more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just back?

Started by terryr, August 24, 2019, 06:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Missing this usual post.
Watched on FFC TV but want to here the usual excellent impressions from someone who was there

Luka

Forrest set up similar to Millwall just did it better than them.
We Huffed and puffed and let two goals in.
Mitro got one back but for most of the game Dawson had him in his pocket.
No plan B
Game ended.

Twig

A bit more perspective.  We dominated possession but failed to get enough attempts on target to really test their keeper.  Why? Well we struggled to break through their defence (where they routinely had ten behind the ball). I think a major contributory factor was lack of quality delivery from our wide players, there were very few crosses that tested the Forest defenders or that gave a Mitro any service.  Especially in the first half, whilst we made decent progress up the right flank we showed no threat up the left. I felt Joe had a poor first half, he totally failed to link up with Cav and every time he received the ball he just knocked it back or square to Ream.  I counted, and he only played one forward pass in 45 minutes of play.
With wingers like Cav and Knock you have to get them on the ball and moving forward. Sess did a decent job with Knock but for half the match Joe failed with Cav.
In the second half Sess visibly tired and his error led to their second goal. Perhaps this game was a step too far for the young lad?
I could understand why Parker made his substitutions but I think he took things a bit too far in chasing an equaliser, by the third sub we looked rather unbalanced.

Those were my thoughts anyway.

Carborundum

We started slowly and deserved to concede an early goal.  After that Forest were happy to concede possession and swiftly worked us out.  They played tight at the back and invited crosses that were generally poor.  We kept doing the same things over and over again.  Parker saw this and rightly made a change at half time, but he made the wrong sub.  Brought on Bobby Reid, a player who thrives on space, against a team determine to deny us any.  Eventually the player we actually needed came on bringing beat-your-man devilment and it wasn't long before AK47 set up Mitro's goal.  But we couldn't manage a second. 

Woolly Mammoth

Forest came out of the blocks quicker, we were slow, and the warning signs were there before they took the lead. So there we were 1 0 down chasing the match, but with almost the whole match to get back in it.
It woke us up, but we did not get going until about the 15th minute.
Then there were some decent passing movements.
A few half chances, but finished the half better than we started.
We played the second half at our tempo, and then we fannied around at the back once too often and got done by a sucker goal. Lewis Grabban was lethal with both his goals.
Very impressed with Arter, but Forest especially their keeper wasted so much time with restarts with the permission of one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen since the last one. He completely lost control and Forest took the Micky.
We threw the kitchen sink at them, and Mitro pulled one back, but it was too little too late, 8
Minutes extra time said it all with the play acting by Forest, but we only have ourselves to blame. Fulham have to start matches far better, and learn from this defeat. Yes we have won 3 from 5, but we have already lost 2, from five. We are capable of beating anyone, but also capable of losing to anyone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

millsy

Pretty much how I saw it too.

Agree, Bryan's body shape on receiving the ball repeatedly signaled that he was going to play it back or, at best, square.

Not a bad overall performance in my view but in order to convert possession into match winning goals, we have to take more chances. Too often, approaching and into the final third, we play the safe ball. With the quality in our ranks, we need to be braver. Poor TC played 3 or 4 balls in behind the full back today but no-one read them and the ball was wasted.

Keep doing what we're doing, from the off every week and I believe we'll win most of our games.

Twig

Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2019, 08:45:24 PM
Pretty much how I saw it too.

Agree, Bryan's body shape on receiving the ball repeatedly signaled that he was going to play it back or, at best, square.

Not a bad overall performance in my view but in order to convert possession into match winning goals, we have to take more chances. Too often, approaching and into the final third, we play the safe ball. With the quality in our ranks, we need to be braver. Poor TC played 3 or 4 balls in behind the full back today but no-one read them and the ball was wasted.

Keep doing what we're doing, from the off every week and I believe we'll win most of our games.

Absolutely agree regarding TC's passes, the team are still a way from gelling as a unit and anticipating where players will move to. I these circumstances intelligent passes will fail to find their target.