QPR
3-1
Wigan
Stoke
0-3
Leeds

WhiteJC

Fulham 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Lewis Grabban's early strike was his third goal in five Championship appearances this season
Lewis Grabban scored a goal in each half as Nottingham Forest secured a first away win of the season with a clinical display at in-form Fulham.

Fulham had won three league games in a row and were in imperious form as they trounced Millwall 4-0 in midweek.

But the Cottagers trailed inside four minutes to Grabban's close-range volley after a glorious team move.

Forest had to withstand strong home pressure after the interval but defended impressively, and Grabban's fine strike doubled the lead and ensured victory despite Aleksandar Mitrovic's late prodded effort and eight minutes of stoppage time.

The big striker's fourth goal in four games set up a frantic final seven minutes, but Grabban's heroics proved telling.

The 31-year-old's first goal was a simple finish but was beautifully constructed.

A flowing passage of play saw the ball worked left to right then back inside to the fit-again Joe Lolley, who played two quick one-twos.

The second interchange found Jack Robinson on the left and the full-back's inviting cross was easily turned in by the Grabban for his third goal of the season.

Fulham had the better of possession but, aside from a couple of shots from distance that went wide, they rarely threatened in a first half which saw Forest almost double their lead through Grabban's strike and a Thiago Silva overhead kick.

Reds goalkeeper Brice Samba, on his Championship debut, had a busier second period, notably making a superb save to stop Bobby Decordova-Reid's downward header and pushing away a strike from Steven Sessegnon.

By the time Brice thwarted Sessegnon, Grabban had doubled the lead, smashing the ball in at the near post after Sammy Ameobi won possession in midfield.

Mitrovic's goal, after good work by substitute Aboubakar Kamara, proved no more than a minor consolation despite the hosts finishing with 78% possession.

Fulham manager Scott Parker:

"I was disappointed at the way we started the game. When they scored early, it put us on the back foot. After that we looked a real threat. I felt we controlled the game.

"I always felt comfortable in the way we were playing, certainly in possession. I felt like we played pretty well.

"The second goal comes from a mistake by us, which is one of those things. We went to a back three to try and get some more players further up the field. I take responsibility for that."

Nottingham Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi told BBC Radio Nottingham:

"A fantastic performance and a very good result against one of the best teams of the league- maybe the best one. Today I saw the personality of my team. In defence, we were compact and aggressive.

"I want to congratulate the team- not just the starting eleven, but the whole squad. We have a fantastic group.

"They played with their heart and their heads, and when they play together and fight together, my team is not an easy team to play against."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49378596

WhiteJC

Head Coach press conference

On a hot and frustrating Saturday afternoon at Craven Cottage the Whites were pegged back by a stubborn Nottingham Forest side 2-1.

Despite once again dominating the possession stats, Fulham were unable to break down a stoic and cynical Nottingham and build from the resounding victory midweek.

Despite the result, Head Coach Scott Parker was pleased with the way his side played and felt the chances simply didn't fall their way. 

"I don't think there was a big difference in performance," he reflected. "However, there was a big difference in the score line obviously.

"I felt like we controlled the game and were in control.

"But we started slow. I was disappointed with how we started the game to be honest.

"The first 10 to 15 minutes were on the backfoot a little bit.

"On another day we control the game as much as we did there today and the chances would come.

"The chances didn't come our way today.

"I always felt comfortable in the way in which we were playing. In the first a second half we played well but for the second goal the mistake came from us.

"I take responsibility for that as that is the way I want us to play."
After falling behind by two goals the result seemed beyond doubt. However, with seven minutes remaining in normal time Aleksandar Mitrović struck to give the home fans hope heading into the final stages.

Despite huffing and puffing against a weary but well organised Nottingham Forest outfit the goal wouldn't come.

"The longer the game went on nobody was leaving the stadium," Parker said. "I don't think there were any Fulham fans in there who would think we would come away with nothing.

"We went to a back three and tried to push more bodies further up the field. But nothing came."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/24/scott-parker-press conference-forest

WhiteJC

Red-hot Lewis Grabban scores 'simply sublime' goal as Nottingham Forest beat Fulham

Grabban scored twice at Craven Cottage in Reds' impressive 2-1 Championship victory

Lewis Grabban continued his red-hot start to the season as a brilliant double clinched an impressive 2-1 win for Nottingham Forest at Fulham.

The front man made it four goals in five games to bag the three points, and make it four games unbeaten in the Championship for Sabri Lamouchi's men.

His first was simply sublime as he opened the scoring early on thanks to some delightful build-up play. And he went on to extend his team's lead, against the run of play, in the second half.

The Reds had to withstand a barrage of pressure and there was a nail-biting finish as Aleksandar Mitrovic pulled a goal back seven minutes from time.

But some excellent defending - and a good deal of character - saw Forest stand firm and secure the victory.

On the back of Wednesday night's fightback to earn a 1-1 draw at Charlton Athletic, head coach Lamouchi sprang something of a surprise when it came to his starting line-up.

Goalkeeper Arijanet Muric dropped to the bench, with Brice Samba handed his first league appearance as one of three changes made by the Frenchman.

There was also a return for Joe Lolley, after missing out at The Valley through injury, along with Samba Sow - with Alfa Semedo and Matty Cash the players to miss out.

And Lolley was straight among the action, playing his part as the Reds made the perfect start in the capital.

Lamouchi's men had been far from their best in midweek against the Addicks, but they well and truly put that behind them with a stunning opening goal in the fourth minute.

A beautifully-worked passing move saw Tiago Silva and Lolley combine, before the latter played a delightful pass to Jack Robinson on the left.

The resulting cross from the full-back was an absolute peach, picking out Grabban in the centre, with the striker finishing with aplomb to claim his third of the campaign.

Fulham had barely touched the ball in those opening minutes amid a blistering start from the Reds. And though the hosts gradually worked their way into the game, Samba went largely untested before the 20-minute mark.

An effort from Harry Arter was blocked, while appeals for a handball when Tom Cairney floated in a cross fell on deaf ears.

And it was Forest who almost added to the scoreline, with Grabban not too far away from netting his second of the afternoon when he bent an effort inches wide, from outside the box.

Just to ensure there was no resting on laurels, however, Joe Bryan offered a little reminder of what the Cottagers are capable of.

A poor headed clearance by Lolley fell nicely for Bryan, who was only a whisker away from an equaliser as he fired a low shot narrowly past the post.

As the half hour approached, the hosts were beginning to enjoy more possession, putting Lamouchi's men on the back foot.

A wild long-range effort from Steven Sessegnon which sailed high over the bar, and a driven shot from Aleksandar Mitrovic which was comfortably caught by Samba, was all they had to show for it, though.

At the other end of the pitch, Silva did his best to add another spectacular strike to Forest's collection, trying an acrobatic overhead kick after good work by Grabban and Lolley. He wasn't too far off target, either.

Nor was Bryan, again, when he latched on to a loose ball and drilled it just wide, with Arter doing the same shortly after, as Fulham searched for an equaliser before the break - without success.

They kept up that pressure in the second half, and it took a strong save from Samba to keep the scoreline at 1-0 as he clawed away an Anthony Knockaert header.

It was a chance the home side would be left to rue, as the Reds went on to double their lead just past the hour.

Substitute Semedo showed his strength to rob Sessegnon of possession, with the ball breaking perfectly for Grabban.

The front man powered forward into the box and let fly a thumping shot, leaving Marcus Bettinelli with no chance as he made it 2-0.

It gave the visitors a bit of breathing space, but they weren't quite home and dry yet.

Samba had to make a superb fingertip save to thwart a fierce, deflected effort from Sessegnon, while Robinson bravely blocked Tim Ream's attempt.

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic beats Forest keeper Brice Samba to pull a goal back for his side. (Image: Joseph Raynor/ Nottingham Post)

But, with seven minutes to go, Mitrovic set up a nervy finale when he reduced the deficit, latching on to a left-hand cross and expertly turning the ball home.

Fulham then threw everything at Forest in a bid to snatch an equaliser, piling on the pressure amid eight minutes of stoppage time.

It took a sterling effort at the back from the visitors to stand firm as they dug deep to claim the victory.

Fulham: Bettinelli, Mawson (Christie 87), Johansen (Decordova-Reid 46), Mitrovic, Cairney, Ream, Arter, Cavaleiro, Bryan, Knockaert, Sessegnon (Kamara 74). Subs not used: Rodak, McDonald, Le Marchand, Reed.

Forest: Samba, Jenkinson (Cash 82), Worrall, Dawson, Robinson, Watson, Sow, Lolley (Adomah 71), Silva (Semedo 58), Ameobi, Grabban. Subs not used: Muric, Ribeiro, Figueiredo, Mir.

Attendance: 18,186 (1,900 away).

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/match-reports/red-hot-lewis-grabban-scores-3247510

WhiteJC

Fulham 1-2 Forest

Lewis Grabban's brace saw Nottingham Forest produce a fine away performance to come away with a 2-1 victory against Fulham this afternoon.

The Reds nullified the threat of their opponents to snatch all three points thanks to Grabban's goals in either half.

Aleksandar Mitrovic struck late on to give the home side hope but the Forest rearguard stood firm to secure a first away win of the season.

Sabri Lamouchi handed a league debut to Brice Samba in goal, while Joe Lolley returned from injury to replace Matty Cash and Samba Sow was also recalled to the starting 11.

Forest started the game confidently and hit the front on four minutes as Grabban pounced inside the area. A fine, flowing move from back to front saw Lolley spray a pass out to the left for Jack Robinson who drilled a cross into the area where Grabban was on hand to convert from close range for his third goal of the season.

The home side were dominating possession of the ball but The Reds were looking dangerous on the break, particularly in behind the Fulham full backs in an entertaining contest.

Grabban saw an effort from 25 yards drift just wide of the target on 17 minutes before Joe Bryan did the same at the other end of the pitch. Aleksandar Mitrovic had an effort saved by Samba and Tiago Silva acrobatically volleyed over as Forest headed into the break one goal to the good.

The second half continued in much the same vein with the home side controlling the ball as they looked to find a way back into the game, with half-time substitute Bobby Cordova-Reid heading down into the ground, forcing Samba to push the ball round the pot post on 53 minutes.

On the hour mark, however, The Reds took the opportunity that came their way as Grabban doubled his and Forest's advantage. Sammy Ameobi stole the ball off Steven Sessegnon, allowing Grabban to charge towards goal. The forward raced past his man into the penalty area and lashed an effort in off the near post with Marcus Bettinelli well beaten.

The two-goal lead was preserved thanks to a fine save by Samba on 68 minutes as he flung himself to his right to keep out Sessegnon's deflected volley as Fulham threw bodies forward to find a lifeline.

That lifeline came on 83 minutes as Mitrovic got on the end of Aboubakar Kamara's cross to toe-poke into the far corner, setting up a grandstand finish at Craven Cottage.

Fulham threw everything at The Reds, with Joe Worrall producing a stunning headed block from Harry Arter's volley which looked destined for the top corner, but the red wall stood firm as The Cottagers couldn't break through to secure a fine away away performance and a vital three points for Forest.

Forest: Samba, Jenkinson (Cash 82'), Worrall, Dawson (c), Robinson, Watson, Sow, Silva (Semedo 58'), Ameobi, Lolley (Adomah 71'), Grabban

Unused subs: Muric, Ribeiro, Figueiredo, Mir

Goals: Grabban 4', 61'

Bookings: Ameobi 33', Semedo 66', Samba 77', Adomah 90'

Fulham: Bettinelli, Sessegnon (Kamara 74'), Mawson (Christie 87'), Ream, Bryan, Cairney (c), Arter, Johansen (Cordova-Reid 46'), Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic

Unused subs: Rodak, McDonald, Le Marchand, Reed

Goal: Mitrovic 83'

Bookings: Arter 50', Kamara 90'

Referee: Peter Bankes

Attendance: 18,186 (1,900 away)

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/august/match-report-fulham-vs-forest/

WhiteJC

'Massive three points' – Nottingham Forest delight plenty of their fans with impressive Fulham show

Nottingham Forest pulled off one of the shock results of the day as they beat in form Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage.

The Reds went ahead through Lewis Grabban in the first half before they added a second midway through the second period to all but seal the game.

A late goal from Aleksandar Mitrovic was not enough for the Cottagers to get anything out of the game and Forest held on despite a nervy ending to secure a massive three points.

Sabri Lamouchil will be delighted with the performance and fighting spirit from his team, and will be particularly pleased for striker Grabban, who continues to hit the back of the net after being backed by the Frenchman so far this term.

Forest fans too were delighted with the result and performance and they were out in force on Twitter following the game to sing the praises of their team.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/massive-three-points-nottingham-forest-delight-plenty-of-their-fans-with-impressive-fulham-show/

WhiteJC

Fulham 1-2 Nottingham Forest: Lewis Grabban double sinks Cottagers
Report and highlights from the Sky Bet Championship clash at Craven Cottage

Two goals by Lewis Grabban saw Nottingham Forest defeat Fulham 2-1 in the Sky Bet Championship at Craven Cottage.

The forward netted twice before Aleksandar Mitrovic got what turned out to be a consolation goal for the home side.

The visitors started brightly, and they went ahead after just four minutes. Jack Robinson took the ball on the left flank and sent his delivery into the box for Grabban to connect first time past Marcus Bettinelli.

Grabban shot wide after 17 minutes as Forest looked for a second but Fulham started to get a foothold into the contest.

Joe Bryan fired to the left of the goal after 25 minutes, while Brice Samba held onto a 34th-minute effort by Mitrovic.

Despite their pressure, the hosts were unable to properly trouble the Forest goal. At the other end, Bettinelli denied Grabban a second goal just before the interval with a block.

Bobby Reid replaced Stefan Johansen for the hosts at half-time, although the first effort after the break fell to Anthony Knockaert, whose tame effort was held by Samba.

Knockaert was matched again by the Forest keeper after 53 minutes when his header was tipped away at full strength.

Although Forest were on the back foot, they managed to double their advantage just after the hour mark.

Grabban picked up a loose ball outside the area and was able to take advantage of some slack defending to fire home.

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-n-forest/report/409400

WhiteJC

Parker takes blame for Sessegnon error

Scott Parker defended Steven Sessegnon for his crucial mistake in Fulham's 2-1 defeat at home to Nottingham Forest.

The Whites had been pushing for an equaliser in the second half but a lapse in the teenage right-back's concentration allowed Sammy Ameobi to nick the ball into the path of Lewis Grabban, who decisively doubled Forest's lead – in what was only Sessegnon's third senior appearance in the Championship.

However, while his possession-based philosophy has won many plaudits, Parker was quick to point out that his preference of playing the ball out from the back will not always come off perfectly.

"The second goal comes from a mistake from us, which is one of those things," he said. "I take responsibility for that, because it's the way I want us to play and that can happen sometimes.

"Steven has been top since the day he's walked in pre-season. It's his third game and mistakes happen. But, like I said, it's not Steven Sessegnon's fault. It's my fault, if anything. I take full responsibility for that."

The result stymied Fulham's momentum after their midweek drubbing of Millwall at Craven Cottage made it three wins in a row, and Parker was ultimately left frustrated by his side's slow start and lack of clinical edge on the day.

He added: "I don't think there was a big difference in performance. There was a big difference in scoreline, obviously.

"I felt like we controlled the game but I was disappointed with the way we started. In the first 10 to 15 minutes, we were on the back foot a little bit.

"After that, we looked a real threat. I always felt comfortable in the way we were playing, certainly in possession. The chances didn't fall our way, really."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-takes-blame-for-sessegnon-error

WhiteJC

Grabban brace brings Fulham back to reality

A brilliant brace from Lewis Grabban secured a smash-and-grab victory for Nottingham Forest at Fulham this afternoon.

Scott Parker's side were well below the sublime levels of performance that saw them demolish Millwall in midweek and, despite dominating possession, were left to rue defensive errors that proved costly despite laying siege to the Forest goal in the closing stages. Parker took responsibility for young Steven Sessegnon's poor pass that presented Grabban with the opportunity to double the visitors' lead – an opening he finished with real aplomb – and this was a reminder that the Championship is an unforgiving league.

Forest were disciplined defensively and incredibly well-drilled and, if there was more than a little gamemanship as they tried to hold onto their advantage, then Sabri Lamouchi's men should be applauded for the adventurous way they sort to put Fulham on the back foot from the off. They had already threatened to exploit Sessegnon's inexperience before a beautiful move between Tiago Silva, Joe Lolley and Jack Robinson sent the full back scampering into space down the left. Grabban bent his run beautifully to drift off the back of Tim Ream and coolly converted the cross at the back post to score his second goal of the season.

Fulham were caught cold by their opponents' strong start. Grabban, an expert goal-poacher at this level, might have made it two from twenty five yards with an audacious effort that drifted wide – and Lamouchi's side were adept at preventing Fulham's one-touch football from seriously threatening their penalty area. The hosts were largely restricted to efforts from outside the penalty area, with Joe Bryan and Harry Arter driving speculative shots wide, and league debutant Brice Samba was only troubled once – when an Aleksandar Mitrovic strike lacked the power or placement to beat him. Silva might have done better than hook an ambitious overhead kick wide had he realised just how much time he had in front of the Fulham goal.

Parker replaced Stefan Johansen with Bobby Decordova-Reid at the break, but the former Cardiff and Bristol City forward seemed uncertain of whether to partner Mitrovic or drift into pockets of space behind him. Fulham made a quicker start to the second half, although Reid's close-range finish was ruled out for a foul by the Serbian striker on the Forest goalkeeper. Samba made a smart save from Reid's downward header on 53 minutes – and the stage seemed set for a concerted period of Fulham pressure.

But the next opening arrived at the other end. Sessegnon sought to play the ball out from the back – in the manner that Parker has asked his defenders to do – but Sammy Ameobi seized on a mistake from the young defender and quickly fed Grabban with Fulham short-handed at the back. The striker had plenty to do as he darted away from Alfie Mawson, but made light of work of his task smashing an unstoppable finish beyond Marcus Bettinelli and in off the underside of the bar.

Fulham had little choice but to throw men forward in search of an unlikely comeback. They were frustrated by Forest's outstanding defence, with Michael Dawson and Joe Worrall delivering a masterclass in how to nullify Mitrovic for the most part, and an inept referee's inability to retain control of the contest. Samba, who was booked far too late for continual delaying of the restart, produced a brilliant one-handed save to claw away Sessegnon's deflected volley – but the home side failed to test him enough given they enjoyed 72% of the possession.

The Whites did grab a lifeline with eight minutes to play. Substitute Aboubakar Kamara bulldozed his way down the left flank and cut the ball back from the byline, allowing Mitrovic to arrow a first-time effort into the far corner. There was still plenty of time for a storming finish with Worrall remarkably heading a goalbound Harry Arter volley behind for a corner and a couple of strong handball shouts waved away, but Forest resisted during eight minutes of second-half stoppage-time to claim an outstanding away victory.

FULHAM (4-3-3): Bettinelli; S. Sessegnon (Kamara 74), Bryan, Mawson, Ream (Christie 87); Arter, Johansen (Decordova-Reid 45), Cairney; Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic. Subs (not used): Rodak, Le Marchand, McDonald, Reed.

BOOKED: Arter, Kamara.

GOAL: Mitrovic (82).

NOTTINGHAM FOREST (4-1-4-1): Samba; Jenkinson (Cash 82), Robinson, Dawson, Worrall; Watson; Lolley (Adomah 72), Ameobi, Sow, Silva (Semedo 58); Grabban. Subs (not used): Muric, Ribeiro, Figueiredo, Mir.

BOOKED: Ameobi, Semedo, Samba, Adomah.

GOALS: Grabban (4, 61).

REFEREE: Peter Bankes (Merseyside).

ATTENDANCE: 18,186

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/grabban-brace-brings-fulham-back-to-reality/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Full Time: Reality Check For Fulham With Their 2-1 Loss To Nottingham Forest

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

Listen to Emilio Di Nello and Craig Coben discuss their initial reactions to Fulham's 2-1 loss to Nottingham Forest at Craven Cottage. The guys recorded this outside of Craven Cottage shortly after the match ended, and explained why this was a reality check for Fulham.

Lastly, you can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/8/24/20831217/cottage-talk-full-time-reality-check-for-fulham-with-their-2-1-loss-to-nottingham-forest

WhiteJC

No need for regret – Fulham are better off without this lacklustre 29-year-old and offloading him was the best choice

Fulham have no reason to regret the sale of Rui Fonte

As confirmed by reports on Fulham's official website, Fulham have parted ways with attacker Rui Fonte, with the 29-year-old winger joining Portuguese side Braga earlier in the week.

The former Portuguese U21 international has finally sealed a return to his homeland with his former club Braga, signing a three-year deal before the closure of the transfer window following a loan stint at Lille in Ligue 1 the last term.

Fonte, who made his move to Craven Cottage from Braga back in the summer of 2017, featured on 27 occasions for the Cottagers in the Championship in the 2017-18 campaign.

He scored thrice and assisted a further couple to propel the West Londoners to a promotion-winning season under former boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

Those returns, however, weren't apparently enough to convince the club hierarchy to give the versatile forward a crack of the whip in the Premier League, as Fonte found himself shipped out on loan to Lille for the entirety of the 2018-19 campaign.

The 29-year-old's loan spell in France didn't pay rich dividends, though, as the Portuguese star cut a rather peripheral figure in Christophe Galtier's side that finished runners-up to champions PSG in Ligue 1 the last term.

Fonte managed only a single goal in 18 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille, which clearly isn't much to write home about for any wide player.

The news regarding Fonte's sale to Braga came just a few hours after Fulham's thumping 4-0 victory over Millwall at home in the mid-week fixture.

A brace from Wolves loanee Ivan Cavaleiro and goals from Anthony Knockaert and Aleksandar Mitrovic ensured that Scott Parker's side continued their promising start to the campaign with three back-to-back wins following a shock opening day defeat against newcomers Barnsley.

Earlier in the summer, Fulham bagged some real coups in the transfer market before the August deadline, with the Cottagers strengthening their squad with the acquisition of Ivan Cavaleiro, Harrison Reed, Anthony Knockaert, Bobby Reid and Harry Arter on loan deals from various Premier League clubs.

As well as Fulham's impressive start to the new season in the Championship following a major debacle in the Premier League the last term, the fans have every reason to be happy with the club's transfer business this summer.

As opposed to the previous summer when they had forked out a fortune to enrich the squad with several high-profile signings, Fulham apparently adopted a much more cautious and measured approach in the market this term.

It is a no-brainer that Parker has managed to bring in significant reinforcements for virtually nothing, whilst the sale of teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon to Spurs has certainly boosted the club's funds.

To put things into perspective, Fulham have done exceedingly well to keep hold of star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and a few other key players following their relegation from the Premier League and the departure of some of the fringe players before the end of the month shouldn't bother them too much.

Rui Fonte was definitely in the bracket of deadwood at Craven Cottage and despite the 29-year-old's professionalism and amiable character, he hardly seemed to have a future in West London.

The Portuguese star had failed to live up to the expectations at Fulham following his move from Braga back in 2017, having struggled to get to grips with the gruelling physicality of the Championship and failing to acclimatise to the club's structure and setup.

Fonte barely made an impression in English football and move back to his homeland is likely to favour the resurrection of his faltering career.

With the likes of Mitrovic, Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Aboubakar Kamara all in the attacking ranks at the club, Fonte would have found himself way down the pecking order under Parker this season and the fans hardly have any reason to regret his departure.

Truth be told, the Cottagers needed to balance their books by getting rid of the deadwood this summer and the sale of the 29-year-old out-of-favour star can be regarded as a step in the right direction.

That said, Fulham are certainly better off without the lacklustre Portuguese attacker in their squad.

https://soccersouls.com/no-need-for-regret-fulham-are-better-off-without-this-lacklustre-29-year-old-and-offloading-him-was-the-best-choice/

WhiteJC

Fulham extends Tim Ream's contract to 2021

The London club ties down one of it's most important players.

EFL Championship side Fulham FC have extended the contract of United States Men's National Team defender Tim Ream until 2021. Fulham exercised a one-year option in Ream's current contract.

The 31-year-old has been a key player for Fulham since joining the club from Bolton Wanderers in 2015. He was named the club's Player of the Season in 2017-2018, during which it earned promotion to the Premier League. Last season, Ream made 26 appearances as the club was relegated from the Premier League. He has made four appearances in the first five games of the 2019-2020 Championship season. Fulham is currently fifth in the Championship and are expected to be fighting for promotion.

Ream has been a favorite of USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter in 2019, making nine appearances so far. He appeared in five of six games at the 2019 Gold Cup. He played exclusively as a left-back as the team advanced to the final and lost 1-0 to Mexico.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-americans-abroad/2019/8/24/20831301/tim-ream-fulham-contract-extension