Reality ....

Started by MikeW, August 21, 2019, 09:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2019, 10:49:38 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 21, 2019, 09:54:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 21, 2019, 09:52:32 PM
A bit more reality

84.5% - Fulham's 84.5% possession figure and 934 completed passes versus Millwall tonight is the highest recorded in the division since Opta began full collection of the English Championship in 2013-14.

Also almost twice as many passes as Millwall has had this season (501).

0001.jpeg

Still don't think our problem last year was the style of play. If we go up again, personally I hope we persist with it.

I agree with the this.  The style of play shows the ambition not just to get promoted and hang on by a thread but to become an established prem club.  Two key problems last year were i.  the players we signed (unsuitable and/or not good enough) and ii. the unbalanced nature of the squad those players added up to.

I keep reading this season that Beets' shouldn't be playing it out the way he is, that our style will come back to bite us etc. I don't see it. The more we practice this the better we get. The old, kick it up field approach, is not an improvement for me.

WindyCity

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 22, 2019, 03:40:25 AM
Quote from: WindyCity on August 21, 2019, 10:34:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2019, 10:27:13 PM
Very happy with the progress, we out passed, out played, out ran Millwall to such an extent it looked like men against boys.

Yep, totally dominant show.  Didn't realize how poor Millwall was/is.  Credit to FFC for putting on a strong performance, but Millwall looked very weak and a league or two below Champ quality.

But they've beat and drew with West Brom, beat both Sheffield Wedns and Preston.   Are those 3 teams below Championship quality?

Fulham were just a better side...but that doesn't mean Milwall aren't Championship level.

Oh, I agree with you, and I did note 'credit to FFC' for the great game.  That said, Millwall really looked poor, and sure, due in part to FFC playing so well, but Millwall looked so outclassed that it prompted my critique of them.  Maybe they just had an "off" game, I don't know?  But FFC was beating them almost at will, always winning the 1 v 1 clashes, and overall play.  I'm hopeful that FFC can continue such strong shows, and earn an auto promo spot.