watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christopher Samba

Started by Spirit of 2000, August 16, 2019, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Free agent. Games for Villa in championship last season.  Big dominating CB. Surely worth a contract until next summer to provide cover?

Marcel_Gecov

Good god no. Played 12 times in 117/18 season and hasnt played since. Why ould we do that to ourselves?

SP

charlieFFC

Can an admin please delete this thread just in case Tony is drinking one night and thinks this is in any way a good idea

snarks

I remember when 'Arry signed him for QPR from some Russian club, he was poor then, age will not have improved him, and there is a very good reason why he is a free agent now

Carborundum

Soft spot for the lad.  Made a spectacular mess of passing around the back whilst playing at the Cottage in a QPR shirt, leading to a gift of a goal.  3-2 win on a freezing cold night if I recall.  So out of kindness let's just agree that he might not fit our style of play.  We'd win a few headers defending corners though.

SP

Quote from: Carborundum on August 16, 2019, 05:07:59 PM
Soft spot for the lad.  Made a spectacular mess of passing around the back whilst playing at the Cottage in a QPR shirt, leading to a gift of a goal.  3-2 win on a freezing cold night if I recall.  So out of kindness let's just agree that he might not fit our style of play.  We'd win a few headers defending corners though.

That was a great game & stands pretty close to the top in the list of QPR's disastrous trips to the Cottage.  Samba was truly awful that night.

MikeW

Quote from: snarks on August 16, 2019, 05:06:06 PM
I remember when 'Arry signed him for QPR from some Russian club, he was poor then, age will not have improved him, and there is a very good reason why he is a free agent now

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Harry also pay a phenomenal amount of money for him?  The halcien days of Tony the madman as chairman backed by Tata Steel money?  (Oh, and Bernie Ecclestone.  How that went wrong!)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

junior white

Defo no was rubbish at qpr

snarks

Quote from: MikeW on August 16, 2019, 06:44:19 PM
Quote from: snarks on August 16, 2019, 05:06:06 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Harry also pay a phenomenal amount of money for him?  The halcien days of Tony the madman as chairman backed by Tata Steel money?  (Oh, and Bernie Ecclestone.  How that went wrong!)

That is true, but I think he sold him back to Russia for the same amount, either way he was poor then and undoubtedly poor now