watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can See Huddersfield getting relegated, shows how well we have responded

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, August 21, 2019, 10:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

The bookies have Huddersfield as a mid table team, but I think they are looking at back to back relegation )currently 23rd) and they just seem like a team that collapsed so badly.

Fulham on the other hand kept their talismanic striker, and seem to have formed a forward line fitting to his strengths, and gave a young manager who had a strong link with the club a trial run at the end of a bad year.

Also managed to retain and seemingly refresh players who have got us promoted before, which is vital.

Statto

No chance. They've a handful of players, eg Pritchard and Mounie, who would get into any team in this division (except ours of course). The fact the manager has just been sacked shows how far they're falling short of expectations. I'm inclined to believe the bookies rather than the impression given by the first few games of the season.

fulhamfever

I think the three that will go down will be Stoke City, Luton Town and Wigan

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 21, 2019, 11:08:31 PM
I think the three that will go down will be Stoke City, Luton Town and Wigan
brentford and QPR are in free fall
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

humussapiens

Huddersfield has two-seasons PL players that gives them enough qualities for mid-table. Their turnaround is around the corner. Mind that they had a difficult games already, Derby, Cardiff and us. 

fulhamben

Quote from: humussapiens on August 22, 2019, 08:58:25 AM
Huddersfield has two-seasons PL players that gives them enough qualities for mid-table. Their turnaround is around the corner. Mind that they had a difficult games already, Derby, Cardiff and us. 
thought they played some decent stuff against us, but was talking to a town lass and she said they sold all their strikers, and she is worried that they dont have enough goals in them. seems really weird whats happening there as after 2 years in the prem, with a relatively low financial outlay, you would have thought they would be financially sound and could have had a go this year at a relatively low risk. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

I think they'll be fine. Just taking a while to set in. Won't be a good season for them but they should stay up comfortably.

Fulham76

I think Huddersfield will be fine. They've got enough decent players left & the usual new manager bounce, when he's appointed, should kick start their season.

When we were last relegated, didn't we only pick up 1 point from the first 7-8 games?

toshes mate

In our promotion season we started with three draws and were languishing around seventeenth before we turned.  It is far too early to make decisions about who is going where.  MJG's latest stats tell you where the promotion, relegation and three to sixth were after four games last term - it's instructive even if you don't think you can ever win at gambling.

RoyTund

If you go to the huddersfield forum many of them are expressing real concern that they could 'do a Sutherland' and backing up with some reasoned logic on they way they are set up playing given the players they lost in the transfer window. Can get 6/1 on them.

Woolly Mammoth

I feel Huddersfield Town should be able to avoid relegation, but in this Division nobody really knows, as so many teams can beat anyone on their day.
Nevertheless, Fulham's response has been so encouraging and positive. As the last three matches have shown. The Barnsley match was I feel more about our application, and mentality which gifted Barnsley the edge. Since that moment the players led by Scott Parker have shown quality and commitment, playing the games at our tempo.
Nine points out of 12 is a well deserved return.
Another challenge awaits us on Saturday, and our squad will be tested over a challenging season. But third in the League with one point behind the current Leaders, and the best goal difference, is the kind of start we needed.
But it's only the start, we have to build on it, and keep it ticking over.
Consistency, Consistency, Consistency.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Stoneleigh Loyalist

On form in 2019 Swansea will walk the Championship and yet none of the pundits seem to mention them. Sky are bigging  us up so much that they will love to see us fail  to gain promotion if we do.
Over confidence is a bad thing and lose a few and you end up 10th.

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 01, 2019, 03:12:58 PM
On form in 2019 Swansea will walk the Championship and yet none of the pundits seem to mention them. Sky are bigging  us up so much that they will love to see us fail  to gain promotion if we do.
Over confidence is a bad thing and lose a few and you end up 10th.
Wish we were not considered such good promotion material, the experts are often way out with their forecasts.