more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector To Join In January

Started by Deeping_white, September 05, 2019, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Hector To Join In January

The Club is delighted to confirm that Michael Hector will join from Chelsea in January for an undisclosed fee.

Hector, 27, has penned a deal which ties him to Fulham until at least the summer of 2022, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Hector will be training at Motspur Park ahead of what will be a vital second half of the season.

The imposing centre-back spent last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, playing 37 times in the Championship and subsequently winning the Owls' Player of the Year trophy.

Speaking after making the short move across SW6, Hector told fulhamfc.com: "It was an easy decision to make. My Mum's from Fulham, so it's nice to join a club that some of my family support.

"It's good to now be a part of the setup here. Hopefully things can work out well and we can get promoted. I know how tough the Championship is and it won't be any different for us.

"We'll have to work hard for it but the squad is very good and my job will be to help them push for promotion."

Having added a defender to his ranks, Tony Khan said: "Michael Hector is a talented central defender with experience in the Championship, where he was Sheffield Wednesday's Player of the Year last season, and his imposing height will bring a new dimension to our defence.

"Although Michael can't officially join our First Team until January, what's important is he's now a member of Fulham Football Club. Michael will help us challenge for promotion and make us better in the second half of the season, at a time when depth, experience and quality will be at a premium in the Championship. Come on Fulham!"

Hector began his career at Reading and, after taking in several loan spells, established himself in the Royals backline in 2014/15, with his performances attracting the attentions of Chelsea who brought him to Stamford Bridge that summer.

He then gained valuable experience across a variety of loan stints. After a year back at the Madejski Stadium, he sampled German football with Eintracht Frankfurt in 2016/17, featuring 27 times as they finished 11th in the Bundesliga and reached the German Cup Final.

Hector was back in the Championship for the subsequent two seasons, racking up a total of 77 appearances for Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday.

A full Jamaican international, Hector has represented his country at the Copa America and the Gold Cup, helping them to the Final of the latter in 2015.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/september/05/michael-hector-to-join-fulham-in-january

Slaphead in Qatar

Good one - recruitment department really doing well this summer. Learning from their mistakes potentially

lomotd

Great signing. The new year is a long way away though, can he play for the U23s in the meantime, otherwise will lack match fitness come January?

elgreenio

great stuff that, shame we couldn't get it done last month but another positive signing from TK, exactly what we need
touch my camera through the fence

Statto

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 05, 2019, 04:12:44 PM
Good one - recruitment department really doing well this summer. Learning from their mistakes potentially

Agreed, putting aside any criticism for not signing him on deadline day, this was the next best thing. Perm deal as well. Nice to see the club showing some ingenuity and shrewdness in transfer dealings.

Deeping_white

Quote from: lomotd on September 05, 2019, 04:13:19 PM
Great signing. The new year is a long way away though, can he play for the U23s in the meantime, otherwise will lack match fitness come January?

Don't believe so as they're official matches and he's not a registered player until January, although if we had a friendly then I think he probably can

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 05, 2019, 04:34:36 PM
Quote from: lomotd on September 05, 2019, 04:13:19 PM

Don't believe so as they're official matches and he's not a registered player until January, although if we had a friendly then I think he probably can
Hopefully the club arrange some under 23 friendly matches before January to help build his match fitness. I'm sure he'll get a run out in in the FA Cup in early jan as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

AnOldBrownie

Good job TK.

Now we just need Mawson and Ream to stay healthy at least until January.

Roberty

Since he was going to be out of contract at the end of this season, I presume we got a hefty discount on the price we were thinking to pay in August.

Maybe TK has learnt some lessons about the art of brinkmanship from Danial Levy
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fernhurst

Well, let's all hope he is as good as we think he is.

Appears to be another good signing, well done to all involved.

How tall is he??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RP24

Wonder if we will use this as a precedent and start signing players during the season so they can join as soon as the window opens?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 05, 2019, 05:08:07 PM

How tall is he??

He's 6"3 I believe so would be the tallest CB we have

Statto

Quote from: Roberty on September 05, 2019, 05:04:23 PM
Since he was going to be out of contract at the end of this season, I presume we got a hefty discount on the price we were thinking to pay in August.

What, because 4 weeks ago his contract still had sooooo much longer left to run than it does now?

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2019, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Roberty on September 05, 2019, 05:04:23 PM

What, because 4 weeks ago his contract still had sooooo much longer left to run than it does now?

He isn't signed until January.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 05, 2019, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 05, 2019, 05:08:07 PM

How tall is he??

He's 6"3 I believe so would be the tallest CB we have

Thank you .... now if we can just get someone to take a corner we may get a couple of goals this season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

He can speak to Harvey Smelliot about top bunches hair do's
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jeroen

What is great as well, is that he is training with us. This means that on the 1st of January he can start and is already used to be playing with the rest of the team. No settling in period etc!

Well done!!

Lighthouse

Well he will probably be injured in a freak boating accident the last day of December.  Still it makes good sense to have him here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

70sPimlico

Quote from: Jeroen on September 05, 2019, 08:35:35 PM
What is great as well, is that he is training with us. This means that on the 1st of January he can start and is already used to be playing with the rest of the team. No settling in period etc!

Well done!!

Exactly. I was going to make a point recently regarding our play that many defenders will not have played a possession game to the extent that we do. I believe many on here would be crying out for a player like Alfie Mawson if he was playing for another championship team, who played a more traditional game. I think he would look very special. At the moment, he's is still finding his feet. In time, when he gets to grips with our game, I believe he will be a great defender. He can look shaky at times.

Any defender that joins will take some time unless they have been playing for a team that builds from the back.

The fact that Hector is training with us will really help.

footnote

I'm sure I could have used far less words to say that...but its done now