Swansea
3-2
Preston NE
Wigan
0-2
Leeds

WhiteJC

Josh Onomah opens up about leaving Spurs

Fulham midfielder Josh Onomah has spoken about his deadline day move to Cottagers from Tottenham.

The former Spurs playmaker was involved in a deal on the final day of the transfer window that saw Ryan Sessegnon head to the north London side and Onomah move the other way on a permanent deal, and the 22-year-old has spoken about the move for the first time.

Speaking to Fulham's official website, Onomah said: "It was weird leaving Tottenham. I've been with them since I was eight, Tottenham has been my whole life, so it has been strange, but when one door closes another one opens.

"All I'm feeling now is excitement about the new challenge here, and hopefully I can settle in quickly."

Onomah has been part of the Tottenham first-team squad since the age of 17, however, the midfielder has often found himself in the U-23 side in Premier League 2 or out on loan at the likes of Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday

The England youth international also spoke out about how hectic the deal was to experience, with Onomah being a vital figure piece in a two-way transfer in the final days of the transfer window.

The midfielder said: "It was a stressful couple of days, what with me not being definitely sure if it was going to happen or not," Onomah told fulhamfc.com. "But to finally get here, meet the players, meet the staff, is amazing and I just can't wait to get started.

"When there's two deals relying on each other it makes things a little more complicated. You hope for the best and that it all goes to plan, and thankfully it did. I wish Sess (Sessegnon) the best as well. I know him, I know he's going to settle in quickly and do well, and I wish all the best for him."

https://spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/josh-onomah-opens-up-about-leaving-spurs/

WhiteJC

Huddersfield sack manager Jan Siewert after just one victory from 19 games in charge

Siewert took over in January after David Wagner left the club but could not prevent their relegation from the Premier League – and a poor start to this season has cost him his job

Huddersfield have sacked boss Jan Siewert following their 2-1 defeat by Fulham.

The 36-year-old German managed just one victory from his 19 games in charge.

Siewert took over in January after David Wagner left the club but could not prevent their relegation from the Premier League – and a poor start to this season has cost him his job.

Siewert's only win was a 1-0 victory over Wolves in his fifth game at the helm as Huddersfield finished bottom, relegated by March.

A club statement read: "Huddersfield Town has this evening terminated the contract of head coach Jan Siewert with immediate effect.

"Siewert joined the club from Borussia Dortmund in January 2019 in the club's ultimately unsuccessful fight against relegation from the Premier League and led the team in the first four competitive games of the new season, with his final game in charge being the Sky Bet Championship defeat to Fulham on Friday evening.

"No further comment will be made this evening."

Calls for Siewert to be sacked had grown earlier in the week after the Terriers were dumped out of the Carabao Cup at the hands of Lincoln.

And the club acted on Friday night after their third match without a win in the Championship, with Ivan Cavaleiro's curling effort 10 minutes from time giving Fulham victory.

Karlan Grant's third goal of the campaign had earlier cancelled out Aleksandar Mitrovic's opener.

The Terriers enjoyed the best of the first half but once again their goal-shy attack failed to deliver.

Steven Sessegnon, making his league debut for Fulham, produced a brilliant lunging block to keep out Lewis O'Brien's third minute effort as Huddersfield started quickly.

Alex Pritchard flashed a long range effort wide on seven minutes before Cavaleiro sent a curing effort wide a minute later after Kamil Grabara flapped at a cross.

The forward then scuffed an effort straight at Grabara on 18 minutes following a surging run into the danger zone.

Terence Kongolo headed wide from a 28th minute corner, before Pritchard won another corner a minute later as Huddersfield kept up the pressure.

It led to increased frustration among the home fans as possession was squandered in key areas in the run up to half-time.

Grabara got down well to keep out Joe Bryan's fierce shot across goal on 41 minutes during a rare Fulham attack.

Mitrovic blazed over at the start of the second half after his initial shot had been blocked by Christopher Schindler.

Grabara turned an Anthony Knockaert shot away with his legs as the visitors started to turn the screw.

And they got their reward when Mitrovic beat Tommy Elphick at the back post to head home on 51 minutes after Juninho Bacuna had initially made a mess of a clearance.

But the lead lasted just six minutes when Grant got his third of the season after his header hit the post and was ruled by goal-line technology to have crossed the line.

Grabara got the better of Knockaert in a one-on-one on 60 minutes as the game began to open up.

And the Cottagers wrapped it up late on when Cavaleiro curled into the top corner after he had been given far too much space on the corner of the box – a goal which ultimately cost Siewert his job.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/huddersfield-town-sack-jan-siewert-1-win-19-games-championship-news-a9063271.html

WhiteJC

Leeds United fans ask will Mitrovic get banned like Bamford for this pathetic attempt to get a Huddersfield player sent off

Leeds United fans are taking the charge and calling for EFL to ban Fulham star Aleksandar Mitrovic after the Serbian was caught on cam deliberately trying to get a Huddersfield player sent off during the Championship fixture last night.

Not for one minute saying Bamford didn't dive, however if Mitrovic doesn't get a retrospective ban it's just indisputable proof the EFL is corrupt! Due to Mitrovic's over the top reaction it's much worse than Bamford's dive!#LUFC pic.twitter.com/2Srpb0wSvA
    — Totally Leeds (@TotallyLeeds) August 16, 2019

Siewert took over in January after David Wagner left the club but could not prevent their relegation from the Premier League – and a poor start to this season has cost him his job.

Siewert's only win was a 1-0 victory over Wolves in his fifth game at the helm as Huddersfield finished bottom, relegated by March.

A club statement read: "Huddersfield Town has this evening terminated the contract of head coach Jan Siewert with immediate effect.

"Siewert joined the club from Borussia Dortmund in January 2019 in the club's ultimately unsuccessful fight against relegation from the Premier League and led the team in the first four competitive games of the new season, with his final game in charge being the Sky Bet Championship defeat to Fulham on Friday evening.

Calls for Siewert to be sacked had grown earlier in the week after the Terriers were dumped out of the Carabao Cup at the hands of Lincoln.

And the club acted on Friday night after their third match without a win in the Championship, with Ivan Cavaleiro's curling effort 10 minutes from time giving Fulham victory.

Karlan Grant's third goal of the campaign had earlier cancelled out Aleksandar Mitrovic's opener.

The Terriers enjoyed the best of the first half but once again their goal-shy attack failed to deliver.

Steven Sessegnon, making his league debut for Fulham, produced a brilliant lunging block to keep out Lewis O'Brien's third minute effort as Huddersfield started quickly.

Alex Pritchard flashed a long range effort wide on seven minutes before Cavaleiro sent a curing effort wide a minute later after Kamil Grabara flapped at a cross.

The forward then scuffed an effort straight at Grabara on 18 minutes following a surging run into the danger zone.

Terence Kongolo headed wide from a 28th minute corner, before Pritchard won another corner a minute later as Huddersfield kept up the pressure.

It led to increased frustration among the home fans as possession was squandered in key areas in the run up to half-time.

Grabara got down well to keep out Joe Bryan's fierce shot across goal on 41 minutes during a rare Fulham attack.

Mitrovic blazed over at the start of the second half after his initial shot had been blocked by Christopher Schindler.

Grabara turned an Anthony Knockaert shot away with his legs as the visitors started to turn the screw.

And they got their reward when Mitrovic beat Tommy Elphick at the back post to head home on 51 minutes after Juninho Bacuna had initially made a mess of a clearance.

But the lead lasted just six minutes when Grant got his third of the season after his header hit the post and was ruled by goal-line technology to have crossed the line.

Grabara got the better of Knockaert in a one-on-one on 60 minutes as the game began to open up.

And the Cottagers wrapped it up late on when Cavaleiro curled into the top corner after he had been given far too much space on the corner of the box – a goal which ultimately cost Siewert his job.

https://www.thickaccent.com/2019/08/17/leeds-united-fans-ask-will-mitrovic-get-banned-like-bamford-for-this-pathetic-attempt-to-get-a-huddersfield-player-sent-off/

WhiteJC

Hughton, Campbell, Monk linked as Huddersfield axe Siewert

A host of big names have been linked with the Huddersfield job after the Terriers sacked boss Jan Siewert following Friday evening's 2-1 defeat by Fulham.

Former Brighton boss Hughton has been installed as 2/1 favourite with bookmakers, while Nigel Adkins (4/1), Sol Campbell (6/1), Gary Rowett (14/1) and Garry Monk (16/1) also in the running.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/hughton-campbell-monk-linked-as-huddersfield-axe-siewert

WhiteJC

Millwall's Harris: 'Fulham best in league – but we've sold out allocation and will enjoy it'

NEIL Harris believes Fulham have the best squad in the league – but said his side will enjoy their trip to Craven Cottage on Wednesday in front of a sold-out away end.

Millwall are still unbeaten in the Championship after Saturday's 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday at The Den left them on seven points from three games.

Scott Parker's Cottagers are a point behind after Friday's 2-1 win at Huddersfield.

"If you look back two weeks you wouldn't have thought Millwall-Fulham was a big game," Harris said. "I don't look at it that it's a really big game for anything other than it's a London derby and it's our next game.

"Fulham are a top side, I watched them last night. You look at their team on paper, the players they've got on the bench – it's the best in the league.

"If they don't get in the top two it's a travesty. We'll be the underdog, not fancied, people will be writing us off already.

"All we can do is go and enjoy ourselves, put in the best performance we can, try and play well on the night, hopefully get a bit of lady luck. It's a great game, we've sold our allocation out so the atmosphere will be like it was today, like it was against Preston and like it was against West Brom last week.

"The fans are enjoying watching their team at the moment and it's my job to make sure the connection is there between the fans and the pitch – and it certainly is."

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/72793-millwalls-harris-fulham-best-in-league-but-weve-sold-out-allocation-and-will-enjoy-it

WhiteJC

Millwall boss gives his verdict on Fulham fixture – and reckons it will be a "travesty" if west London side do not finish in top two

Millwall manager Neil Harris feels all the pressure is on Fulham ahead of this Wednesday's derby at Craven Cottage.

The Lions are still undefeated this season and picked up their second Championship victory with a 1-0 success over Sheffield Wednesday today – despite playing more than 50 minutes down to 10 men.

Jed Wallace is set to be suspended after his red card against the Owls, unless Millwall appeal the dismissal.

Harris watched Fulham's 2-1 win at Huddersfield Town on Friday night.

"Fulham are a top side," he said. "I watched them last night and if you look at their team on paper – and bench – they are the best team in the league.

"If they don't get top two it will be a travesty. We'll be the underdog, not fancied – people will be writing us off.

"We'll got and put in the best performance we can, try to perform on the night and hopefully get a little bit of Lady Luck.

"We'll go and enjoy it. We've sold our allocation out – so the atmosphere on Wednesday will be like today, Preston and West Brom."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-boss-gives-his-verdict-on-fulham-fixture-and-reckons-it-will-be-a-travesty-if-west-london-side-do-not-finish-in-top-two/

WhiteJC

Arise, Sir Steven

I'm sure many of you had a brother or sister growing up- but if you didn't, let me describe it to you. I was one of four, and EVERYTHING was a competition in my house. Particularly with my younger brother as we were only 18 months apart, everything from tying shoe laces to eating dinner was completed with a highly competitive edge. It was carnage at times! I'd imagine that the rivalry between siblings is only intensified when you are a twin, so I'm sure there were some battles inside the Sessegnon house when Ryan and Steven were growing up. I reckon the twins loved getting one over on the other in a friendly way, but I also reckon that both boys spurred each other on, encouraged each other and essentially made each other better players.

However, while I think that the twin dynamic has benefitted the boys, I'd imagine that sometimes it must have been tough for Steven when he was watching Ryan take steps in his career at a quicker pace. What we have seen in public has been a real mutual respect and love between the boys, but I'm sure it wasn't always easy, even if Steven has never shown it! He maybe felt in his twin's shadow at times, but now it's time for him to step out and make his own mark in the footballing world.

Many of us have been calling for Steven's inclusion in the team for a year or so but apart from a few cup appearances, we were left frustrated. But finally, on a cold and windy night in the North West, exactly two years on from Ryan's debut in the same league, we got to see Steven in action- and what a league debut he had. I was massively impressed with what I saw from him, particularly in aiding the attack. He maybe drifted to the left a bit more than we would want from a right back, but I don't think that's the position he has played most in so it's OK to take some time to adapt. Like Ryan, he is a very hard worker, and also had to confidence to pass the ball around with pace. In attack he had the Huddersfield defence worried on several occasions and was very unfortunate not to come away from the match with an assist. Without his endeavour to get the ball into the box, we wouldn't have clinched our second goal so he had a rea;;y positive impact on the result. He looks much more able in that position than Denis Odoi and Cyrus Christie so he should soon cement his place there.

It may have came two years after Ryan, but we all take our own routes in life and there is absolutely no shame in that. This is Steven's time, and I'm buzzing to see what he has in store for us.

#COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/arise-sir-steven/

Bill2

Quote from: whitejc on August 18, 2019, 07:29:27 AM
Leeds United fans ask will Mitrovic get banned like Bamford for this pathetic attempt to get a Huddersfield player sent off

Leeds United fans are taking the charge and calling for EFL to ban Fulham star Aleksandar Mitrovic after the Serbian was caught on cam deliberately trying to get a Huddersfield player sent off during the Championship fixture last night.

Not for one minute saying Bamford didn't dive, however if Mitrovic doesn't get a retrospective ban it's just indisputable proof the EFL is corrupt! Due to Mitrovic's over the top reaction it's much worse than Bamford's dive!#LUFC pic.twitter.com/2Srpb0wSvA
    — Totally Leeds (@TotallyLeeds) August 16, 2019

https://www.thickaccent.com/2019/08/17/leeds-united-fans-ask-will-mitrovic-get-banned-like-bamford-for-this-pathetic-attempt-to-get-a-huddersfield-player-sent-off/
Have just watched the incident the Leeds fans are referring to and there are a huge number of differences when calling for similar punishments for Mitro.
Basically Bamford succeeded in getting the Villa player sent off, where with Mitro the ref ignored it and let play continue and then there is the awful way the Leeds players reacted in first not putting the ball out when they looked like they would and then getting in a mass brawl.
So the punishment cannot be the same and while a slap on the wrist may be justified a ban would be very harsh especially where numerous players fall over like they have been shot every week and that must be classed as the same sort of thing.

hovewhite

Watched Colin Murray on quest highlights and he watched it and didn't question mitro at all as mitro had taken a battering!