watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 23/08/19...

Started by WhiteJC, August 23, 2019, 07:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham statistics: 84 per cent possession and 935 successful passes in win over Millwall

Ivan Cavaleiro struck twice as a totally dominant Fulham eased their way to a 4-0 victory over Millwall at Craven Cottage.

The Portugal winger, signed on a season-long loan from Wolves, followed up his superb match-winning strike at Huddersfield last Friday with two outstanding finishes.

Anthony Knockaert, another of Scott Parker's summer signings, and Aleksandar Mitrovic were also on target as the Cottagers registered a third successive win and brought Millwall's unbeaten run in the Sky Bet Championship to a halt.

Parker's side enjoyed more than 80 per cent possession and made 935 successful passeson

The Fulham boss said: "The most pleasing thing is all the work that has gone in over the last 10 weeks you finally see your team execute against a good Millwall side who have started their season well.

"Full credit goes to the players who have been superb.

"Momentum is with us. We are winning football matches, that's three on the bounce now, and confidence is high and long may that continue.

"This league is relentless. Tonight is good of course but four games in we have a long way to go. This has been a good night but come tomorrow we work it away."

Match statistics

Fulham   Match statistics   Millwall
84   Possession   16
935   Successful passes   115
11   Shots   7
8   Corners   1
11   Fouls   11

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-statistics-84-per-cent-possession-and-935-successful-passes-in-win-over-millwall-a4218831.html

WhiteJC

Fulham loanee Harry Arter 'desperate' for promotion as he targets long-term Craven Cottage stay

Eyeing promotion: Harry Arter is playing under brother-in-law Scott Parker at Fulham ( Getty Images )

Harry Arter has set his sights on getting Fulham promoted to the Premier League so he can make his loan move permanent.

The midfielder moved to Craven Cottage on loan for the season earlier this month after Bournemouth agreed to let him go.

Arter has settled quickly at Fulham, starting their last three games and helping them to collect nine points.

The latest of those victories came on Wednesday night against Millwall as Fulham ran out 4-0 winners.

Afterwards, Arter - who is the brother-in-law of manager Scott Parker - revealed he is hoping to fire the club straight back to the top-flight so he can make his stay in west London a permanent one.

"I don't know what people think the deal is, but for me the only way that I can definitely stay next year is if we get promoted," Arter told Standard Sport.

"So I am desperate to go up, for me personally of course because I want to spend the next few years here. So promotion and staying is definitely in my mind of course.

"I've settled in really well. I've been coming to watch Fulham for the last five or six years so I kind of felt like a part of the club before I even joined. So that side of things has been easy."

Fulham were in imperious form on Wednesday night as they claimed a win that saw them move up to third in the Championship after four games.

Winger Ivan Cavaleiro struck in either half, while Anthony Knockaert also got in on the act and Aleksandar Mitrovic scored a penalty.

Impressively, Parker's side finished the match with 84.5 per cent possession and 934 completed passes, which is the highest recorded in the Championship since Opta began a full collection of statistics for the second tier in 2013.

"I think we nailed everything the manager wanted us to do tonight - on and off the ball," added Arter.

"I felt we were in total control, especially when the goals went in. There were some big moments, I think the third goal completely killed it off, but from what the manager wanted us to do before the game we did everything he set up for us.

"Obviously it worked so it was a real pleasing night.

"He (Parker) is not big on stats or breaking records, he wants to win games. His philosophy is based on keeping the ball. I think it is evident that's the case.

"I always feel there is two ways of playing. There is never a right or wrong way to play. He has obviously just chose that he wants to play good football."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-loanee-harry-arter-desperate-for-promotion-as-he-targets-longterm-craven-cottage-stay-a4218871.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker has high praise for his Fulham players after masterclass of passing in thumping of Millwall

Scott Parker commended his players following a dominant victory over Millwall at Craven Cottage – with a statement performance that broke statistical records.

The Fulham head coach saw his side put four past their visitors, with goals from Anthony Knockaert, Aleksander Mitrovic and a brace from Ivan Cavaleiro sealing a comfortable win.

Neil Harris' men struggled to get near their hosts at times, as they recorded an astounding 84.5% possession statistic – the highest recorded stat since Opta started overseeing the Championship.

And Parker thought their stunning performance was exactly what his men deserved after a meticulous pre-season.

"Yeah, definitely [the best we've played] this year, I think," said the Whites chief in the aftermath of the game.

"Probably the most pleasing thing sitting here as a coach is that all the work that's gone on over the last 10 weeks now – pre-season and that – you finally see your team execute.

"[It] was pleasing against a very good Millwall side who have started their season pretty well really. I think full credit to the players; the players have been superb. From the start of pre-season, the information they've been given at times has been poured upon them, but they've been so receptive, right behind the process and ultimately the only way you can perform like that is down to that fact really. They deserve their time tonight to perform like that and that's probably the most pleasing thing for me."

The Lions struggled to cope with the Whites attacking quality – with each of the hosts front-three finding the net – and whilst Parker praised his forwards, he also made sure he stressed the importance of those behind them.

"Our whole framework, the way we play and our structure around this team is based around those [attacking] players," explained Parker.

"There's a lot of support around them in terms of other positions and what the other boys do. Ultimately, they're the ones who get the headlines and score the goals but there's a foundation behind them, the Cairney's, the Johansen's, the Arter's, the Sessegnon's which ultimately get us to a point in the pitch where we can give them the ball and they can do what they do."

In addition to the record-breaking possession stat, Fulham also completed 934 passes – which is more in one game than Cardiff, Millwall and Wigan have recorded in their first four league matches combined.

"Wow, that's amazing," said Parker when informed of the possession stats in his post-match press conference.

"I felt comfortable tonight in a sense of the way we played. Other than the first five minutes of the second half, we always felt we were in control of the game and that's exactly how I want us to play. I want us to have control of the football match with the ball and dominate possession. That stat's pleasing – ultimately that's how we believe we want to play really.

"There's two days turnaround now and we're going to Forest, two days turnaround to Southampton. Cardiff away on a Friday night, this league is relentless. Tonight's good of course but we're four games in, it's a long one. Ultimately, we'll cherish this night – it's been a great night – but come tomorrow morning we wipe it away. It's a memory and we move on to Forest really that's what matters next. "

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/scott-parker-has-high-praise-for-his-fulham-players-after-masterclass-of-passing-in-thumping-of-millwall/

WhiteJC

Academy Duo Claim Awards

Tyrese Francois and Connor McAvoy scooped awards pitchside at half time in our win against Millwall at Craven Cottage.

Francois won the Johnny Haynes Academy Player of the Year award, in partnership with the Supporters' Trust, which takes into account performances on the pitch as well as all-round character. This award was voted for by Academy staff and players in the Under-16 to 23s age group.

McAvoy took the award of Premier League Scholar of the Year. This award is of a similar merit to Francois' which one player from each team in the Premier League Programme receives. The accolade is given to a player that excels in all formats of his scholarship; whether that's on the pitch or in the classroom as well as acting as a role model.

Academy Director, Huw Jennings was quick to praise the work ethic of Francois as well as commend the Supporters' Trust for their support.

"We've had really good relations with the Fulham Supporters' Trust who have been very proactive in trying to promote our work." He told fulhamfc.com. "This was their idea to come up with the Johnny Haynes Academy Player of the Year award. This is great for Tyrese who shows an exemplary attitude and works hard to give his maximum. It's pleasing that Tyrese embodies the key virtues we promote here of hard-work, honesty and humility."

Jennings was also complimentary of Premier League Scholar of the Year in McAvoy. An award that he was overdue in receiving.

"This award is given to a player from each team in the Premier League Programme, which includes some clubs outside the Premier League." He continued. "Connor was among some great nominees, but the decision was unanimous among Academy management. He was away in Hong Kong when this was presented at the Youth Conference, so we thought it only right that he collected this award with Tyrese."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/22/academy-duo-scoop-awards

WhiteJC

Fulham performance belonged in the Premier League and foundations are in place for immediate return

Neil Harris perhaps summed up best what every Fulham supporter was wondering as they left Craven Cottage last night in the aftermath of this match.

"Their fans must be thinking: 'What are we doing in this division? We should be in the Premier League'," said the Millwall manager.

In truth, this was very much a performance of Premier League quality from Fulham as they put four goals past their London rivals.

They dominated proceedings to the extent that their tally of 934 completed passes was more than Millwall have managed in all four of their League  games this season.

At times, Fulham were unplayable and Anthony Knockaert's 32nd-minute goal — which put the home side 2-0 ahead — was the end result of a move which contained 26 passes and all 11 of their players.

On this evidence, it will not just be Millwall who struggle to cope with Fulham this season, particularly if their front three stay fit this season. Knockaert, Aleksander Mitrovic and Ivan Cavaleiro all scored on Wednesday — with the latter hitting a double.

Fulham's time  in the Premier League was short and anything but sweet last season — in fact, it left a bitter taste in the mouth as they were relegated from the top flight with five games to go.

"Fulham should still be in the Premier League with the money they spent, they really underperformed last season," said Harris.

Fulham may have spent big last summer — around £100million on 12 players — but money does not always guarantee success, as shown by two of the club's most expensive acquisitions from last year, midfielders Jean Michael Seri and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, being out on loan.

However, Fulham deserve praise this summer for changing their strategy in the transfer market and opting for greater stability. This is not the overhaul of a year ago, merely fine tuning.

Crucially Fulham's defence on Wednesday, for example, was made up entirely of players who were at  the club last season, with academy graduate Steven Sessegnon — the twin brother of new Spurs signing Ryan — promoted to right-back. Contrast that to a year ago, when, after 12 matches, Fulham had  not played the same defence in consecutive Premier League games.

In midfield, there has been a shift, too. Instead of expensive foreign imports being signed, the club  have brought in Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter on loan. He brings a wealth Championship experience — and at a low cost.

Ahead of him, Tom Cairney is being allowed to flourish in a more familiar central role, while Fulham have again added players with Championship experience in wingers Cavaleiro and Knockaert. They, like Arter, have sensibly been brought in on loan initially but one would expect them to stay beyond this season, given the start to their Craven Cottage careers.

It all makes for a summer window  that has Fulham fans rightly dreaming of an immediate return to the Premier League.

"That's credit to the owners and [vice-chairman] Tony Khan who identified the mistakes we made last year in terms of recruitment and ticked boxes," said Fulham boss Scott Parker.

"You know what you're getting, what you've signed, and the new boys have fitted in perfectly. Our framework, the way we play, our structure is based around those players."

The challenge for Fulham is to not get carried away. The Championship is a long and arduous season but, in contrast to last year, one certainly feels as though the club have got the foundations in place to succeed.

Parker said: "Momentum is with us and confidence is high, and long may that continue."

If their performance at Craven Cottage is anything to go by, Fulham's momentum will take some stopping.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-performance-belonged-in-the-premier-league-and-foundations-are-in-place-for-immediate-return-a4218931.html

WhiteJC

Millwall boss Neil Harris offers glowing assessment of Scott Parker's Fulham

Sometimes, it is the opposing manger who best sums up the worth of a team.

Millwall suffered death by a thousand passes at Craven Cottage on Tuesday night. A 4-0 drubbing was the perhaps inevitable consequence of a ridiculously lopsided contest in which the Whites hogged an astonishing 85 per cent of possession.

"Is that all?" quipped Lions boss Neil Harris.

There was no point in Harris berating his players after such a chastening defeat and he generously acknowledged that his side had been trounced by a team that maybe have no business being in the Championship.

"Congratulations to Fulham. I thought they were magnificent tonight," he said.

"Certainly the best performance I've seen probably since Wolves got 100 points a couple of years ago to go up. Fulham fans will watch that tonight and think: 'What are we doing in this division?' We should be in the Premier League.'

"As good as they were, I thought we gave them a bit of a leg-up at times - the last two goals we gave the ball back to them cheaply and we have to be better than that. We got punished.

"But I won't judge my players on tonight's performance or tonight's result against a top Fulham side. There will be a lot of teams that come here this season and get beaten like we did.

"They caused us the most problems as a team than anyone other than probably Tottenham in the FA Cup quarter-final during my time in charge."

Parker needed only sit back and look humble. His players, and Harris, did the talking for him.

"Probably the most pleasing thing, sitting here as a coach is, after all the work that's gone the past 10 weeks in pre-season, seeing the team execute. Full credit to the players. They've been superb. Momentum's with us. That's three on the bounce now and obviously confidence is high and long may that continue."

Expectations too. With Harris having done his bit to ensure that.

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2019/08/22/Millwall-boss-Neil-Harris-offers-glowing-assessment-of-Scott-Parkers-Fulham

WhiteJC

Games for the Weekend 24/08
Back at the Cottage for a 3 o'clock kick-off, this time we welcome Nottingham Forest.
So after Wednesday evenings derby we get to play at a more traditional kick-off time against a Forest team who gained a draw on their travels to Charlton mid-week.
The performance of our front three of Mitro, Cavalerio and Knockaert showed why most Championship teams will not be looking forward to a trip to the Cottage.

Forest had good results over the previous 3 games, beating Birmingham City 3-0 and drawing two away games against Leeds and Charlton, so they'll be full of confidence.

COYWs

Games of interest...
Saturday 24th

Derby v West Brom
Blackburn v Cardiff
Charlton v Brentford
Fulham v Notts Forest
QPR v Wigan
Stoke v Leeds

Sunday 25th
Swansea v Birmingham City

come on over to the forum and join in the discussion...
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=908

WhiteJC

Record Breakers

Fulham's blistering 4-0 victory over Millwall was done in real style, a fact endorsed by the statistics over the course of the 90 minutes.

By half-time, the Whites had seen an astonishing 89 per cent of the ball, and although this was reduced to 84.4 come full-time it was still a record high for the Championship (since Opta began full collection of statistics in 2013/14).

That record is also true of our 934 completed passes, which equated to a 94 per cent success rate. (Fulham were nine away from attempting 1,000 balls in the match.)

To put that 934 figure into context, it's more successful passes than three fellow Championship sides have managed throughout all four of their opening fixtures. Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City have managed 794 and 782, respectively, so far in 2019/20, while Wednesday's opponents Millwall are on 501 for the campaign.

Furthermore, the lead up to Anthony Knockaert's first Fulham goal featured 26 passes, the longest sequence for a Championship goal this season, and also involved all 11 members of the team.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/22/record-breakers

WhiteJC

'I want to spend the next few years here' – Harry Arter 'desperate' to seal promotion with loan club Fulham

HARRY Arter revealed how he was "desperate" to gain promotion with Fulham and said: "I want to spend the next few years here."

The on-loan Cherries midfielder has started the Cottagers' past three Championship fixtures, including Wednesday's 4-0 victory over Millwall.

Republic of Ireland international Arter joined up with his brother-in-law Scott Parker on a season-long loan move from Cherries earlier this month.

As part of the deal, Fulham have an obligation to buy the Sidcup-born star next summer, depending on certain performance-based criteria.

This is believed to include whether or not the west London side seal promotion.

Speaking to Standard Sport, Arter said: "I don't know what people think the deal is, but for me the only way that I can definitely stay next year is if we get promoted.

"So I am desperate to go up, for me personally of course because I want to spend the next few years here. So promotion and staying is definitely in my mind of course.

"I've settled in really well. I've been coming to watch Fulham for the past five or six years so I kind of felt like a part of the club before I even joined. So that side of things has been easy."

The 29-year-old joined Cherries from Woking for just £4,000 in 2010 and has made 255 appearances for the club, netting 29 goals.

Arter's contract with Cherries expires in the summer of 2021.

Speaking further about Fulham boss Parker, the midfielder added: "He is not big on stats or breaking records, he wants to win games.

"His philosophy is based on keeping the ball. I think it is evident that's the case."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/17853806.39-want-spend-next-years-39---harry-arter-39-desperate-39-seal-promotion-loan-club-fulham/

WhiteJC

Leeds might be favourites, but Championship promotion race is wide open

In this week's EFL column, EFL on Quest pundit Ian Holloway discusses the wide open promotion race plus the plight of Bolton and Bury

Most of the teams are looking good so far in the Championship.

Nobody has run away with it and won every game so far, and it just proves how competitive it's going to be. I think it's a fantastic league.

I really like the look of Leeds. That might sound obvious, but I think their manager has already proved he knows what he's doing. Obviously they lost Kemar Roofe, one of their main goalscorers, but Patrick Bamford has stepped up and they've looked great so far.

But it's wide open, as we saw on Tuesday night with Bristol City going to Derby, having lost Adam Webster in the summer, and winning. What a result that was.

Sheffield Wednesday went top on Tuesday night, and they've been fantastic so far even without a permanent manager after Steve Bruce left.

I'm expecting Nottingham Forest to do quite well this season, I've got a feeling about them. I watched them get their first win against Birmingham at the weekend and I was impressed with the way they played.

But anything is possible. Who can be consistent? Who can be there or thereabouts?

There are far too many good teams in the division to even dream of picking a top six at this stage. I can't wait to see it unfold, and I really am very excited at the level of the football being shown.

Wolves proved it last year. The team that got them up in style finished seventh in the Premier League without many additions. I believe Norwich, Sheffield United and Aston Villa could all do very well in the Premier League.

I'm very proud of the EFL, and the level of each division. It's getting closer and closer to the Premier League, the level of coaching is improving, and it's going to be fascinating watching it all unfold.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-might-favourites-championship-promotion-18982689

WhiteJC

Fulham 4 Millwall 0 - five things we learned

Here are five things we learned from Millwall;s 4-0 defeat at Craven Cottage.

Wrong Game Plan

Fulham's strengths lie in their attack. Fulham's weaknesses lie in their defence.

You could say the tactics used by Neil Harris played into Scott Parker's side's plans at Craven Cottage. Sitting back it gifted Fulham possession, and lots of it, and invited their potent attacking line on to them.

Last season Fulham didn't have problems scoring, it was keeping the ball out of the net where they had issues.

In the very few times Millwall got forward they caused problems, especially when the robust Matt Smith was introduced at the break.

Barnsley it seems showed the blueprint of how to beat this Fulham side, by taking the game to them. Winning 1-0 they amassed 17 shots to Fulham's 15 on the opening day of the season as they looked to get an advantage by targeting their weakness, their backline.

Hindsight is a great thing, but Harris would surely re-think his gameplan if he had a second crack at the West Londoners.

Pace is Paramount

The one thing defender's hate facing more than any is speed. In Anthony Knockhaert and Ivan Cavaleior Fulham had it in abundance. Mahlon Romeo aside, Alex Pearce, Jake Cooper and Murray Wallace found the going very tough.

Pearce may have added a steeliness and professionalism to Millwall's defence, but up against a lightning quick attack, it was painful to watch at times. He'll be grateful that he'll only be facing a side of Fulham's quality twice this season.

Matt Smith - game changer

Eyebrows were raised when Saturday's matchwinner wasn't in the starting line-up as Neil Harris opted for Tom Bradshaw to lead the line.

Bradshaw run his socks off but with no support the Welshman found the going tough and failed to drag his side up the field.

Smith's entrance at the break, playing alongside Bradshaw yielded a five-ten minute spell of Millwall dominance, no doubt contributing to a the bulk of their 15% possession stats. A couple of half chances were created and problems were caused. With a bit a luck they could've got a goal and maybe go on to miraculously get something from the game.

Fulham's penalty paid end to any revival, but the impact made by Smith was clear to see and he'll be a useful tool this season, if he hasn't already proved it.

Calmness amongst Lions fans

Last season's lynching mentality has gone from The Den faithful. Reserved in their judgement to lambast their side, Millwall fans were aware they simply came up against a top side in Fulham.

It seems they are firmly behind Neill Harris and his new approach this season and will be realistic in their ambitions.

All they ask is for endeavour and fight, which the players gave at Craven Cottage, they simply weren't on the same level as Fulham.

They'll dust themselves off, go to Middlesbrough and support their side once again. Miilllllll.

Fulham were THAT good

Stats don't lie. 85% is a battering. Millwall just came up against a Fulham side on the top of their game, and it'll be a hard performance to replicate this season. Scott Parker said it was the best display he's seen from his outfit, and I think every Fulham fan would agree.

Sadly for Neil Harris, it happened against his emerging Lions side.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/17854154.fulham-4-millwall-0---five-things-learned/

WhiteJC

Fulham fans laud Steven Sessegnon after solid showing in Millwall win

The youngster was once again impressive at right-back for Scott Parker's team.

(Photo by Naomi Baker/Getty Images)

Fulham completed a display of total dominance in their 4-0 win over Millwall at Craven Cottage last night. The Cottagers finished the game with a staggering 84.5% possession (The Telegraph).

Very few games at Championship level play out in a situation that resembles men against boys, but this was an exception.

Scott Parker's team completely smashed the sorry Lions and on this form, they will take some stopping in their quest for promotion this season.

Fulham's goals last night came courtesy of an Ivan Cavaleiro brace, Anthony Knockaert and an Aleksandar Mitrovic penalty.

Amid a plethora of attacking talent, it is perhaps one of Fulham's defensive performers who is pleasantly surprising supporters at the moment.

Stephen Sessegnon is the younger brother of Ryan who recently left Craven Cottage to join Tottenham. He has started the last two games at right-back and looked comfortable on both occasions.

Following the game he tweeted his delight at getting more minutes on the pitch and ultimately another three points:

Sessegnon has risen through the Fulham ranks and will hope to become a first-team regular this season.

Parker has trusted him to play in the early stages of the campaign and on current form he could become a permanent fixture in the team.

Following his latest display, supporters were keen to tweet Sessegnon to heap praise on the youngster.

Here is a selection of tweets regarding the performance of the 19-year-old:

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-stephen-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

Talking Points: Millwall

We address five talking points which arose from Fulham's hefty victory over Millwall.

1. Versatility on the wing

The beauty of Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro being equally comfortable on either wing means that the two can swap flanks at will, further bamboozling opposition full-backs. We saw them alternate their positions on a couple of occasions in the early stages of the game, with the first switch seeing Knockaert move left and pick out Aleksandar Mitrović for the first decent chance of the night. And then two minutes later Cavaleiro was back out there where he started, cutting inside to slam home the opener.

2. Opposition praise

You know you've played well when the opposition come out with nothing but praise in their post-match comments. Millwall boss Neil Harris had no excuses for his side's mauling, stating: "It's not nice as a manager to say you deserved to get beat heavily, but they were better than us, much better than us."

3. Fans in awe

The feelgood factor was back at the Cottage in abundance on Wednesday night, with fans salivating at the football on display. A brief glance of twitter saw plenty of comparisons to the style of play implemented by Jean Tigana and Slaviša Jokanović, while during the game the home faithful certainly let Scott Parker know what they thought of his team and their performance.

4. Overdue derby joy

Fulham's London derbies in the Premier League did not exactly go to plan, so it was pleasing to see some capital gains once again, ironically against the last London team we defeated - a 3-0 win at the Den back in April 2018.

5. Mad statistics

Over the years we've become accustomed to Fulham enjoying the lion's share of the ball in Championship fixtures, but we'd never before seen anything to the extent of Wednesday's dominance. 84.4 per cent possession is pretty much unheard of at any level, and so it comes as little surprise that it's a Sky Bet Championship record.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/22/talking-points-millwall

WhiteJC

Cavaleiro: We Can Go Far

Ivan Cavaleiro hopes Fulham have started as they mean to go on in the Sky Bet Championship this season.

After an opening day blip, the Whites have taken nine points from nine to go third in the table, with Ivan Cavaleiro's brace a key factor in our most recent victory over Millwall.

"Of course I'm very happy to score two goals for the team," he told fulhamfc.com. "I've worked hard on the pitch to achieve this, and I hope I can contribute to the team like this in every game. The more victories we have, the happier I'll be.

"I think we played very well to achieve this win, and I hope we can continue doing this in games; keeping possession, being aggressive, and with this attitude I think we can go far in the Championship."

Craven Cottage was rocking on Wednesday evening, with the home crowd lapping up the liquid football on display.

"The fans have supported us since the beginning," Cavaleiro stated. "I think they liked the way we played against Millwall, and with this quality we're showing it's normal that the fans are happy with us. We must continue with this and keep making them happy.

"We have difficult games coming and I think with this attitude, like I said, we can win games. We respect Millwall, we respect Nottingham Forest, but every game we play we go to win."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/22/ivan-cavaleiro-millwall-reaction

WhiteJC

Fulham: Fans praise team after dazzling display against Millwall

Fulham fans were left in pure delight after last night's 4-0 win over Millwall, which saw Scott Parker's team fully dominate the Lions in a one-sided contest at Craven Cottage.

Apart from brushing their opponents aside on the scoreline, the Whites were in total control of proceedings, even setting a Championship record by ending the evening with 84.5% of the possession.

And following Ivan Cavaleiro's double, Anthony Knockaert's first goal for the club and a customary goal for Aleksandar Mitrovic from the penalty spot, plenty of fans were bending over backwards after a pleasing performance that saw the team win their third game in a row and finish the night third in the table.

The result has certainly upped hopes of promotion come the season's end as the team recorded their first London derby win in 11 attempts.

Supporters were clearly encouraged by the nature of the victory, with some fans even predicting a title win on the back of such a commanding performance:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/fulham-fans-praise-team-after-dazzling-display-against-millwall/

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert sends passionate message to Fulham fans after 4-0 win over Millwall

Anthony Knockaert has sent a message to Fulham fans on social media after scoring his first goal for the club in the 4-0 win over Millwall in the Championship last night.

Fulham continued their encouraging start to the new season with a thoroughly convincing win at Craven Cottage – thanks to goals from Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Cavaleiro opened the scoring for Fulham with a spectacular strike from just inside the box, before Knockaert doubled their advantage with a stooping header – his first goal for the Whites since joining on a season-long loan from Brighton.

Mitrovic made it 3-0 with his third goal in as many games, smashing the ball in from the penalty spot after he had been fouled by Millwall 'keeper Bartosz Bialkowski, before Cavaleiro rounded off the victory in fine style.

After the game, Knockaert sent a message to Fulham fans on his personal Instagram account, expressing his joy at scoring his first goal for the club.

Knockaert wrote: "What a night at Craven Cottage ... happy to score my first goal for the club! Support was class today from our fans! See you on Saturday, my people".

Fulham have now won three consecutive games in the Championship and are up to third in the league table on goal difference, one point behind leaders Leeds and second-placed Swansea.

The Verdict

I'm sure Knockaert would have been delighted to score his first goal for Fulham last night and it will give his confidence a huge boost.

Knockaert was magnificent the last time he was in the Championship with Brighton and I think he'll turn out to be a fantastic signing for Fulham.

In Knockaert, Cavaleiro and Mitrovic, Fulham have arguably got the biggest attacking threat in the entire Championship.

They're more than capable of demolishing teams like they did against Millwall last night and they've got a great chance of challenging for automatic promotion this term.

After a disappointing start against Barnsley, Fulham have now recorded three straight wins in the Championship and will be full of confidence going into their next game against Nottingham Forest at the weekend.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/anthony-knockaert-sends-passionate-message-to-fulham-fans-after-4-0-win-over-millwall/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Fans react as Rui Fonte leaves to join Braga

Fulham supporters bid farewell to Rui Fonte on Wednesday night, after the Portuguese striker sealed a move to Braga, as confirmed on their official website.

It secures a return to the club for Fonte, who last played for the Portuguese outfit at the start of the 2017/18 campaign prior to his switch to Fulham, but after making just 29 appearances for the club (having spent last year on loan at Lille), his time at Craven Cottage is now at an end – and some fans have wished him well as he departs for his homeland.

He may have only scored three times in Fulham colours, but supporters still seem dismayed by the forward's exit, with plenty noting his work rate and professionalism – as well as the likeable character of the 29-year-old.

With the announcement of his sale coming barely hours after Fulham's impressive 4-0 victory over Millwall in the Championship, the news had ended the evening on something of a sour note for some supporters.

However, his departure did allow fans the opportunity to thank Fonte for his service as a Fulham player:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/fulham-fans-react-as-rui-fonte-leaves-to-join-braga/

WhiteJC

'Going to be a club legend' – Outpour of love from some Fulham fans for in-form player

Fulham are beginning to hit their stride in the Championship and Aleksandar Mitrovic is living up to the hype that he could be the Championship's top goalscorer this season.

The Serbian is loving life at Craven Cottage too, and his decision to stay at the club – which seemed unlikely at one point – is proving to be the right call.

After Fulham's 4-0 win over Millwall, in which Mitrovic scored his third goal in four league games, the striker took to Instagram to post a photo of his partner and son, expressing his enjoyment at how the match went.

The 24-year-old has played for The Cottagers for 18 months and appears settled at the club, which is important given his contract runs until 2024.

Scott Parker has done well to keep him happy and likely promised him a transfer once he helped the club achieve promotion – an aim they already look on course to achieve.

If they do reach the Premier League then it is very likely Mitrovic will prolong his stay, and Fulham fans would be delighted to see that – as evidenced by their responses on Instagram.

follow_fulham_away: "Love you Mitro"

chester_______: "Awesome Mitro. Gonna be a club legend!"

tommybarrs: "So did us fans mate. Great performance by the team. Now bring on Saturday. #MitrosOnFire"

ed_diskord: "Mitro!!!!!!"

spencerbrightey: "My hero"

sammysteero: "I love you Sir Mitro!!!"

john_whitehouse: "Can't put into words how much I love you"

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/going-to-be-a-club-legend-outpour-of-love-from-some-fulham-fans-for-in-form-player/

WhiteJC

Why beating Fulham is more important than overcoming Derby County for Nottingham Forest

In his latest column, Reds legend Garry Birtles explains why three points at Craven Cottage is so important for Forest...

What a couple of games Nottingham Forest have got to look forward to over the next few days, starting with a visit to Craven Cottage on Saturday before the small matter of Derby on Tuesday.

They've set themselves up nicely with a hardworking point at Charlton on Wednesday night - a game where they showed no shortage of character to earn a positive result.

Many fans will be looking ahead to the Carabao Cup meeting with the Rams, but, for me, if I had to pick, I'd want three points over Fulham first and foremost.

It goes without saying that beating Derby is important – and I'd love nothing more than to keep hold of the Brian Clough Trophy.

We also know it can give momentum to a season, even at this stage, while if there was a chance of adding some extra pressure to them, then great. However, the quest for Championship points is more pressing.

Beating Derby won't get you into the Premier League, overcoming Fulham might just help you on the path to do just that.

Of course, in an ideal world Sabri Lamouchi's Reds would win both games and we'd head into the final game before the first international break of the season in fine fettle and, most likely, sitting pretty inside the top six.

The next few days are huge for the manager, especially if he can pull out a result at Craven Cottage – taking anything from that into Tuesday will be massive, though, as I say, the key is to forget Derby for now, let the fans worry about that and focus on Saturday.

Garry Birtles was in conversation with Barry Cooper

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/beating-fulham-more-important-overcoming-3238580

WhiteJC

Wolves: Fans want Ivan Cavaleiro back after wonder goal for Fulham

On-loan Wolves winger Ivan Cavaleiro was at the forefront of Fulham's 4-0 win over Millwall last night, scoring twice as the Cottagers moved up to third in the Championship.

His first goal on the quarter-hour mark was superb, the 25-year-old cutting inside past two opponents before unleashing a powerful drive into the top corner of the visitors' net, and a video of the goal was posted on the @TalkingWolves Twitter channel.

Cavaleiro also scored the fourth goal for Fulham to round off a comprehensive home win for Scott Parker's team, as well as setting up fellow loanee Anthony Knockaert for the Cottagers' second goal of the night. [via BBC]

The Portugal winger now has three goals inside a week for Fulham, having also netted in last Friday's 2-1 win away to Huddersfield.

He has already matched his tally of league goals from last season, when 17 of his 23 Premier League appearances came as a substitute, and is only two goals away from equalling his tally for all competitions in 2018/19.

Cavaleiro signed for Wolves in 2016 when they were in the Championship but was allowed to join Fulham on loan this summer after struggling to get into the first XI last season.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/wolves/wolves-fans-want-ivan-cavaleiro-back-after-wonder-goal-for-fulham/