watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What changes if any would u make in the next 2 games

Started by Finnans Right Peg, August 17, 2019, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

With games coming thick and fast what changes would you make to keep us fresh .

I would take stef jo out for reed and possibly cav out for reid against millwall just to freshen us up .its not a pop at either player its just to keep them fresh

fulhamben

I've seen so little of our new recruits that I couldn't possibly say who to change. I'm a firm believer in the you dont change a winning team mantra. And this early on in the season fatigue shouldn't even be a thing. I'd give yesterdays team a run out again against the wall and take it from there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Remember one factor in our poor performances last season was the frequent team changes.
Leave this team as it is for a while they are still building their understanding with each other and hopefully will improve by the match.

grandad

Certainly against Millwall I would not change anything. The starters need to gell more. I would have Mitro man marking Smith at corners & set pieces with our CB´s blocking him from getting a run at the ball.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

No need to make unnecessary changes, it's early season, they are not tired they are athletes. Keep the same team that contributed in earning a well deserved away victory, for so many different reasons, for familiarity, team spirit, and make the others earn and win a place, that creates a competitive atmosphere, they are not on a rota, that is a recipe for disaster, we are not playing on a computer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

I wouldn't change Cav. The goal may have been just what he needed and we need to see whether he can step up his performance now.  Stef Jo is the one possible change but I think it's a bit early to change a winning team.

H4usuallysitting

Against Millwall - I'd introduce at half time a few pints of Fullers London Pride....and against Forest I'd do the same, but maybe add a cottage pie to get me through....that should make us more clinical in front of goal

Finnans Right Peg

Understand the need in not changing a winning team I just think  one or two will keep us fresh

Skatzoffc

I woudn't change anything yet.

Cavaliero again looked the poorest player in the first half imo. But then got better and scored the winner.
So SP's decision to keep him on and bring on Bobby for Stefjo was correct as it turned out.
Cav is playing on the left and obv wants to use his right peg. But he will get better each game as he gets his fitness back and learns to work with our team.

For me Steve Sess looked good. I see no reason to swap him out. He will get better as the season progresses imo.
CB pairing looks good too.

Leave as is and let's see in 4-5 games.
It's a long season.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

Betts doing well and a good championship keeper but he is no star at the moment, but Fabri is a top keeper at least was as twice Turkish Super Lig goalkeeper of the year.

The Enclosurite

Keep the team the same for Millwall, we have a league cup game coming up where we can experiment/rest.  Don't unnecessarily change a winning team I say.
¡COYW!

ALG01

:yay:
Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2019, 06:42:20 PM
I've seen so little of our new recruits that I couldn't possibly say who to change. I'm a firm believer in the you dont change a winning team mantra. And this early on in the season fatigue shouldn't even be a thing. I'd give yesterdays team a run out again against the wall and take it from there

I agree. first rule of good management, if it's going well don't change it for the sake of change.
I have a view on who isn't performing that well but i would stick with the same starting 11.
The boys on the bench will be all the keaner when their chance comes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 17, 2019, 08:54:23 PM
Betts doing well and a good championship keeper but he is no star at the moment, but Fabri is a top keeper at least was as twice Turkish Super Lig goalkeeper of the year.

I was the Mole Valley Yard of Ale Drinking Champion 8 years out of 11, until my wife put her foot down.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

I'd rest Mawson, he'll get injured playing twice in one week and he is needed against Cardiff and WBA.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite