Bad start for Seri

Started by FulhamKC, August 25, 2019, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 30, 2019, 08:12:02 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 30, 2019, 06:40:16 AM
Quote from: Penfold on August 29, 2019, 04:27:43 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 25, 2019, 11:30:30 PM
Anguiissa played really well, a huge loss to us.

Dropped to the bench for the game at Levante

Oh well, it seems we will get no money for Anguissa now and he'll be coming back to Fulham next season. It's a shame as we need to sell Anguissa (or make premier league), otherwise no way we can afford Arter and Reid. If Anguissa performs poorly, we cannot sell him to buy players. He is still a Fulham player and his success or failure will affect next seasons transfer budget.

So, Anguissa is benched for one game, and the immediate conclusion is that now we will get no money for him? This sounds just like when people love to write players off after seeing them one time (or maybe a couple). Like I saw someone labelling Onomah as never starting for Fulham unless we suffer consecutive relegations. Knee jerk reactions galore, no doubt fuelled by the media doing exactly this. 

I agree though that it is much preferred that our players out on loan does really well since it will only benefit us in the long run.
Person who I have spoken to felt he played well in their previous game but they did let in four so someone took the can.
Hes been playing ok and the slower pace is helping him. They are due to play Real Madrid next and is expected to start.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 30, 2019, 06:40:16 AM
Quote from: Penfold on August 29, 2019, 04:27:43 PM

Dropped to the bench for the game at Levante

Oh well, it seems we will get no money for Anguissa now and he'll be coming back to Fulham next season. It's a shame as we need to sell Anguissa (or make premier league), otherwise no way we can afford Arter and Reid. If Anguissa performs poorly, we cannot sell him to buy players. He is still a Fulham player and his success or failure will affect next seasons transfer budget.

Let us hope he can go and fail somewhere else, as long as he doesn't come back and fail at Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
the slower pace is helping him

This is one of the big issues I had with loaning him out to Spain. His main problem IMO was he needed to adjust to the pace of the English league. A season in the Championship would have been perfect for that and if we'd gone up, we could have had a useful player. As it stands, even if we get promoted, and he does brilliantly in Spain and wants another crack at the PL with us, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team. He's going to be just as uncomfortable with the pace as he looked this time last year. Effectively, he's now committed to a Rui Fonte/Mitroglou style exit - one or more loans then eventually a low profile transfer out the back door.

fulhamfever

Both are pants and we got ripped off

JoelH5

Arter has already been miles and miles better for us than Anguissa. That was a very shrewd move by us.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Whatever glue you are sniffing, is effecting your logic, another very expensive error of judgement by the crack stats unit. He is better off where he is now, and so are we better off where he is now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamfever

After the 4-4 game on the opening day Villarreal dropped FZA

Twig

You really need to admit that you backed the wrong horse.  He's still struggling to establish himself at Villarreal.

Spirit of 2000

Seri apparently being panned by Turkish media and not popular with the clubs fans. So far deemed poor. No surprise as he was awful here barring a couple of early matches

Twig

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on August 30, 2019, 07:17:16 PM
Seri apparently being panned by Turkish media and not popular with the clubs fans. So far deemed poor. No surprise as he was awful here barring a couple of early matches

Agreed. He has some talent but lacks commitment and bottle. I also felt he failed to show enough creativity in his choice of pass.