News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how will the club rectify this problem ?

Started by Riversider, August 15, 2019, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Just a snippet from the F.S.T notes, but boy is this going to be a problem, and one that none of us could foresee,
Against Blackburn a section of our support had their view restricted by the away supporters standing ,bear in mind this was Blackburn Rovers,  not Leeds or Millwall or Forest etc, but Blackburn Rovers,
If I had a season ticket in P4 or parts of P3 I would be quite rightly miffed,
So moving forward how does the club rectify this problem,  please don't reply with "get the away supporters to sit" because that won't be happening,
This is going to be a real headache,  was anybody on here affected on Saturday ? If so how bad was it and what do you suggest ?

sarnian

Think this will only apply to some P4 seats that are close to P5 and may restrict view into the corner. by the old Riverside Stand. Anything straight ahead or to their right should be no problem.

Statto

This is like one of those unintentionally hilarious stories you read a local paper about some village resident who's outraged that a local dog keeps knocking over their garden gnome
:005:

SP

Think I'd be more worried about mingling with the Millwall fans on the Putney concourse?

Baszab

My prime seats From the Riverside are now are behind the Putney end goal and can't see anything except standing away fans and the inside of the net

After 50 years of season tickets this is a pretty poor result

The planning and treatment of the season ticket holders for the move has been quite amateurish

I will always follow FFC but I feel their attitude to genuinely loyal supporters is quite poor and leaves a bitter taste

When the new stand is completed I expect that my seat will of course have doubled in price

MikeW

You have my sympathy but the expression 'thankless task' looms large.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Statto

Not sure what the club are supposed to do. The Putney end was the only place they could put people. So it was either that or don't build the new stand.

The lack of segregation on the concourse, as mentioned above, seems a much, much bigger issue to me.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2019, 07:46:20 PM
Not sure what the club are supposed to do. The Putney end was the only place they could put people. So it was either that or don't build the new stand.

The lack of segregation on the concourse, as mentioned above, seems a much, much bigger issue to me.

Two entirely separate issues to be considered and dealt with on their own rights, yes the concourse will be an issue, especially next season when the away support is more aware of the set up,
But Fulham supporters not being able to fully see the pitch is also a problem that the club will have to deal with, if they don't then I would imagine that season ticket sales will fall even further next season.

SuffolkWhite

Am I mistaken? but havent away fans been mixing with Fulham fans in the Putney for some time?

As for the Riversiders move to the Putney, ad Statto says what else could be done. It was always going to be a pigs ear for fans.

Still it is something to moan about, which is what this message board is about. Letting off steam about the incompetant Club.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

epsomraver

Quote from: Riversider on August 15, 2019, 08:16:13 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2019, 07:46:20 PM

Two entirely separate issues to be considered and dealt with on their own rights, yes the concourse will be an issue, especially next season when the away support is more aware of the set up,
But Fulham supporters not being able to fully see the pitch is also a problem that the club will have to deal with, if they don't then I would imagine that season ticket sales will fall even further next season.

Where I sit in B block home fans keep standing up even when they have an unobstructed view of the game with a wall in front,  when play is down by the cottage so therefore I have two choices, one being to stand up, not easy with a dodgy knee or two miss whats happening, what are the club going to do about that? welcome to the world outside the Riverside

hovewhite

The khans more interested in your wallets than fans as they know they will get tourists in to fill the seats!!

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Riversider on August 15, 2019, 04:24:05 PM
Just a snippet from the F.S.T notes, but boy is this going to be a problem, and one that none of us could foresee,
Against Blackburn a section of our support had their view restricted by the away supporters standing ,bear in mind this was Blackburn Rovers,  not Leeds or Millwall or Forest etc, but Blackburn Rovers,
If I had a season ticket in P4 or parts of P3 I would be quite rightly miffed,
So moving forward how does the club rectify this problem,  please don't reply with "get the away supporters to sit" because that won't be happening,
This is going to be a real headache,  was anybody on here affected on Saturday ? If so how bad was it and what do you suggest ?

I don't follow - how is it different in Putney to anywhere else? If H4 stood for a corner, those in H5 and H6 would need to too? Just... stand up?

FFCAli

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 16, 2019, 03:13:55 PM

I don't follow - how is it different in Putney to anywhere else? If H4 stood for a corner, those in H5 and H6 would need to too? Just... stand up?

Away supporters stand all match every match.

MJG

So only solution is to leave a big gap where the club dont sell the seats, but to make it completly free of a head in the way that would pretty much mean P1 & P2 the only ones open.

There is no perfect solution to this. I sit in H block of JH stand and it has a pillar in the way and people stand at times its the nature of the stadium.
Just the views of a long term fan

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: FFCAli on August 16, 2019, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 16, 2019, 03:13:55 PM

Away supporters stand all match every match.

Constant standing, right - I follow. How could the club ever solve this - you can't help the actions of 2000 people. If you can stand, then just stand yourself obviously, but those who cannot I can see how it would be a pain.

mrmicawbers

Home fans getting excited and standing up at certain time .How very dare they.