Fulham TV - Troubleshooting

Started by stevecalderwood, August 21, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

No picture for me yet - 20 minutes gone

GETTING VERY ANGRY NOW, FOR THE 3RD MATCH IN A ROW
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Slaphead in Qatar

Managed to see f*** all after the 10 minutes - sorry for the language but very frustrating

Denver Fulham

Video has been fine for me, but the audio feed is slightly ahead of the video, which is annoying.

Bokonon

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 24, 2019, 04:00:50 PM
Video has been fine for me, but the audio feed is slightly ahead of the video, which is annoying.

Yup, same here.

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Same here, email to the club as well. Not happy.

Matt10

Pretty good stream overall. Issue with the 0.5 second sync of audio and video though. Hopefully they can make that adjustment for the next match, just needs that brief audio delay, and we'll be good.

Logicalman

Quote from: toshes mate on August 21, 2019, 02:32:19 PM
For those worrying about Firefox (FF) it is one of the best browsers I have used and I have been using it for well over a decade.  It is slim, secure, and regularly updated.  It is certainly more robust browser than Chrome which isn't a bad browser either, but doesn't have the scalable protection from abuse that FF offers.  Internet Explorer is plain poor, and Edge, although seemingly faster, is not much better, IMO.  My FF experience with FFCTV is reasonably good although I did have log on issues prior to the latest changes they have made.  But please bear in mind my streaming experience has not been other than for match replay availability.  My live streaming is limited to GJ's commentaries for matches I don't get to which has been okay for the one game I have listened to so far this season.  As a general comment on the FFCTV website I's say it is not particularly intuitive.

I agree with a lot of the comments made, especially the overhead that Chrome imposes for a browser, though some of that can easily be put down to the extensions, either added by default or subsequently by the user(s). Personally, I find Chrome to be the best browser, with FF following that, though personal use is obviousy down to what you need from your browser and your comfort when using the features available.

The FFCTv site is, imho, poorly designed for a commercial site, which is epitomized when using a single, multi-faceted page.

For logging in, I have been fortunate in having (almost) no issues following the first broadcast game, though I did find a solution that has worked for me (using Chrome), here are the steps I use (as posted on another FFCTv thread)

1.  Open the FFCTv page and sign in
2.  Click in the My Account button
3. If you get challenged to sign in (again) then sign in as usual
4.  Once your account info is displayed then click the red HOME button at the top right of the page.
5.  The home screen is that same page that has both subscriptions and media, and then you can select live match or audio tab and click Play.

This also works for when the app refuses to work on mobile devices (for audio only, obviously being a mobile browser version).

Hopefully the club (and the FFCTv provider) will get their act together in due course, though, if we do get promoted this season, then it will likely be all change once again.

NOTE: This is on a Windows 10 laptop with a 5 GHz band reliable WiFi connection.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Matt10 on August 25, 2019, 05:41:56 AM
Pretty good stream overall. Issue with the 0.5 second sync of audio and video though. Hopefully they can make that adjustment for the next match, just needs that brief audio delay, and we'll be good.

For yesterdays match our video delay was closer to 2 seconds! It was like Jim knew what was going to happen before the ball was kicked!!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RaySmith on August 23, 2019, 04:19:13 AM
Managed to log- in and pay my £10 to watch the game here in the UK, with Matt10's help, but had a lot of problems with buffering, having to keep refreshing the page all the time, and only managed to watch about 60% of the game, but fortunately saw all the goals - well, the fourth I just missed, but  feed returned as the  playbacks were being shown.

Not satisfactory at all for the money.

Using Chrome after  changing from Edge, which didn't allow me to watch/hear content despite being logged in and paid up.

Ray, I missed the 4th goal as well.
Was the score 1-3 or 2-2  ?
Where have I been since 4.55 on Saturday

:0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES