https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabri gone

Started by DevonFFC, September 02, 2019, 10:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Milo

Good luck.

I don't begrudge the signing because I'm a firm believer in word of mouth tips from trusted friends eg when making legal decisions, medical decisions etc. This was us putting faith in our GK coach's tip.. it didn't come off.. but then eg Slav with Mitro did.

The reason why I felt he didn't make it here as I keep boringly saying was that his major flaw was quickly found out. He kept making poor decisions in coming off his line eg in pre season last year for a free kick when we conceded, and then against QPR for that second goal.

Twig

Quote from: Milo on September 02, 2019, 10:38:05 PM
Good luck.

I don't begrudge the signing because I'm a firm believer in word of mouth tips from trusted friends eg when making legal decisions, medical decisions etc. This was us putting faith in our GK coach's tip.. it didn't come off.. but then eg Slav with Mitro did.

The reason why I felt he didn't make it here as I keep boringly saying was that his major flaw was quickly found out. He kept making poor decisions in coming off his line eg in pre season last year for a free kick when we conceded, and then against QPR for that second goal.

Absolutely agree with you Milo.

Woolly Mammoth

Blimey we had better put Rational Fan on suicide watch. I believe Mince is already stationed at Beachy Head, in case RF finds his way down there. 
We will just have to stay vigilant.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2019, 10:54:05 PM
Blimey we had better put Rational Fan on suicide watch. I believe Mince is already stationed at Beachy Head, in case RF finds his way down there. 
We will just have to stay vigilant.

Thanks for that, but i knew we had three of the best dozen goalkeepers in the championship so we had to sell one and any two are good enough. I am certain in few weeks Fabri will be first choice keeper at his new Liga A club and if he gets a clean sheet against Real Madrid (20th Oct) or Barcelona (8th Dec) or makes the Uruguay First XI, you'll never hear the end of it. Remember, Fabri has conceeded less than a goal a game in his last 70 league games. Fabri is no Peter Shilton 6ft0in, but he is a damn good keeper despite his short height 6ft1in.

Woolly Mammoth

Nice try RF, but Fabri is 6ft + the width of a fag paper. Not 6ft 1 as you claim, nice try but no cigar. I am pleased he has moved on as it saves me bringing a step ladder for him every week.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 03, 2019, 06:03:23 AM
Nice try RF, but Fabri is 6ft + the width of a fag paper. Not 6ft 1 as you claim, nice try but no cigar. I am pleased he has moved on as it saves me bringing a step ladder for him every week.

Oh well, we will see how Fabri goes against Atletico Bilbao, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid in the next few weeks. And, he won't need your step ladder, because he can actually catch a ball above his head, rather than just punch it.

hovewhite

Always good to have opinions as we can all agree to differ,my view he had a bad start behind a defence that didn't no how to defend.and never got another chance.

Jim©

I think Fabri got a very harsh deal here. He was (IMO) way way better than Betts and better all round than Rico (though Rico's shot stopping was impressive).
I can't get over the fact we now seem to be playing the 4th best of the keepers we had a few weeks ago!

Fulham 442

I agree with the points made in the last two posts. It will be interesting to see how Fabri gets on at his new club. I wish him only the best.

Penfold

Quote from: Jim© on September 03, 2019, 09:40:45 AM
I think Fabri got a very harsh deal here. He was (IMO) way way better than Betts and better all round than Rico (though Rico's shot stopping was impressive).
I can't get over the fact we now seem to be playing the 4th best of the keepers we had a few weeks ago!

The last three coaches haven't rated him for whatever reason.

Watched the friendly he played in and the two league games and he didn't impress. In his defence, we were playing a load of new defenders in front of him.

Rico struck me as a decent shot stopper but vulnerable to crosses and opponents exploited that.

Thought Bettinelli was decent in promotion season but had difficult time of it last season and then got injured.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 03, 2019, 06:17:15 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 03, 2019, 06:03:23 AM

Oh well, we will see how Fabri goes against Atletico Bilbao, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid in the next few weeks. And, he won't need your step ladder, because he can actually catch a ball above his head, rather than just punch it.

He will certainly get an easier ride where he is now, as the rigours of the English League was clearly one step too far for him.

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I met him in the hospitality suite during that clown Ranieri's first game, a very nice lad. It may not have worked out here, but good luck to him.

092.gif

KeenCottager

Off the wage book, likely a small loan fee - needs to play so we can sell him, hopefully in January

Twig

Quote from: Jim© on September 03, 2019, 09:40:45 AM

He was "way way better than Betts and better all round than Rico", based on what evidence?  Certainly not his limited appearances for Fulham.