more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Smith out of 2nd test and doubtful for 3rd

Started by sunburywhite, August 18, 2019, 12:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49387862

As much as he is villified for Sandpaper gate you have to admire his guts, ability and tenacity

Smith being ruled out could be akin to McGrath stepping on the ball in 2005.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

hovewhite

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

There isnt enough money in the world to get me to face an over off of joffra.bowling just under 97mph with a 70 over old ball insane. You wouldnt catch me behind the stumps either.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

064.gif Still they've still got warner to rely on
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Aussie_Fulham

Joe Root is a CHEAT. Deserves another warner 1-2 combo on his chin for claiming his catch.

Reckon Smith will be right to play the third test so don't get your hopes up lads. And even if he does sit out, Marnus Loose-bus-change will come in to steer the ship. What a knock yesterday under all sorts of pressure!

Holders

It's sad to know that he'll be out for that reason, there's no joy or credit in beating a team just because it hasn't got its best player. It was also well out of order for a small element to boo him when he came back on to the pitch. All credit to the man's bravery and commitment.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

My personal view is that players involved in the kind of cheating that went on in South Africa should be banned from the game for good.  If match fixing is fraud then so is trying to obtain advantage via blatant and deceitful cheating.  It is sport and sadly that is too easily forgotten when those who are paid to compete believe they are more important than the game itself as do some of the officials who regulate the game.  It is downhill all the way unless they get that right, IMO.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 19, 2019, 07:49:24 AM
Joe Root is a CHEAT. Deserves another warner 1-2 combo on his chin for claiming his catch.

Reckon Smith will be right to play the third test so don't get your hopes up lads. And even if he does sit out, Marnus Loose-bus-change will come in to steer the ship. What a knock yesterday under all sorts of pressure!
I have taken an almost identical catch and I was certain that i had taken it cleanly, as was the opposition batsman, but a couple of team mates were not sure.
When they replayed yesterday's incident, the first angle looked like it had been taken on the half volley and the second angle looked like he had got his fingers under the ball. I was very surprised that it was given out.
Its unfair to call it cheating (either in upper case or lower case) because, in my experience, the catcher really doesn't always know.
At least it didn't change the outcome of the match.

epsomraver

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on August 19, 2019, 12:03:08 PM

I have taken an almost identical catch and I was certain that i had taken it cleanly, as was the opposition batsman, but a couple of team mates were not sure.
When they replayed yesterday's incident, the first angle looked like it had been taken on the half volley and the second angle looked like he had got his fingers under the ball. I was very surprised that it was given out.
Its unfair to call it cheating (either in upper case or lower case) because, in my experience, the catcher really doesn't always know.
0001.jpeg just another typical Aussie whinger, it was out when you saw it from the side

Woolly Mammoth

Glad the cry baby cheat smith is out of the next test. I have no sympathy, some have short memories. Never give a sucker an even break, does anyone think he is going to thank anyone for have sympathy, you reap what you sow.
Anyway Archer will be sending the whinging Aussies into the outback and Northern Territory by the time he finishes with them.
Smith deserves to get worked over, nobody asked him and the other whinging Aussie cheats to come over here and play. So don't start going soft on this crying Aussie cheat.
If I was Archer I would come in even harder on Smith the next time he bats, and make him wish he stayed in the Bush.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

To be fair to Root, there was an earlier catch that he picked up on the half volley and his immediate reaction was to shake his head and not celebrate. When you have to use slo-mo from two angles to see if it really was out, then you can't blame the fielder too much.

Loved watching Archer yesterday, bloody scary at times.

Aussie_Fulham

When they replayed yesterday's incident, the first angle looked like it had been taken on the half volley and the second angle looked like he had got his fingers under the ball. I was very surprised that it was given out
Unless roots middle finger is 20cm's long, there is no way he got his fingers underneath the ball. The little twerp knew deep down inside that it had bounced into his grasp, yet still had the nerve to signal to the ump that he had caught it cleanly. The umpire was always going to mirror his soft signal to however root reacted and he knew that. Up there with Broad French cutting it to first slip and refusing to walk. Same old U.N, always cheating. Bring on the third test.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 20, 2019, 04:14:48 AM

When they replayed yesterday's incident, the first angle looked like it had been taken on the half volley and the second angle looked like he had got his fingers under the ball. I was very surprised that it was given out
Unless roots middle finger is 20cm's long, there is no way he got his fingers underneath the ball. The little twerp knew deep down inside that it had bounced into his grasp, yet still had the nerve to signal to the ump that he had caught it cleanly. The umpire was always going to mirror his soft signal to however root reacted and he knew that. Up there with Broad French cutting it to first slip and refusing to walk. Same old U.N, always cheating. Bring on the third test.

Same old Aussies. So well balanced, you have a chip on both shoulders
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

hovewhite

Getting hit by a bowler is all part of cricket,,keep it up jof,we've got the ashes to win!

Riverside

If you like the drama of Sports you have to want Smith to play
The Archer / Smith battle is as exciting as sport can get

Meantime Root cheating . Frankly , as though that played know , you don't always know whether it had bounced or not . So no.

However what was the 4th impure smoking .
He had no excuse for getting it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie_Fulham

The greatest living test batsman has unfortunately been ruled out. Brings the contest back to a 60/40 in favour of us. Game on. Will be rather embarrassing if the UN manage to go down 2-0 from here.

keith

Ah, we're being called the UN are we ?. Strange that, considering Marnus Labuschagne was born in South Africa, Usman Khawaja was born in Pakistan and Steve Smiths Mum is English. And we're the UN  ?.

Aussie_Fulham

Quote from: keith on August 20, 2019, 12:28:26 PM
Ah, we're being called the UN are we ?. Strange that, considering Marnus Labuschagne was born in South Africa, Usman Khawaja was born in Pakistan and Steve Smiths Mum is English. And we're the UN  ?.
You just have to look at the World Cup final you guys tied to see why you guys are universally known as the United Nations. The side was coached by an Australian, captained by an Irishman that saw a Barbadian bowl a tight super over that led to a kiwi hitting the eventual runs that tied the match. What an absolute joke, though hats off to the ECB for swallowing their pride and realising home grown talent was never going to lead Eng-er-lahnd to success.

It also took a Barbadian and a kiwi for you guys to finally start being competitive in this series.

Steve Smith will go down second to Bradman in terms of greatness in test cricket. He's also born and bred in Cronulla, so I'm not entirely sure why you'd bring his name up?

FFCFOREVER

You only pipe up on this board when there's something to say (usually slating England) and it's getting very boring.Think your'e on the wrong forum pal.