fulhamfever

Ivan got the win

Marcus's distribution is questionable and his positioning for the equalizer

Twig

What did Betts do so wrong? 

Tabby

Quote from: Twig on August 16, 2019, 09:40:14 PM
What did Betts do so wrong?

Looked pretty weak on the Huddersfield goal. Which was their only shot on target.

So not a lot to judge him on other than that and mediocre distribution.

bill taylors apprentice

I can forgive him his languid demeanour  as he's gangly, but he should have reached the ball before it crossed the line.
Not impressed after 3 games!

Twig

Should have reached the ball?  Are you guys for real, he very nearly pulled off a worldy save.  That goal was down to defensive errors not a keeping error.

bobby01

Oh well, as Dennis wasn't playing I suppose this was predictable.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Dougie

2mm away from a quality save. He would have been shaping for a glancing header the way the striker was positioned as the ball came in. CBs more responsible for letting the striker ghost between them.

fulhamfever

The longer Odoi stays out the better. I just don't think Fabri was given a fair chance.

Moltobueno

not much work for Bettinelli, but 1 shot on target, 1 goal conceded...

Plodder

Some people here have a prejudiced agenda against Bettinelli. It is almost as if they want to show how free-thinking and iconoclastic they are by wanting a Fulham favourite to be dropped simply because he is respected by many for his affection for the club. There was nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with his distribution tonight, and he was blameless for the goal. How was he a "liability"? He had an easy time of it tonight, so he had no saves to make, but he made no mistakes. There's always someone who becomes a target for being dropped, and already (for no reason based on performances to date), it is Bettinelli.

ALG01

Mawson is totally at fault for the goal, ball watching and not marking, that should have been an easy ball for a center half that was awake. Mawson is not yet looking like a player worthy of his fee.

bill taylors apprentice

Some of the criticisms by those defending our goalkeepers failure to save the header is harsher than the criticism of the player! 

Yes, the defence let him down by allowing a free head but a top 6 goalkeeper should be making those saves more often than not.

He's probably the best we have at the moment but he will have to up his game moving forward and I bet he knows it.

howitis

I can just about accept the goal, but his indecision with the ball at his feet will cost us dear this season. Our game management at seeing out that game was pretty poor and much of the concern came from 2 x CB's and GK.
Marcus just isn't good enough for what we are trying to achieve. I can't see the point in trying to get through another season knowing that he is barely champ class let alone Prem quality ...

Robbie

I watched every second of the match. Betts was not really at fault. The Hudds attacker was given a free header.

Nero

Quote from: howitis on August 16, 2019, 10:09:07 PM
I can just about accept the goal, but his indecision with the ball at his feet will cost us dear this season. Our game management at seeing out that game was pretty poor and much of the concern came from 2 x CB's and GK.
Marcus just isn't good enough for what we are trying to achieve. I can't see the point in trying to get through another season knowing that he is barely champ class let alone Prem quality ...

But yet has an England Call up not  bad for a League kepper

Lighthouse

Every goal we concede is down to a keeper or defensive error. Every goal we score is brilliant and well worked even when it is a defensive error. That has always been the way fans look at the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Quote from: Plodder on August 16, 2019, 09:56:23 PM
Some people here have a prejudiced agenda against Bettinelli. It is almost as if they want to show how free-thinking and iconoclastic they are by wanting a Fulham favourite to be dropped simply because he is respected by many for his affection for the club. There was nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with his distribution tonight, and he was blameless for the goal. How was he a "liability"? He had an easy time of it tonight, so he had no saves to make, but he made no mistakes. There's always someone who becomes a target for being dropped, and already (for no reason based on performances to date), it is Bettinelli.

Precisely. 

junior white

Looking at the replay he only got a touch after the ball hit the post, even then not sure it was his hand. I felt he should of diced to the post not into the goal, yes he would have hit the post but that's part of keeping