporters and those in the neutral section always share the concourse?

Yes, this season it's Fulham ST-holders not neutrals
but there have been ST holders there in the past.

Well i admit that is news to me if true. I thought the neutral section was unavailable when away fans sold enough tickets to fill that end, so how could we have offered STs in those seats?

Which also gives rise to another question if we're talking about previous seasons - have we actually had the neutral section in operation against the naughty teams like Leeds and Cardiff (who I thought always sold out the whole end) and for high risk fixtures like QPR and Brentford?
if true?!!!! Seriously I just said I had.. In fact we had two, me and my dad, for two years. P1 and then P2. Mixed with every fan going with no problems. Over last couple of years we have restricted sales for some games and tried to make the areas Fulham only at times. The point being fans have  mixed in that end for years, ST holders, neutrals and away fans  with isolated incidents.

Well I don't mean to call you a liar

However, I've seen that whole end full with away fans with my own eyes so there must be little or no ST holders in there (admittedly I may not have noticed 5 people who didn't stand up with the other 6,000 when the away team scored)

And IIRC you're one of those who's circulated the explanation for the neutral section, being that on games when away fans won't sell out the whole end, we have to put someone there and it can't be FFC fans due to the lack of segregation, so we have to badge it as 'neutral'

So if it's true that we've sold STs in the neutral section that would mean not only that my own eyes are lying to me (as I say, not impossible) but also that the common explanation for us having a neutral section is false

So you'll have to forgive me for being a bit confused
 


Offline Dr Quinzel

  • Graham Leggat
  • **
  • Posts: 302
Re: FST AUGUST MEETING WITH FULHAM FC
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »
The club went against the Mets advice with their Putney setup this year. Hopefully everyone can behave like adults and their are no issues, but sadly you tend to think it unlikely. With Fulham being a jolly boys outing for a lot of other fans, and the day on 'packet and beer', it won't take much for some trouble.